"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

4 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Two months to hit the news raises enough suspicion. Regardless of the circumstances of death, the fact that this story has seemingly been purposefully suppressed and kept out of the news warrants re-investigation. 

Funny, the foreign resident who vociferously protested the Samui Times article last week made no mention of this death (no surprise). But it should make one wonder how he could write his letter while likely knowing about (or possibly having attended the scene) of this last death. It is a small island after all and he claims he attended the Witheridge/Miller crime scene. 

Exactly so. What a piece of work he is. In cahoots with the whole rotten system.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the Mum will believe it's murder , because she would be in complete denial about the possibility of suicide given her overwhelming grief. The problem for authorities is that fully rational people, with no emotional involvement in the matter, also assume murder; they will continue to make that assumption in future cases until this joint is cleaned up, once and for all.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

If the self-installed gov't in Bkk had any cojones, they would not only replace the cops top to bottom, but also seriously investigate the mob families on the island - for all the serious crimes of the past 10 years. Granted, that's impossible.

Prayut only has control of the civilian population. The police he has no control over. The police are a law unto themselves and Prayut will not go near them. He doesn't have the balls. 

We were in Samui last month and planning to visit Koh Tao but were put off by these mysterious deaths and other rumours. In the end we stayed on for an extra week in Samui. Just a simple example of how this affects the island's economy. I of course tell anyone else that might be planning to visit and on it goes. I am sure the powerful person that is controlling all this does not give a damn about tourists but those depending on Tourism for a living should !  

11 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

We were in Samui last month and planning to visit Koh Tao but were put off by these mysterious deaths and other rumours. In the end we stayed on for an extra week in Samui. Just a simple example of how this affects the island's economy. I of course tell anyone else that might be planning to visit and on it goes. I am sure the powerful person that is controlling all this does not give a damn about tourists but those depending on Tourism for a living should !  

I'm curious, don't you think that the powerful families who rule over most of the island, owe a large part of their financial power to the revenues of tourism?

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Of course cover up..of course CORRUPT POLICE FORCE..OF COURSE INEPT INVESTIGATORS Of Course Mafia Island supported by the corrupt cops.

Of course we must publicise it.?

where does the PM  chime in on the death island ?

I'm curious, don't you think that the powerful families who rule over most of the island, owe a large part of their financial power to the revenues of tourism?

I don't know enough about who is involved to be able to decide why this is all happening but I am merely commenting on the obvious detrimental effect these stories are having on Tourism for Koh Tai , my story is just an example.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wrong. It will probably never happen. And if it does, more patsies, like those poor Burmese chaps will be framed. The serial killing perp is above the law. Any and all laws, including the army. His family is very wealthy. At the "laws don't apply to us level". 

But, having said that, I give much credit to her mother, for not "going along" with the charade, like Hannah and David's folks did. That was just undignified. Not sure why kind of pressure was applied to them, but that was rather unforgivable. Hope this mother keeps up the pressure, and allows the truth to be seen. If there is one thing this feeble administration does respond to, it is shaming from the outside. They really hate that.

Slight correction, Hannah folk did not go along with the verdict, Hanna's  sister was even threatened and told to keep her mouth closed can't remember all the facts maybe someone else can fill in the gaps, Davis's family however were content with the verdict and believed the B2 guilty!

Nothing will ever be done by Thais about this even though most Thais have the same view of KoH Tao as the majority of TV posters. Interesting that yesterday someone posted a big picture of Scooby Doo when the story was released - the farang with their heads in the sand are part of the problem ALL you can do if you feel strongly about it is to tell everyone you know not to ever go there - the problem is it is ALL hushed up to keep the tourism going - if another 200 are murdered there no one will ever do anything. People fall into TWO camps on this. Those that are angry because its WRONG to murder people and those that deny it and cover it up. I saw the Hanna Witheridge case and how that changed in the form of evidence and denial enough to know that the way to handle us people that KNOW something is wrong there is to deny it and tell us were stupid-fact is were NOT - we know corrupt murderers who hide evidence in collusion when we see them!!

44 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Of course the Mum will believe it's murder , because she would be in complete denial about the possibility of suicide given her overwhelming grief. The problem for authorities is that fully rational people, with no emotional involvement in the matter, also assume murder; they will continue to make that assumption in future cases until this joint is cleaned up, once and for all.

……and there you have a post which illustrates why they continue to get away with it!! Their two strongest weapons are (a) remove all evidence (b) ridicule those who can see something is not right there!!

36 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Ah the keyboard warrior- from Darkess Peru ( or some where similar) who probably does not live in the Kingdom. 

Sadly people are murderd, maimed, acid attacked, blown up, knifed all over the world.

Its dangerous out there- however to the vast majority of holiday makers / retirees the Kingdom is a very very safe place to live. 

The foreigners on TV bleat on and on and on about the problems here- the reality is that you all have NO say / influence  whatsoever in how this country is run- so what is the point of whining and whinging .

Just enjoy your lives. 

