"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

It's time to invoke Article 44 again and clean up this island completely. Maybe Embassies could put up signs at piers where boats are leaving for Koh Tao warning people of the mystery on "Death Island" - would be clear and true, irrespective of "suicides" or "immigrant murderers".

For sure all the Thais living on the island must be scared to death with all those potential "alien murderers" around .......... 

maybe it was a suicide and maybe your words are exaggerated? 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Elfin said:

This has just been reported in Khao Sod News by a German reporter:

When a reporter reached out to Koh Tao police on Wednesday, two officers denied knowledge of the tourist’s death.

“I don’t remember any Belgians,” Lt. Col. Napha Senathip said.

Another officer said he had not seen any case with the name Elise Dallemagne and added that police do not always open investigations into foreigners’ deaths on the island. He also accused the media of portraying Koh Tao in a negative light.

“Sometimes, people just die on Koh Tao without [an investigation], because sometimes people just die,” Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek said. “That said, the media should stop portraying Koh Tao as an ‘Island of Death,’ because that’s unethical journalism.”

Negative light?? Unethical Journalism?? Don't remember any Belgians?? Deny deny deny..................

"he media should stop portraying Koh Tao as an ‘Island of Death,’ because that’s unethical journalism. " :post-4641-1156693976:

oh.... I know what is unethical. It is not the journalism (in this case)

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

Back when the 2 Brits got killed, There was a brief suspicion one of the Village Headman's sons being a suspect and he had left the island early the very next morning...... By the time he had returned to the island they had found the........ '2 Burmese Culprits'..... LOL..... which promptly took focus off the Headman's son.

I still can't help but wonder if that 'son' (and possibly an accomplice) may not be the serial killer(s)....

I used to think that way but now I`m not so sure, which doesn`t mean to say the headman and his son have no ideas what`s going on.

I suspect that there are young people participating in activities on that island, some form of partying where things have gotten out of hand that may have turned violent. Love to know exactly what goes on at that tantric yoga resort and what other types of activities these tourists participant in on Koh Tao?

We can't just say this is a murder because it happened on KT , it could be a suicide . 100's of foerigners are taking their own lives in Thailand every year.  But most of them are old men jumping off balconies.  

The big problem in this case is that Thai authorities decided not to report her death to the media. Or was it ever mentioned in local newspapers 2 months ago ?  And this is very unusual , any accidents involving foreigners are reported to media within 24 hours .

So what happened here?   Was it to avoid more negativity about Thailand ? If that's the case they did a big mistake. 

8 hours ago, the guest said:

Don't waste your breath, it's only a foreigner. The only value they have in Thailand, is the money they spend. Everyone knows nothing will come from this, and it will be swept under the carpet. Thailand for Thais !

This is just not true. If it were a poor uneducated local found dead in such circumstances no one would bat an eyelid either.

Right now our best hope for justice is social media and the understated pressure it seems to have nowadays in finding the truth.

Local operators of businesses that benefit from tourism need to also start piling the pressure too.

54 minutes ago, balo said:

We can't just say this is a murder because it happened on KT , it could be a suicide . 100's of foerigners are taking their own lives in Thailand every year.  But most of them are old men jumping off balconies.  

The big problem in this case is that Thai authorities decided not to report her death to the media. Or was it ever mentioned in local newspapers 2 months ago ?  And this is very unusual , any accidents involving foreigners are reported to media within 24 hours .

So what happened here?   Was it to avoid more negativity about Thailand ? If that's the case they did a big mistake. 

I agree with most of your points. But the unusual factors in these cases is that all the victims have all been young persons, I have not read of any mysterious deaths of over 50s tourists being reported on that island. So it does seem there is something sinister is going on.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I used to think that way but now I`m not so sure, which doesn`t mean to say the headman and his son have no ideas what`s going on.

I suspect that there are young people participating in activities on that island, some form of partying where things have gotten out of hand that may have turned violent. Love to know exactly what goes on at that tantric yoga resort and what other types of activities these tourists participant in on Koh Tao?

It is known as "Coke Tao" in my locale. Not without reason, I suspect...

Whatever the truth behind all these deaths...one day someone is going to write a movie script to tie all these stories together and it will be a scary movie.  Need to send in a team of people undercover to ferret out the truth here. It has conflict, it has a need for justice, it has corruption, good vs evil.....Send in Reacher to clean up Koh Toh.

May all these people who have died rest in peace and the truth be found and may this be the last tragedy on that island that deserves a better story.

29 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I have not read of any mysterious deaths of over 50s tourists being reported on that island

I would be surprised if you'll find any backpackers over the age of 50 . I would think 95% of the travellers are young people.  So if anything happens whether it's a suicide, drowning , or any accidents it will involve young people. 

