"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

4 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The body has been cremated and you can bet that the "crime" scene was never properly preserved nor thoroughly examined.

One would have thought that, with all the recent incidents, every death of a foreigner on this island would be put under the microscope by the local and national police  - seems not.

No lessons have been learned from previous suspicious deaths.

Don't think this has anything to do with learning from previous suspicious deaths, this is a police cover-up of her death.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part that confuses me is that she was n her way home but got off the boat.  Went to a hotel using a fake name that had bungalows go up in flames including hers.

Instead of going home she moves deeper into the island and goes to another hotel that is not so pretty and stays there.

It all seems very strange.  Looking on the surface if she was the only person to check in and if she used a fake name I do not think she wanted anyone including mom to know where she was.

Could the fire have been caused by her as a first attempt??

Did she go to the jungle and use a fake name again with issues and resolution in mind.

As has been stated the parents would never be told what she was really thinking.  That would have been crueller that what she may have done.

Imagine your daughter skypes you and says BTW mom I am so depressed I think I am going to kill myself here.

As to the balcony jumpers a lot of people including me come here looking for answers.  Sometimes we get the right answer, sometimes we get the wrong answer and find that the love we were looking for was only until we were broke and sometimes we get no answer at all.

People come to paradise looking for all the answers sometimes they are not here.

7 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The body has been cremated and you can bet that the "crime" scene was never properly preserved nor thoroughly examined.

One would have thought that, with all the recent incidents, every death of a foreigner on this island would be put under the microscope by the local and national police  - seems not.

No lessons have been learned from previous suspicious deaths.

that is where you are wrong

this case was hidden and only came to light 2 months later

Any foreign woman thinking of visiting this island of death should think twice, Thai men have a very little respect for women, even their own and see them as fair game for having fun. Refusing the advances of a Thai man by any woman will be asking for trouble. They have no self-control. 

Serial Killer,

Multiple murders,

High level cover-up,

Soon International investigative involvement

Unsolved documentary.

Its comming.

MEMO to Minister of Tourism and the General.

Get your makeup on and practice your happy face.

Practice your spin, find another scapegoat.

Or find the bloody killer already!

How does the monitor lizard eat her face so that they have to use dental records to identify her? I can see if she was on the ground but hanging from a tree? Wouldn't the monitor lizard start at the lowest hanging part of the body?

It is time to remove all the current police for Kho Tao.. the military to take over and establish a new police force.. If they think the truth is bad for tourism  how bad is the continual cover ups and publicity they create.. time for real justice if they want the island to be a popular tourist destination.. time to get real... 

Shame Thailand. Shame shame shame. Shame for doing nothing. Shame for not speaking out and saying nothing. Shame for the tolerance of corruption and shame for the disrespect you show the victims of crime. SHAME!!!

What an attractive woman.  What a waste of life.  Sad indeed.  I'd say the only way to get a decent investigation would be to get farang investigators - but of course, Thai authorities would not allow farang to investigate.  Too much chance of loss of face for Thai authorities.

14 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

It is time to remove all the current police for Kho Tao.. the military to take over and establish a new police force.. If they think the truth is bad for tourism  how bad is the continual cover ups and publicity they create.. time for real justice if they want the island to be a popular tourist destination.. time to get real... 

If the self-installed gov't in Bkk had any cojones, they would not only replace the cops top to bottom, but also seriously investigate the mob families on the island - for all the serious crimes of the past 10 years. Granted, that's impossible.

Nice, but where is the proof?

Suspicion are one thing but unless there Is some evidence suspicions are meaningless.

Not that I have any great sympathy for  the Thai police, but again mommy must prove her case,

What she says may well  be true, but talk is cheap, and suspicion I just a word in the dictionary.

Any DNA ? They were quick with the DNA with the Burmese lads, I suppose if you don't look for it then there isn't any and that proves it was suicide. Lovely looking woman, shame for such a life cut so short. I think it will take at least another two murders before the bib get serious about arresting a migrant worker.

As much seems to have been crushed or hushed up...

