"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

I know people who have spent time with this Tantra group in Ko Phangan. The aim is suppose to be free, and kind of is, however as with all of these ego driven guru figures which are mostly men they have their harem of adoring females whom he engages with a false sense of love and intimacy. They prey and suck off women. Some women I meet enjoyed their time with this Tantra group or cult as it is coined, while others confirmed what I suspected. I find it abhorrent personally, as those that are teaching freedom and so called enlightenment often have huge egos. Modern Tantra  is something people made up to make money. I have an Indian friend who comes from the Indian town where it was founded. He told me all this and smirks how people use Tantra, mostly Westerners who have misinterpreted what Tantra means. However when one is vulnerable, these supposed enlightened figures of men get their ego stroked and many women who open themselves up fall victims to it. Some don't feel victimised, many are unaware of the manipulation and others are self confident enough to extract the good seeds (ha ha).This girl was obviously a seeker and very vulnerable and open to darker forces all around her, including the dark side of Koh Tao. I knew a man who lived there, he told me a bit about the island and the Thai mafia. No denying they are heavy and have little respect or regard for foreigners who walk around almost naked, and with little awareness or respect of some traditions of Thailand, contaminating their people,  their women with our wild Western ways and arrogance. They are fiercely protective and obviously have no qualms about killing. I would never go to that island, too many mysterious deaths. I totally question why the police would burn her body without permission, that is very disrespectful to her family. Either the police were covering up for another murder or trying to protect Ko Tao's already corrupt image for money and tourism. Leaving bags behind on a boat sounds like she was open and ungrounded after the Tantra workshop, and need more accurate information on her psychological history. I hope the truth is discovered so her parents can rest in peace. In the meantime free loving Westerners could ban the island until it is made safe. I have never lived in such a sweet place like where I live in Thailand. I feel so much safer here than the country I use to live.There are many wonderful places throughout Thailand just do a little research.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well well, the facts keep changing quicker than the speed of light, well done and good job RTP! The whole focus is not on Koh Tao anymore but now on an obscure sect/cult in Koh Phangan with a questionable leader all under a dark dubious cloud. Reminds me of the focus shift from the headman's sun and his uncle changing to the Burmese two.

Maybe all true, but one wonders where all these new facts suddenly come from? Why was this not reported before? She tried to commit suicide jumping before a train?  Really? Any CCTV on this? Probably not. Are you sure this was her? What does the record say of the hospital? She was sent there for suicidal thoughts treatment? Any CCTV on that one? Any pictures maybe in the hospital? How do you treat suicidal people anyway? Can you cure this is a few hours? How long was she there? Who settled the bill? And suddenly she had three suitcases? Really? And they all arrived in Chumpon? But other reports say that is not the correct? And what about the fake crossed out name? Or a second ticket to BKK? I think Sherlock Holmes would run for the hills if this case would be allocated to him. The RTP can do a far better job! 

As I said, we will never know! This investigation will go nowhere, body has already been cremated (without permission). But hey, nothing suspicious here, right Steve?

The police are looking for tangental "evidence" that could be used to support a theory that she either committed suicide (the alleged suicide attempt in Bangkok) or was murdered by other foreigners - mysterious Indian/ German cult is an obvious choice.

There has been no suggestion that they are trying to exercise their immense powers to try to establish what actually happened to the victim during the last hours and days of her life.  No signs they are reviewing CCTV coverage or conducting blanket interviews of motor bike taxis and other public transport drivers or of everyone that was near the places she was last seen and where her body was discovered or conducting thorough forensic and physical investigations into the fire at her bungalow.  

Unlike the Hannah and David murders they are assisted by the fact there has been no leakage of murder scene photographs that might disprove any theories they come up with.  Garbled accounts in the media suggest the body was found on a rock, wrapped in tee-shirts with a bottle of fuel nearby.  Assuming this account is true, which may be a long shot, It is not clear, if the body had fallen on to rock due to the the rope or tree branch snapping, or (highly unlikely in the short space of time) decomposition of the body.  How the body is supposed to have been wrapped in tee-shirts is also a mystery.  Also unlike the Hannah and David case,  the police forensic report has not been made public. However, given the lack of any autopsy independent of the police, this is unlikely to have a great deal of credilbility.    

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Better yet, question him and do an investigation based in a neutral location without a tourism industry and powerful people to protect.  Then send him back for punishment if he's responsible.

Sadly, the credibility of the Thai justice system and Thai police aren't such that we'd ever know what really happened if it were left to them.

If I were him and innocent I would for sure not stay in Thailand but would go abroad and  report to the police over there. Let the Thai police send a list of questions they have and  they would be  answered - outside Thailand, on oath if they like.

The danger to be made a scapegoat is too big and too real.

And bringing it in the press abroad would be a good idea, too

4 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The police are looking for tangental "evidence" that could be used to support a theory that she either committed suicide (the alleged suicide attempt in Bangkok) or was murdered by other foreigners - mysterious Indian/ German cult is an obvious choice.

Absolutely correct, because no Thai could have done this!

18 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

Well well well, the facts keep changing quicker than the speed of light, well done and good job RTP! The whole focus is not on Koh Tao anymore but now on an obscure sect/cult in Koh Phangan with a questionable leader all under a dark dubious cloud. Reminds me of the focus shift from the headman's sun and his uncle changing to the Burmese two.

