BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

howard ashoul

What kind of hobbies can you have in Thailand?

Bicycling is quite popular in this area. someone in power much be a big fan because they are building a paved bicycle path between Loei city and Wang Saphung along side highway 201. That's about 20 kilometers. A waste of money as far as I am concerned but someone must have thought it was a good idea.

4 hours ago, Gary A said:

Bicycling is quite popular in this area. someone in power much be a big fan because they are building a paved bicycle path between Loei city and Wang Saphung along side highway 201. That's about 20 kilometers. A waste of money as far as I am concerned but someone must have thought it was a good idea.

That's the thing about kickbacks.  Ya gotta build something, or it's just plain embezzlement.  And that's too obvious...

What hobbies did you have back home? Pretty sure unless it is something like fixing up vintage Euro cars or snow boarding you should be able to do it here (to be fair Isaan could could put up more barriers than other regions.) 

14 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

What hobbies did you have back home? Pretty sure unless it is something like fixing up vintage Euro cars or snow boarding you should be able to do it here (to be fair Isaan could could put up more barriers than other regions.) 

I didn't have any hobbies at home. I was too busy working. Why would Isaan have barriers? I have many more things to do here than in a city.

You can always try reading every topic on TVF 555

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I thought the idea of hobbies was to IMPROVE the quality of our lives...

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

OMG , topics  on TVF , what a slow boring  death ,

Buy a  Kindle  or two,  get a new life ,  boredom in  LOS .?? 

Learn the language as a hobby

Go to the fitness/gym center

Read up on the history of Thailand

Volunteer at something

Write a journal or blog it

Come TV and express thy self

Travel a bit in Thailand

See the major provinces

Become an expert on the food

Take a Thai cooking class

Hit the Expat spots and activities....

What ever suits your fancy

Enjoy  enjoy and be safe

I keep fit by running away from the above participants.[emoji125]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Laza 45 said:

...I had heard that but when I just checked there were quite a few links for a download..  a shame it is no longer available.. I've been using it for years..  I wonder if there is a way to get a copy?  No security issues as far as I know.. it was created by Google.. I believe they have just discontinued it.. lol..

A google search shows quite a few free photo editing programs.. GIMP, Pixlar & Photoscape to name a few.... I have't used them but they get good reviews.. worth a try..

http://picasa.google.com/

Moving on from Picasa

We’ve decided to retire Picasa in order to focus on a single photo service in Google Photos – a new, smarter photo app that works seamlessly across mobile and the web.

7 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

http://picasa.google.com/

Moving on from Picasa

We’ve decided to retire Picasa in order to focus on a single photo service in Google Photos – a new, smarter photo app that works seamlessly across mobile and the web.

Thank you..

10 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Thank you..

You're welcome.  Loads of other free photo editing tools out there via a google search too.  I am sure you'll locate one that woks for you. Good luck in your search; I am looking forward to seeing your photos. 

I wanted to learn about tantric sex as a hobby. Apparently you can then make love for hours and hours -  but I don't have that sort of money laying around.

Over the years there have been a few threads about r/c aircraft.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:42 AM, howard ashoul said:

What is "horning"?

Don't know what's going on today, but you are third guy on ThaiVisa today, who used some word, that I can't make sense of even using dictionary or Google.

seems you didnt try that hard

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=to+horn+in+meaning&oq=to+horn+in+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.6030j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Horning, not Horn In.

Horning is to cheat on your spouse.

Page 1 of Google "what is horning"

https://akalol.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/horning-for-dummies/