That didn’t take long - first of the “heads in the sand - it won’t happen to me mob”. 12 murders in three years on a tiny island - where evidence is doctored and changed at will by the police does NOT make it a normal place for tourists!! Most Thais I know which is a lot, say it is a very unsafe place By the way do you have a problem with people ƒrom South America?? Some would call that racism!! Stay safe Peter!!

Okay, everybody here will agree that there is something really suspicious and wrong in these incidents..

But can we directly change any thing? how the investagions are carried? If they will go on etc.? Yes and No....Directly, obviously not...

But indirectly, if tourists just plainly stop flocking the island, spending their money, it may cut off the dragons head out of lack of revenue? Then, then perhaps some tongues would loosen and some serious investigation would re-open. But in the meantime, all those who ignore the issue who and continue spending their money on the island are indirectly contributing for no change to occur.

Mother of dead Belgian woman to arrive in Thailand to find out the truth about daughter’s death

t1.jpg

The mother of a Belgian woman who was found dead on Koh Tao on April 27 plans to arrive in Bangkok to find out the real cause of her daughter’s death after police on the popular island insisted that the victim committed suicide by hanging herself to death.

Michele van Egten, mother of 30-year old Elise Dallemagne, has persistently refused to buy the police’s claim of suicide. She has appealed to anyone who has information about her daughter’s movements before her death to come forward. She also claimed that she has never received the autopsy report as promised by the police.

Earlier, Mrs Egten posted a message on “Agama Community Phangan” Facebook group page on June 26, asking anyone who knows Elise to contact her. Koh Phangan, also in Surat Thani province, is located near Koh Tao where Elise was found dead.

“Please respect the following question : about Elise, just write to me in private if you are a friend of her or maybe a witness of what happened to her. The police investigation is not finished and we are still waiting for the autopsy report. Thank to all of you,” she wrote.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mother-dead-belgian-woman-arrive-thailand-find-truth-daughters-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-30

It's time to invoke Article 44 again and clean up this island completely. Maybe Embassies could put up signs at piers where boats are leaving for Koh Tao warning people of the mystery on "Death Island" - would be clear and true, irrespective of "suicides" or "immigrant murderers".

For sure all the Thais living on the island must be scared to death with all those potential "alien murderers" around .......... 

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The part that confuses me is that she was n her way home but got off the boat.  Went to a hotel using a fake name that had bungalows go up in flames including hers.

Instead of going home she moves deeper into the island and goes to another hotel that is not so pretty and stays there.

It all seems very strange.  Looking on the surface if she was the only person to check in and if she used a fake name I do not think she wanted anyone including mom to know where she was.

Could the fire have been caused by her as a first attempt??

Did she go to the jungle and use a fake name again with issues and resolution in mind.

As has been stated the parents would never be told what she was really thinking.  That would have been crueller that what she may have done.

Imagine your daughter skypes you and says BTW mom I am so depressed I think I am going to kill myself here.

As to the balcony jumpers a lot of people including me come here looking for answers.  Sometimes we get the right answer, sometimes we get the wrong answer and find that the love we were looking for was only until we were broke and sometimes we get no answer at all.

People come to paradise looking for all the answers sometimes they are not here.

Good points. I would like to know; what exactly are those young people doing when they stay on the island and who with?  Are there some weird practices going on that most of us don`t get to hear or know about?

Could it be that for reasons these tourist visitors are into things they prefer others close to them not to know? Why has the German guy so-called Guru involved with tantric yoga resort where the woman had stayed done a runner? There are obviously those who know what`s going on, including those on the island who must have met the victims before their deaths and others that are trying to keep low profiles and hiding behind the scenes.

And Our US president in going to welcome the head of all these corrupt police to the White House soon.

The unelected Prime Minister should put pressure on the Koh Tao cops to find a couple more 'Burmese fall guys' and certainly should not be welcomed in OUR White House.........

Her bungalow catching fire (most likely set on fire) on top of her 'faked' hanging would set off a major crime investigation anywhere but Koh Tao...........

Lovely looking girl. RIP my dear. I am starting to think that Koh Tao is a place to avoid with a serial killer(s) operating there. A terrible shame that this lovely girl had to meet her killer there. There are way too many 'suicides' by people on holiday here in Thailand. I would love to see some data giving the number of tourists, length of stay and rate of suicide here. It could then be compared to national suicide rates. Why do so many people come here for 2 weeks to a month and supposedly top themselves? Makes no sense. What % of tourists in Spain kill themselves?

Just out of curiosity, have foreign embassies and travel agents placed any warnings about the dangers of Koh Tao? What were the conclusions of the farcical British police investigation after the young British couple were proven to had been brutally murdered on the island?

At first I was 50/50 as to the guilt of the two Burmese lads, now I`m convinced they are 100% innocent.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Koh Tao Cops Investigate ‘Suicide’ Of Belgian Tourist 

B Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1965494_10154611817255212_91424229695979

A Sept. 29, 2014, photo of Elise Dallemagne. Image: Elise Dallemagne / Facebook

KOH TAO — Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

The move followed news reports that Elise Dallemagne, 30, might have been murdered – contrary to the police’s conclusion back in April. Dallemagne, found dead on April 27, was the latest known foreigner to have died on Koh Tao, an island known for a string of backpackers’ deaths since 2014 that some people found suspicious.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-30

Let's round up the usual Burmese suspects anyway. Oh. They are in jail? Damn!