One alternative would be in non stop international media coverage and warnings..not just a few articles in bling bling scandal papers....but full scale reports in news Channels or reputed daily newspapers.....along with local government warnings

As the Thai boys in brown uniforms seem shy to investigate, time to see if our western media/governments  are any better and do their job to warn people?

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

As much seems to have been crushed or hushed up...

One alternative would be in non stop international media coverage and warmings...

As the Thai boys in brown uniforms seem shy to investigate, time to see if our western media is any better and does it's job to inform people?

Funny enough, I learned of this through Oz media before it came up here on TV. 

Which begs the question: Which news org/journo broke or leaked the story? Seems some in Thai media were aware shortly after the body was found (nearly two months ago). Curious to know the circumstances of suppression and subsequent release two months after the fact. 

2 hours ago, clockman said:

When you have a broken society, who will do anything for money! And that is the key to change anything here. Cut off the money.  Because the mantra is greed.

I agree but all they would do is move to another island like Koh Samui.  Corruption is so powerful in Thailand motivated by (as you say) greed.  It is imbedded very deep.

14 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

Funny enough, I learned of this through Oz media before it came up here on TV. 

Which begs the question: Which news org/journo broke or leaked the story? Seems some in Thai media were aware shortly after the body was found (nearly two months ago). Curious to know the circumstances of suppression and subsequent release two months after the fact. 

Yes, the media who leaked did a good job to inform!!...and  2 months later was perhaps the time necessary for the regular large scale Thai medias to be sure all scientific evidence was erased or cremated????!!!...But the coverage is still not enough in the west and bad press can or could make things move a bit faster???

In the meantime, western tour operators should plainly boycott the island...

but then there is also a subtle form of corruption amongs tour operators/internet holiday websites etc. etc.  in the west who are regularly invited,  worldwide,  in  resorts and hotels all expenses paid,  to "evaluate" the place....

2 hours ago, Krenjai said:

Well Steve, no suspicious deaths right? Took only 2 months to hit the newswire. You know what Steve? What I think is suspicious is the fact you knew about her death around the time this happened according to the Samui Times , I quote:

""According to the girl’s mother the girl’s body was then taken to Surat Thani by the Koh Tao rescue team, however this is denied by Steven Drylie from the Koh Tao rescue team told the Samui Times the girl had died in Koh Phangan, although he did admit she had visited Koh Tao""

I guess the Samui Times has it all wrong and is twisting the facts since she did die on Koh Tao, not Koh Phangan, right Steve? Nothing suspicious here!  She just woke up because of a fire, fled the scene in a hurry to the other side of the island and decided to hang herself. Nothing suspicious here!

Maybe there is a new twist to the many suspicious deaths on Koh Tao. That would shock us all. What if there is a Serial Killer, who has been living on Koh Tao? What if this Serial Killer is a Westerner and works in a "trusted occupation" closely with the police. Has knowledge of privileged information? What if this Serial Killer ironically is a civil servant who is suppose to save lives but is obsessed with taking it. Rescue me?

My housekeeper is Burmese (wonderful woman), and told me after the David & Hanna murders that she had a cousin who worked on the island.  Cousin told her everyone knows who killed D & H, and why, and it sure as hell wasn't the two midgets the cops rounded up. 

Told me the cousin has informed her that Western Foreigners aren't the only ones being raped and murdered, but quite a few Burmese as well.  But those rapes and murders never make the news.  After all, they are just lowly Burmese.  And the majority of the rapes and murders are being done by 2 people with well connected families, who think they are invincible and untouchable, which seems to be true so far.  

She said her cousin finally had enough of living in fear and left, going to Surat Thani for work.  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News published a page from the victim's passport that showed she was 31 not 30 as previously written.

Daily News are correct, because she never made it to her 31st birthday. RIP

I don’t normally get involved in these discussions but something has occurred to me.

She left her original “hotel” after a fire and checked into another some distance away under another name.

Maybe, she had some “issues” at that original place and decided to move location and check in under another name to try and avoid the person/persons that she had “issues” with at her original  “hotel”

I will not speculate on what those issues may have been but if someone on a small island is causing you problems, it is one way to try and avoid them, move location and register under another name.

Archived