"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

7pm.jpg 
Picture: Daily News

KOH TAO: -- Daily News reported this morning that a popular website was saying there had been a cover up by Thai news media in the death of Elise Dallemagne from Belgium.

And they said that the mother of the victim was demanding a proper investigation and that she suspected her daughter had been murdered then made to look like she had hanged herself to cover up the crime.

The latest claims are bound to add fuel to the fire with some having dubbed the holiday isle in Surat Thani in Thailand's south as "Death Island" after two high profile murders and other mysteries.

Daily News published a page from the victim's passport that showed she was 31 not 30 as previously written. She was listed as being from Brussels.

She was found hanged following a fire at the bungalow where she was staying on the other side of the island.

According to Daily News Chokchai Sutthimek leading the case for Koh Tao police was sticking to his version that the victim was found hanged on Tuesday and had probably been dead since the 23rd or 24th.

But "CSI LA" online claimed that there had been a cover up by the Thai media to suppress the unwanted news.

The Belgian embassy has been informed and the mother contacted but she believes that her daughter did not take her own life and was in fact murdered.

She was believed to be en route to collect her daughter's possessions.

Several young people have gone missing in mysterious circumstances on the island where two British nationals were found slain, a crime for which two Burmese men were convicted and are on death row.

Known as the B2 many believe them to be innocent and that the island harbors a dark secret.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-30

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Koh Tao Cops Investigate ‘Suicide’ Of Belgian Tourist 

B Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1965494_10154611817255212_91424229695979

A Sept. 29, 2014, photo of Elise Dallemagne. Image: Elise Dallemagne / Facebook

KOH TAO — Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

The move followed news reports that Elise Dallemagne, 30, might have been murdered – contrary to the police’s conclusion back in April. Dallemagne, found dead on April 27, was the latest known foreigner to have died on Koh Tao, an island known for a string of backpackers’ deaths since 2014 that some people found suspicious.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-30

Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

Reopened...then go quiet hoping everyone forgets.

When rementioned same verdict concluded.

Two months to hit the news raises enough suspicion. Regardless of the circumstances of death, the fact that this story has seemingly been purposefully suppressed and kept out of the news warrants re-investigation. 

Funny, the foreign resident who vociferously protested the Samui Times article last week made no mention of this death (no surprise). But it should make one wonder how he could write his letter while likely knowing about (or possibly having attended the scene) of this last death. It is a small island after all and he claims he attended the Witheridge/Miller crime scene. 

"Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation"

A total waste of time as no Thai official involved is ever going to admit they were wrong, it is not in the culture. Huge loss of face !! 

Well Steve, no suspicious deaths right? Took only 2 months to hit the newswire. You know what Steve? What I think is suspicious is the fact you knew about her death around the time this happened according to the Samui Times , I quote:

""According to the girl’s mother the girl’s body was then taken to Surat Thani by the Koh Tao rescue team, however this is denied by Steven Drylie from the Koh Tao rescue team told the Samui Times the girl had died in Koh Phangan, although he did admit she had visited Koh Tao""

I guess the Samui Times has it all wrong and is twisting the facts since she did die on Koh Tao, not Koh Phangan, right Steve? Nothing suspicious here!  She just woke up because of a fire, fled the scene in a hurry to the other side of the island and decided to hang herself. Nothing suspicious here!

7 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

It is easy (and understandable) to be cynical.

But, even Thailand can surprise.

Although it is difficult at times, hope must be the guiding principle.

I honestly and sincerely would like to see an investigation into the place that would make the Spanish Inquisition look like a little old lady asking the time. However I will wager the house it will never happen.

As said, there is too much money involved. A few dead tourists is clearly a price worth paying. There are plenty more where they come from anyway, as can be seen on the buses and trains heading south as we speak.

50 minutes ago, the guest said:

Don't waste your breath, it's only a foreigner. The only value they have in Thailand, is the money they spend. Everyone knows nothing will come from this, and it will be swept under the carpet. Thailand for Thais !

