Hanoi supermarket Hoan Kiem area

headin' over to Hanoi soon and will be staying in the Old Town area and want to find a place where I can get drinks, mixers and snacks to take back to the hotel...I don't get around as well as I useta and would appreciate any recent info about local supermarkets, convenience stores, etc...useta be the best places were the mom&pop shops but there's not likely to be any in that neighborhood...

thanks in advance...

thanks, UG...when I lived there 7 years ago I was in a serviced apartment in Tay Ho which is a ways from downtown and it was real convenient, supermarket and small shops with western stuff, good bread, etc...I useta do most of my fresh shopping at the Hang Bey street market in Hoan Siem after work on Saturdays, they always had real nice stuff, nice local avocados, etc...

now I'm returning as a tourist and realize that I don't know nuthin' much about the tourist area...just wanna get drinks, mixers and snacks for me and my son when we go soon and lay around the hotel and not havta walk too far to find 'em...I always preferred that to hangin' out in bars...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

There is one supermarket just off to the side of Hoan Kiem Lake (about 30m  down a side alley). I thought it was called Happro but on google maps it shows up as Intimex Bo Ho Supermarket.

I shopped in it 2 months ago.

yeah...just got back 3 days ago and found the Intimex supermarket the entrance of which is located in the courtyard of an old building on the west side of the Hoam Kiem lake, look for banners outside announcing special offers...good fruit and veg (avocados) about 1/3 of the price of the street sellers but no good cheeses or fresh bread...good liquor and wine selection, 40 proof Vodka Hanoi for 89000dong, juices, mixers, etc...

Hanoi has changed a lot in the past 7 years since I been last...there are 'Circle K' convenience stores everywhere, mostly beer, soft drinks, fags and snacks, no liquor or wine...and no bags of ice...finding ice is a real drag unless you're in a 4 star hotel with room service...mostly havta go around and cage what ye can get from bars and restaurants...

otherwise, as usual Hanoi is a delight...

thanks to all for their info...