Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 February 2019 06:00
howard ashoul

What kind of hobbies can you have in Thailand?

Recommended Posts

Kite flying. Great fun when its windy. Doesn't matter if you're young or old , bring them up in the air and enjoy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i add my day full, elektronic hobby projects, arduino elektronic board and code this,buy chinese cheap shop at internet all elektric sensors and parts ,components, 3D printer have eweryday lot work, need made parts many place at home, hobby tools, home parts, many, all my home door and warddropes handles i made at home, many kitchen parts,bathroom lot parts, etc. and save money this too lot made all in home DIY. before i climping mountain, now no can,too old and footh no good, gears have again but not used some year,

 

bikers, drive around thailand many many time at big motorbike, but now not can, now have bike i sell it, diving but no longtime can, i live whit wife at north thailand,

 

but anyway, elektronic,mechanic work,welding,building somethink,code,3Dprinter,build new printer, build big CNC machine, build vinyl sticker cutter, if someday have money build laser cutting machine too. new hobby have airsoft gun and shooting to target, made and build different targets, funny,

before try learn thai many year but 2-5 year try and not newer can understand i end this, waste only time,

same than sitting in bar ewery day and drink lot beer have most stupid waste time what have.

 

i has made, egg incupator my wife, mushroom room controller light,temp,moisture, plantage controller, PH,EC,moisture,temp,watering,pump controller,fertilice automat controller too,welding all cupboards,warddropes,roof,toolls, bending machine,worktables,selfs,bed frame,lathe,drill press,arbor press,etc,etc, dream have build someday real good motorbike american chopper, style OCC bikes. 

And new hobby have airsoft, and learn now leather stitching and carwing work, woodworking if can buy all tools first ready. time go lot too internet learn new thinks and buy tools and parts were found.

 

glassfiber epoxy need,aluminium sheet 10mm thin need but no has found anywere.

gun holster kydex need, leather need, vape parts need sometime , taste liguids, acryl and other plastic sheet no have anywere, many project but only 90% ready because not found some material anywere. here have time and area made what want and like, proplem have lot were found material and money more can build more, haha. 5555.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the fun and interesting post.  You sound like someone who could teach all the bitchers and moaners on Thai Visa how to get more out of their lives.  

 

On the parts and materials you need is money an issue?  I'm sure you could find most everything you need in the U.S. if you can afford the shipping.  I've found a great many things at Amazon, have you shopped there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes good to hear stories about people trying to do interesting stuff and be busy all day , instead of the observations I make here in Pattaya , expats sitting on the bar stool all day and night. Drinking booze and playing with girls is a hobby too I guess, but is a very expensive hobby . 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best Hobby is to come to the self realization you are living in a cultureless void - from then on your hobby is to find somewhere to live that can offer a meaningful variety of activities together with the chance of intellectual stimulation.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, finnishmen said:

i add my day full, elektronic hobby projects, arduino elektronic board and code this,buy chinese cheap shop at internet all elektric sensors and parts ,components, 3D printer have eweryday lot work, need made parts many place at home, hobby tools, home parts, many, all my home door and warddropes handles i made at home, many kitchen parts,bathroom lot parts, etc. and save money this too lot made all in home DIY. before i climping mountain, now no can,too old and footh no good, gears have again but not used some year,

 

bikers, drive around thailand many many time at big motorbike, but now not can, now have bike i sell it, diving but no longtime can, i live whit wife at north thailand,

 

but anyway, elektronic,mechanic work,welding,building somethink,code,3Dprinter,build new printer, build big CNC machine, build vinyl sticker cutter, if someday have money build laser cutting machine too. new hobby have airsoft gun and shooting to target, made and build different targets, funny,

before try learn thai many year but 2-5 year try and not newer can understand i end this, waste only time,

same than sitting in bar ewery day and drink lot beer have most stupid waste time what have.

 

i has made, egg incupator my wife, mushroom room controller light,temp,moisture, plantage controller, PH,EC,moisture,temp,watering,pump controller,fertilice automat controller too,welding all cupboards,warddropes,roof,toolls, bending machine,worktables,selfs,bed frame,lathe,drill press,arbor press,etc,etc, dream have build someday real good motorbike american chopper, style OCC bikes. 

And new hobby have airsoft, and learn now leather stitching and carwing work, woodworking if can buy all tools first ready. time go lot too internet learn new thinks and buy tools and parts were found.

 

glassfiber epoxy need,aluminium sheet 10mm thin need but no has found anywere.

gun holster kydex need, leather need, vape parts need sometime , taste liguids, acryl and other plastic sheet no have anywere, many project but only 90% ready because not found some material anywere. here have time and area made what want and like, proplem have lot were found material and money more can build more, haha. 5555.

You are so busy and sound happy but how did you find the time to write your post ? ?  . Stay happy and good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Search for local Sports complexes.

 

Many are government owned and offer swimming, tennis, badminton, cycling tracks, all free of charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

The best Hobby is to come to the self realization you are living in a cultureless void

Only when I'm logged on here -- but I can always practice on Photoshop:

imageproxy.gif.053f861c52fa7acf6dffaea1df209add.gif

slinky4.bmp

Edited by JLCrab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Computer gaming.

Gardening.

Cooking.

DIY.

Reading/writing.

Learning more Thai.

Fishing.

Tasting bottles of Leo to see if they alll taste the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 4:59 AM, superal said:

You are so busy and sound happy but how did you find the time to write your post ? ?  . Stay happy and good luck

555 have sometime time lot because wait parts what has orden or try found parts somewere shop and only weekend have time go to city shopping, and sometime need relax too not alltime can working onl'y. take time whit wife, build somethink new to wife or house, relax go travell trip hotell and swimmi9ng etc. or only stay bed and keep lazy day read book asnd looking net. 555 have many what can do, NO newer idiot and sitting in bar all day and night and drink beer. idiots work sitting bar alltime.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take part in a business game based on running an airline. Nice and complicated, and very cheap. Doesn't need a fast connection internet connection. Many German, Brits, Americans and many others take part. Made quite a few 'virtual friends' over the years from many countries.

 

I knew a guy who had a model railway. Built his own miniture Thai houses. The only problem he had was keeping the track from rusting. Plenty of outlets in Bangkok but as they are imports from Japan and Europe a bit expensive.

 

R/C aircraft does seem to be popular in Isaan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a cheap electric guitar so I've been learning that and murdering blues-rock songs. 

Started an internet business which kills an hour every day.

Put together a small gym at home and bought a mountain bike.

Learning basic mechanics so I can work on my car. I'm slowly fixing up and modifying an old chevy pickup. 

Edited by akirasan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...