3 minutes ago, retarius said:

Lovely looking girl. RIP my dear. I am starting to think that Koh Tao is a place to avoid with a serial killer(s) operating there. A terrible shame that this lovely girl had to meet her killer there. There are way too many 'suicides' by people on holiday here in Thailand. I would love to see some data giving the number of tourists, length of stay and rate of suicide here. It could then be compared to national suicide rates. Why do so many people come here for 2 weeks to a month and supposedly top themselves? Makes no sense. What % of tourists in Spain kill themselves?

Back when the 2 Brits got killed, There was a brief suspicion one of the Village Headman's sons being a suspect and he had left the island early the very next morning...... By the time he had returned to the island they had found the........ '2 Burmese Culprits'..... LOL..... which promptly took focus off the Headman's son.

I still can't help but wonder if that 'son' (and possibly an accomplice) may not be the serial killer(s)....

This has just been reported in Khao Sod News by a German reporter:

When a reporter reached out to Koh Tao police on Wednesday, two officers denied knowledge of the tourist’s death.

“I don’t remember any Belgians,” Lt. Col. Napha Senathip said.

Another officer said he had not seen any case with the name Elise Dallemagne and added that police do not always open investigations into foreigners’ deaths on the island. He also accused the media of portraying Koh Tao in a negative light.

“Sometimes, people just die on Koh Tao without [an investigation], because sometimes people just die,” Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek said. “That said, the media should stop portraying Koh Tao as an ‘Island of Death,’ because that’s unethical journalism.”

Negative light?? Unethical Journalism?? Don't remember any Belgians?? Deny deny deny..................

7 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Two months to hit the news raises enough suspicion. Regardless of the circumstances of death, the fact that this story has seemingly been purposefully suppressed and kept out of the news warrants re-investigation. 

Funny, the foreign resident who vociferously protested the Samui Times article last week made no mention of this death (no surprise). But it should make one wonder how he could write his letter while likely knowing about (or possibly having attended the scene) of this last death. It is a small island after all and he claims he attended the Witheridge/Miller crime scene. 

6 hours ago, Krenjai said:

Well Steve, no suspicious deaths right? Took only 2 months to hit the newswire. You know what Steve? What I think is suspicious is the fact you knew about her death around the time this happened according to the Samui Times , I quote:

""According to the girl’s mother the girl’s body was then taken to Surat Thani by the Koh Tao rescue team, however this is denied by Steven Drylie from the Koh Tao rescue team told the Samui Times the girl had died in Koh Phangan, although he did admit she had visited Koh Tao""

I guess the Samui Times has it all wrong and is twisting the facts since she did die on Koh Tao, not Koh Phangan, right Steve? Nothing suspicious here!  She just woke up because of a fire, fled the scene in a hurry to the other side of the island and decided to hang herself. Nothing suspicious here!

Excellent points.  Excellent points I'd've missed without you having so cleverly pointed them out.  Do you think that the fire and missing luggage were things to cover up a crime;  i.e. rape or maybe robbery/theft,  or maybe both?  They do like to burn tires for no reason aside washing being hung up,  so this fire starting where only tourists could have started it sounds a bit far fetched in a tropical climbate where any fire can easily be put out and would be faily well a non-event.

13 minutes ago, Elfin said:

This has just been reported in Khao Sod News by a German reporter:

When a reporter reached out to Koh Tao police on Wednesday, two officers denied knowledge of the tourist’s death.

“I don’t remember any Belgians,” Lt. Col. Napha Senathip said.

Another officer said he had not seen any case with the name Elise Dallemagne and added that police do not always open investigations into foreigners’ deaths on the island. He also accused the media of portraying Koh Tao in a negative light.

“Sometimes, people just die on Koh Tao without [an investigation], because sometimes people just die,” Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek said. “That said, the media should stop portraying Koh Tao as an ‘Island of Death,’ because that’s unethical journalism.”

Negative light?? Unethical Journalism?? Don't remember any Belgians?? Deny deny deny..................

“Sometimes, people just die on Koh Tao without [an investigation], because sometimes people just die,” Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek said.

OK, sounds like an awesome place for your next tropical beach holiday, a place where the the police don't investigate your death.

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

It's time to invoke Article 44 again and clean up this island completely. Maybe Embassies could put up signs at piers where boats are leaving for Koh Tao warning people of the mystery on "Death Island" - would be clear and true, irrespective of "suicides" or "immigrant murderers".

For sure all the Thais living on the island must be scared to death with all those potential "alien murderers" around .......... 

Definitely, the influence on KT, and other islands, may go higher than the PM   Art.44 will not be used.

Seem like these killers have a real taste for it now and will continue while certain people try and put lipstick on a pig , plenty more scapegoats available when required if unable to be bought for 8000 baht , plenty more people in the right places to cover it up and make it look as if  crime have never ever existed including dodgy forensic results , shark fin marks , video evidence nothing will be introduced to help this girls mother find the truth be prepared for one lie after another.

Archived