High speed train Bangkok - Korat 500 baht/one hour 17 minutes - "no way will it fail"

webfact

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely incorrect. I used to regularly travel on the Maglev train in Shanghai, that gets up to 460 kmh. Truly amazing piece of technology, though even that caught fire one day. In a country that can't run slow trains without incident, traveling on one going seriously quickly could be considered potentially unwise.

China managed it....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'"There is no way that the high speed train will fail,"...' Someone's famous last words, I suspect.

As for the MRT being built dubiously close to the low-lying marshland, it was said at the time that give it 50 years, and the water level would start to prove problematic.

3 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'"There is no way that the high speed train will fail,"...' Someone's famous last words, I suspect.

As for the MRT being built dubiously close to the low-lying marshland, it was said at the time that give it 50 years, and the water level would start to prove problematic.

Here is to truly wishing that we will still be around to see the results, cheers!

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

it would appear their airline maintenance is not up to scratch,, so i cannot see this super duper fast train being any different.

I can think of one difference, and it's not for the good.

At least, the international airline operators, and the government agencies that regulate them, are somewhat overseen by international aviation regulators like ICAO and U.S. FAA.

In the case of the planned Thai high-speed train, there'll be no one else looking over their shoulder, and probably no one looking out the front window either!!!  :ph34r:

Our country is ready for high speed train. Be encouraged and move forward.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly the majority of expats are terrified Los will lose its 3rd world charm to modernisation.

Just go back a few posts to where the dinosaurs are crying about losing 3rd class seating and sneaking out between carriages for a "smoke" and "the good old days" lol. The sooner these old boys start pushing up daisies the better IMO

From what I've seen of this project so far I'm very impressed. I believe it will be a success. The project is moving foward quite rapidly. I believe the train will travel at different speeds at different sectors. Track security for me is a concern but I'm sure they have considered this. When it comes to mega projects I think Thailand does very well. No doubt there is corruption and scandals but they get the job done. If in Australia we would still be waiting for the plans to be approved or bickering over the budget and then going on strike. For those who have driven north out of Bangkok lately you would have witnessed the extent of this project. For anyone who has driven regularly over the last year you would have noticed the good progress. Don't be so quick to criticise. 

The Chinese are into the project...it won't fail, hopefully....and soon another track will go southbound from Bangkok to Hua Hin hopefully...and the skeptical are urged to kindly consult the link below that will refer to an array of global train mishaps, no country is spared, be it in the East or the West.

C'mon people, stop twerking towards this country...

ref.:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rail_accidents_(2010–present)

The surveyors will have to be trained to use one of these. With 8 prisms spaced at intervals of no more than 60 metres its the most accurate and only way to get Hi-speed rail to standard

amberg_survey_grp_1000.jpg

I'd love to see it succeed. I have used them in China and very convenient. I have my doubts though. Corruption and incompetence reign supreme in Thailand so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

22 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I would say for it to "Not fail" they would have to develop Khorat quite a bit to make it a nicer place to live 

Korat..

The high speed hub of the North.

I'll let it run for a while before using it thanks.

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

The Germans lost out a few years ago, I wonder if the Chinese will suffer the same fate

They will need quite a lot of assistance or "Technical Support" as it was called in China by the German companies

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

They will need quite a lot of assistance or "Technical Support" as it was called in China by the German companies

yes the Germans got a lot of>>>>>>> when building and when bankrupt due to it So I am told

9 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

China, how that???

... the Maglev in Shanghai was built by Siemens and ThyssenKrupp, german companies.

And you think Thailand will be providing anything other than the land and labour!

No they were far from bust I worked for them .Deuche bahn sold the Chinese a load of expensive machinary which did not suit the job , wont go into it but something to do with length of rails used to build the job. They ended building it by hand . One thing China has is people

3 minutes ago, Tofer said:

And you think Thailand will be providing anything other than the land and labour!

That will be the way. As mention they will get "Technical Support"

11 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

No they were far from bust I worked for them .Deuche bahn sold the Chinese a load of expensive machinary which did not suit the job , wont go into it but something to do with length of rails used to build the job. They ended building it by hand . One thing China has is people

You have lost me on this Dave, I was on about a certain road >> network being built here and a plane going missing and a German company going bankrupt Maybe it did not happen as I thought.

Just now, wakeupplease said:

You have lost me on this Dave, I was on about a certain road >> network being built here and a plane going missing and a German company going bankrupt Maybe it did not happen as I thought.

Sorry mate thought you meant German companies in China

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Your kind comments are welcome.Normally Kiwis are a little more polite than you, but I admit your post did not set off my sarcasm alarm, hence my reply. Perhaps you had a bad day in Paradise?

Lol, I probably shouldnt drink and type. Not in Paradise this week which could be the problem. Have a good day.

On 28/06/2017 at 9:07 AM, djayz said:

Korat might not be your cup of tea, but it's "home" to some of us ?

On this note, the city has developed a lot over the past few years; The Mall was extended and renovated, Terminal 21 built a store there, they've built/are building new apartment blocks, roads, shops, etc. 

Back to the subject of the high-speed train: as others have already pointed out, "precision" isn't their (Thais) forte.

Shopping malls- yet another one,yeah really great entertainment and interesting cultural development. The city  is a hot ,traffic infested dump. Apart from a tired zoo and a water park what else has it really got to offer? No natural beauty . Yes I live 70 kilometres from there and apart from going to stock up with commodity shopping it's got nothing to offer.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, Blinky62 said:

Scared of modern technology, don't worry you'll get over it , just close your eyes and follow the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But tell him to make sure that he has adequate accident and life insurance cover before buying a ticket   Incidentally, who came up with the 500 baht for a ticket suggestion?  It costs 1250 baht just to nip across from Hua HIn to Pattaya by ferry, so I expect that the 500 baht figure was just plucked out of thin air to show what a good idea it is.

After all, it would hardly be a novelty had the figure been the subject of twenty or so committee meetings before finally having been decided by a section 44 edict. 

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Shopping malls- yet another one,yeah really great entertainment and interesting cultural development. The city  is a hot ,traffic infested dump. Apart from a tired zoo and a water park what else has it really got to offer? No natural beauty . Yes I live 70 kilometres from there and apart from going to stock up with commodity shopping it's got nothing to offer.

You need to get out a little more... Korat, the province, has a lot to offer. 

Hop on a motor bike and aride/ in your pickup and drive around for a day. Get off the beaten track.

Go down lanes, unmarked roads, etc. - there really is some spectacular, absolutely breath-taking scenery there. Nam Wang Kieao (not sure I've spelt that correctly) to mention just one site. 

Like I've written before, it's not everyman's cup of tea. 

Get out of the Mall!! 

Archived