Now hang on a minute, how can you jump to such a conclusion so quickly, just be patient, now that the case has been reopened they will have find new evidence, and go out and get another unsuspecting Burmese and charge him with murder to cover up the real culprit, no doubt in the force of a son or a nephew of the cop, MAFIA written all over it.

Time the top brass sent in high ranking people to investigate and transfer the entire force out of their and on the main land until a thorough investigation is completed, hopefully with a finding that it was murder, and not by the hands of another unsuspecting Burmese or other. 

1 minute ago, baboon said:

I honestly and sincerely would like to see an investigation into the place that would make the Spanish Inquisition look like a little old lady asking the time. However I will wager the house it will never happen.

As said, there is too much money involved. A few dead tourists is clearly a price worth paying. There are plenty more where they come from anyway, as can be seen on the buses and trains heading south as we speak.

I agree, thousands and thousands will keep coming  and the family locals know it! It is business as usual, boats and buses full with party dudes and good looking farang chicks. Sounds like a true paradise for the 'family' and their studs! 

News from 3 days ago from Australia, no mention of the Belgium death

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/warnings/family-of-luke-miller-vows-to-find-the-truth-after-suspicious-death-on-the-party-island-of-koh-tao/news-story/34c8ab81cea1c13c2e0b8c863c1cb18b

I have posted this and the posts article on my Facebook telling friends to avoid this place period.

9 minutes ago, baboon said:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Martin Luther King jr 

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now hang on a minute, how can you jump to such a conclusion so quickly, just be patient, now that the case has been reopened they will have find new evidence, and go out and get another unsuspecting Burmese and charge him with murder to cover up the real culprit, no doubt in the force of a son or a nephew of the cop, MAFIA written all over it.

Time the top brass sent in high ranking people to investigate and transfer the entire force out of their and on the main land until a thorough investigation is completed, hopefully with a finding that it was murder, and not by the hands of another unsuspecting Burmese or other. 

The "top brass" in the South of Thailand, i.e. the top of the Thai police force in that region, have deep links with the Koh Tao family in question who have deep links with the Surat Thani political powerbrokers who have a strong and mutually dependent relationship with the current administration who appoint the senior positions in the Thai police who decide who or what gets investigated and what the outcomes will be.

Not a good time to be an innocent Burmese worker on Koh Tao I suspect.

Every policeman on teh island should be removed, banished and replaced.

Senior ones have their bank accounts and assets evaluated.

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

The "top brass" in the South of Thailand, i.e. the top of the Thai police force in that region, have deep links with the Koh Tao family in question who have deep links with the Surat Thani political powerbrokers who have a strong and mutually dependent relationship with the current administration who appoint the senior positions in the Thai police who decide who or what gets investigated and what the outcomes will be.

Thai style? Same same!

2 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Martin Luther King jr 

"Try telling that to the victims of Pol Pot."

baboon

Either the general public or the Thai officials are blind to the fact

1. Too many foreigners falling off balconies.

2. Too many exotic hangings of young people

3. Too many disappearances.

This is THAILAND!!!!!

ITS A DANGEROUS PLACE TO CONSIDER EVEN RETIRING, LIVING OR EVEN COMING FOR A HOLIDAY!!!!

its not because all are murderers. Its because the law can be bought for peanuts and there is no justice at all! So all the decrees they could pass through an elephants aft is worth not a foot nor a fart.

Mz opinion to all considering Thailand as a destination..... Dont go! there are much safer places with all the exotic and beauty. 

With the news frenzy over the case, if I were a foreign worker on the island, I would be feeling quite vulnerable and concerned about now, given previous cases.

This place seriously needs to be avoided by any foreigners, tourist or staff. It is just way too dangerous.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

KOH TAO — Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

The body has been cremated and you can bet that the "crime" scene was never properly preserved nor thoroughly examined.

One would have thought that, with all the recent incidents, every death of a foreigner on this island would be put under the microscope by the local and national police  - seems not.

No lessons have been learned from previous suspicious deaths.

5 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Are they Thai house wives ?

I have never heard any foreigners hang themselves while they are in holiday here.

Everyone come for a good time, i don't think they are that much stressful to hang themselves at any situation.

yeah, they just go to pattaya for that.

Archived