Maybe all true, but one wonders where all these new facts suddenly come from? Why was this not reported before? She tried to commit suicide jumping before a train?  Really? Any CCTV on this? Probably not. Are you sure this was her? What does the record say of the hospital? She was sent there for suicidal thoughts treatment? Any CCTV on that one? Any pictures maybe in the hospital? How do you treat suicidal people anyway? Can you cure this is a few hours? How long was she there? Who settled the bill? And suddenly she had three suitcases? Really? And they all arrived in Chumpon? But other reports say that is not the correct? And what about the fake crossed out name? Or a second ticket to BKK? I think Sherlock Holmes would run for the hills if this case would be allocated to him. The RTP can do a far better job! 

As I said, we will never know! This investigation will go nowhere, body has already been cremated (without permission). But hey, nothing suspicious here, right Steve?

I am not sharing your pessimism in your last paragraph. Otherwise good summary.

18 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

25 minutes ago, johnarth said:

Sad another police cover up, and the general is nowhere to be seen or heard, so much for his getting rid of corruption.

Eh...yes....it is business as usual over-there and for the ones that don't believe this I would suggest to check the facebook page of the kohtaopubcrawl. It gives you a good idea, just use your imagination.

3 hours ago, hanssna said:

Now there,  Bigdogfarang,  that seems indeed a more plausible story than the 'death island' and 'serial killer' theory. Well done !

Indeed, the police ( who weren't even on the island my years on Koh Tao in the 90s) are still hardly present, incompetent, and it's very likely they have been trying to cover up this suicide, especially since Koh Tao has been under scrutiny ( more like under an magnifying glass ! ) since the previous deaths, which Did ! see two scapegoats blamed for it.

With thousands of farang travelers per month, trying to learn diving ( after some tripped out partying on Koh Pa Ngan )  drunk- driving bikes around, getting involved in all kinds of drunk or doped up trouble (also with each other) it's no surprise accidents and deaths happen, and the incompetent BIB are handling things in panic and totally wrong...  still... very different then the idea of serial killers etc. prowling on single farang girls.

In all the years before on the island,  in the nightlife, I was more worried about high drunken louts looking for fights, and not too much about the local Thais.

Looking forward to my next trip to the island ! if you are sane minded, staying off the drugs and out of fights, nothing to worry about there !!

And don't forget to ask for your gratis drinks.

14 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Why would he have to ask?

Depends whether or not he's been before.

Though he's rather shot himself in the foot because no Koh Tao supporter 'has ever stepped foot on the island before' :laugh:.

On 7/3/2017 at 6:47 AM, Thechook said:

So just get a thai psychologist to say she was suicidal and case closed.  Why did they cremate the body so fast and without permission of the family?

They cremated it fast may be because it was rotting badly and the smell. It was reported her body was partly consumed by monitor lizards. It's my conjecture, of course I could be wrong.

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

So just get a thai psychologist to say she was suicidal and case closed.  Why did they cremate the body so fast and without permission of the family?

????? How long you are living already here? Farangs create only problems even they died here or committing suicide. Close the books and don't bother! It's an undeveloped country where we live with undeveloped brains, habits, education, and and and.....

1 minute ago, madusa said:

They cremated it fast may be because it was rotting badly and the smell. It was reported her body was partly consumed by monitor lizards. It's my conjecture, of course I could be wrong.

The rescue worker who found the body said it was intact.

An autopsy was performed in Surat Thani Hospital and later by the Institute of Forensic Medicine Police Hospital, Bangkok,. Police informed the Belgian embassy in Bangkok and her mother before cremating her in the presence of embassy staff, according to the Koh Tao police chief.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:23 PM, frank83628 said:

and what would be the point of all that effort?  its been claimed many times that these guys who control tao are all powerful (to an international level by some ) , so why would they need to bother with all that? 

what heavy activities do you mean? there are no cults on Tao, its a small place and pretty sure a cult of any description would stand out or quickly be heard of.

You are right Cyberfarang.  And "to an international level by some" does it means "international network" with contact overseas?

On 7/3/2017 at 4:34 PM, bannork said:

The rescue worker who found the body said it was intact.

An autopsy was performed in Surat Thani Hospital and later by the Institute of Forensic Medicine Police Hospital, Bangkok,. Police informed the Belgian embassy in Bangkok and her mother before cremating her in the presence of embassy staff, according to the Koh Tao police chief.

You read different versions on the same report.  If embassy staff was presented at the cremation then perhaps the embassy must have asked her mum for permission. If cremation was done without any permission from her mum it would be "faux pas" 

And if the body was intact her mum could get it send back to Belgium and get the expert there to perform a thorough autopsy.

3 minutes ago, madusa said:

You read different versions on the same report.  If embassy staff was presented at the cremation then perhaps the embassy must have asked her mum for permission. If cremation was done without any permission from her mum it would be "faux pas" 

And if the body was intact her mum could get it send back to Belgium and get the expert there to perform a thorough autopsy.

It would cost a lot of money to send a body back to Belgium. plus she had already had 2 autopsies. I don't know the cost of keeping the body in the morgue but I guess there's a bill there too.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:50 PM, bannork said:

It would cost a lot of money to send a body back to Belgium. plus she had already had 2 autopsies. I don't know the cost of keeping the body in the morgue but I guess there's a bill there too.

Well, if the Belgium government (embassy included) can be persuaded to really help out with the finance. Belgium is a small but rich country. But I guess Embassy staffs just hate to do this kind of work. They probably already complaining why these young people had nothing better to do than to get kill on this island. (again my conjecture, but it could be right).

Belgium as a country should be very firm and determined to want to find out what these people are doing to their young innocent citizen. They must find out. Autopsy done in Thailand? I wouldn't trust that.

Archived