9 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Of course cover up..of course CORRUPT POLICE FORCE..OF COURSE INEPT INVESTIGATORS Of Course Mafia Island supported by the corrupt cops.

Of course we must publicise it.?

You forgot corrupt media for pretending it never happened.

57 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I agree with most of your points. But the unusual factors in these cases is that all the victims have all been young persons, I have not read of any mysterious deaths of over 50s tourists being reported on that island. So it does seem there is something sinister is going on.

50+ tourists could be more cautious and less gullible?

50+ tourists perhaps do not go to this island as they did not find it on google maps?

50+ tourists have bodies and/or dynamics that do not attract the local sex gurus?

50+ tourists have purchased their condos or pool villas and thus do not cater to highly inflammable guesthouses?

50+ tourists are too stingy to pawn their cash to some religious cult?

50+ tourists perhaps prefer high rise condos in Pattaya to commit "suicide?"

50+ tourists, so hansum,  prefer young busty cutie healthy Thai girls and do not mix in places with farang ladies?

50+ tourists were too drunk at the moment the serial killer(s)  tried to artificially hang them on a coconut tree to claim death from excessive coconut fall on their heads??

3 hours ago, Tom Cahill said:

Excellent points.  Excellent points I'd've missed without you having so cleverly pointed them out.  Do you think that the fire and missing luggage were things to cover up a crime;  i.e. rape or maybe robbery/theft,  or maybe both?  They do like to burn tires for no reason aside washing being hung up,  so this fire starting where only tourists could have started it sounds a bit far fetched in a tropical climbate where any fire can easily be put out and would be faily well a non-event.

I have no idea what happened, how the fire started (if there was a fire), why her luggage went missing (if that is the case), why she checked in at another bungalow resort at the other side of the island (if she did that), why her name was crossed out and replaced by a fake name  at the check-in desk (if that is what happened)  or why she hung herself afterwards (if that is true).

What I do know, she is good looking, she is young and she is a farang chick on her own. What does that mean? Well the testosterone of the 'family' studs like these three ingredients, mix them together with some KO drops and you have the prefect cocktail recipe for disaster. Any men getting in their way will take a dive on a rock or a deep dive without oxygen. 

What strikes me however, is Mr. Steve saying the other day there are no suspicious deaths on KT without even mentioning this case, although he was perfectly in the know according to the Samui Times. So Mr. Steve is either a serial killer himself, or he is in on the party? I suspect the latter. 

Welcome to the land of smiles!

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now hang on a minute, how can you jump to such a conclusion so quickly, just be patient, now that the case has been reopened they will have find new evidence, and go out and get another unsuspecting Burmese and charge him with murder to cover up the real culprit, no doubt in the force of a son or a nephew of the cop, MAFIA written all over it.

Time the top brass sent in high ranking people to investigate and transfer the entire force out of their and on the main land until a thorough investigation is completed, hopefully with a finding that it was murder, and not by the hands of another unsuspecting Burmese or other. 

There's NO hope of the PM waving his hand, and demanding accurate investigations,, From day ONE, the former head policeman on the island stated in so many words, they HAD a suspect in mind as to who was responsible for the 2 beach murders,, within 2 days, he was sacked, and a new Head policemen was in place, who would, "tow the party line",, and had the 2 Burmese boys in custody,,,, So ANY hope of someone higher up demanding accurate police work be done,, is zero,,, 

2 hours ago, baboon said:

It is known as "Coke Tao" in my locale. Not without reason, I suspect...

Right. Many young people go there to party, that involves drink, drugs and getting laid. Who knows exactly what really goes on at those events and how heavy they can get? That can have dire consequences when things get out of control. It is well known that young women, either drunk, drugged up or both have been raped at full moon parties and there has been several deaths of young participants at those events over the years. My guess is more have met sticky ends at full moon parties then on Koh Tao, probably many go unreported in the news.

It is possible that the Belgium girl used another name knowing she was going to Koh Tao for some high partying and not wanting her family to know and worry and maybe even trying to hide her activities from her friends. If not died no one would had been the wiser and I wonder how many more have and are doing the same? A sneaky visit into Koh Tao and then on their merry ways.

The lure of the partying atmosphere on Koh Tao can be overwhelming to young people including the full moon parties where young people are vulnerable to drink, drugs, being raped, exposed to rapists and drug fuelled sadistic murderers and of course murdered, yet the Thai authorities and the big shots will not terminate these events because there is too much money involved and will try to cover up rather than kill the golden goose. I think it really is that simple

Does anyone have a clue where her missing mobile is???
According to her mother it is missing. It wasn't returned with her belongings.

Ahh. I think it will be probably found near some cabins where Burmese are living.

5 hours ago, balo said:

100's of foerigners are taking their own lives in Thailand every year.  But most of them are old men jumping off balconies.  

<deleted> get a grip and don't over exaggerate, you are like a shrinking violet. I'm going back and reporting your comment to admins.  

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now hang on a minute, how can you jump to such a conclusion so quickly, just be patient, now that the case has been reopened they will have find new evidence, and go out and get another unsuspecting Burmese and charge him with murder to cover up the real culprit, no doubt in the force of a son or a nephew of the cop, MAFIA written all over it.

Time the top brass sent in high ranking people to investigate and transfer the entire force out of their and on the main land until a thorough investigation is completed, hopefully with a finding that it was murder, and not by the hands of another unsuspecting Burmese or other. 

It may be time , but what on earth makes you think the top brass wish to rock the boat ?

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

The body has been cremated and you can bet that the "crime" scene was never properly preserved nor thoroughly examined.

One would have thought that, with all the recent incidents, every death of a foreigner on this island would be put under the microscope by the local and national police  - seems not.

No lessons have been learned from previous suspicious deaths.

Not true , they have learned its best to hide or burn the bodies now.

10 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

Exactly so. What a piece of work he is. In cahoots with the whole rotten system.

Yep a scumbag who puts cash before even a semblance of morality. I said as much to him on facebook last week , a small thing perhaps but at least I felt I had done something.

Obviously something is seriously amiss on this island.

The families of influence or power have got a little out of control, doing as they please without redress.

The police have obviously been bought off and are in the back pockets of the elite.

Both serving each others dirty little needs, even to the point of covering up murders, convicting innocent people or just fabricating evidence or investigations to appease the press.

Prime minister should step in and do something to get the island back into order before another poor soul is lost in mysterious circumstances and the case is closed with a suicide verdict !

11 hours ago, Elfin said:

This has just been reported in Khao Sod News by a German reporter:

When a reporter reached out to Koh Tao police on Wednesday, two officers denied knowledge of the tourist’s death.

“I don’t remember any Belgians,” Lt. Col. Napha Senathip said.

Another officer said he had not seen any case with the name Elise Dallemagne and added that police do not always open investigations into foreigners’ deaths on the island. He also accused the media of portraying Koh Tao in a negative light.

“Sometimes, people just die on Koh Tao without [an investigation], because sometimes people just die,” Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek said. “That said, the media should stop portraying Koh Tao as an ‘Island of Death,’ because that’s unethical journalism.”

Negative light?? Unethical Journalism?? Don't remember any Belgians?? Deny deny deny..................

More interesting insights from Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek: 

He surprisingly asserted to the Bangkok Post that “I informed her mother of the autopsy results and that she had committed suicide and her mother seemed to accept that. Her mother told me her daughter had attempted suicide once before. Her mother also said her daughter spent years in India and was an active member of an Indian sect. She suspects a link between the death of her daughter and this sect.”

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/months-old-case-belgian-woman-dead-koh-tao-goes-viral-overnight/

Well, I've read the BKK Post article and there is no mention that Ms. Dallemagne had attempted suicide once before!

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

I would bet, if say 1 million Baht reward was offered for info or proof of the cause of death, the case would be solved rather quickly. 

Exactly my thoughts and your post beat me to it . However I think the reward would have to be increased and maybe substantially as the grass will probably come from a close friend/s  . Accusations are not enough , even if made by several people , has to be some tangible evidence unless there are independent witnesses ? not sure on that . I also agree with the attached post by Adeeos

Adeeos

•  
  • Adeeos
  • Advanced Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

There's NO hope of the PM waving his hand, and demanding accurate investigations,, From day ONE, the former head policeman on the island stated in so many words, they HAD a suspect in mind as to who was responsible for the 2 beach murders,, within 2 days, he was sacked, and a new Head policemen was in place, who would, "tow the party line",, and had the 2 Burmese boys in custody,,,, So ANY hope of someone higher up demanding accurate police work be done,, is zero,,, 

Sad to say that the mother is going to have a wasted trip, but as a parent I also would try. The autopsy has been done and the body cremated. Nobody is going to change their story now.

Condolences to you madam.

Man, what's going on there? There has to be a powerful person or small group of people behind this. Maybe there's a death/murder club. Way too many unsolved mysterious deaths for it to be a coincidence.

Some people are saying that it is understandble the amount of deaths because of drugs, alcohol and party vibe of Ko Tao.

Now Ko Pgnan gnan has been a famous party with a much bigger reputation for all of the above which i have witnessed twice and yet the death toll cant match up to Tao in such a short space of time.

Archived