Visa application in KL

Hello, I'm  new on this board. Since April 2016 I live with my thai boyfriend on TR-Visa. In 2 weeks I will apply for a NonB Visa in KL.

But there are three questions
1. Is the translation of the degree enough or do they ask for verification? My school does but they say it's enough to do it after the visa run
2. My criminal record is from 2015. Since 2016 I'm in Thailand anyway.... will they ask for a more actual one?

3. I'm still confused about having to show money at the border. I'm going to fly this time. Do they really ask at the airport immigration when you fly? Or do they accept a bank statement from Germany? My school asked for it and so I organised it. In the meantimeI learned asking to show money is illegal

Screenshot_20170628-172331.png

1. No translation is needed if the degree is in English. A certification of it would not be needed.

2. You will need a new background check. They should accept police clearance certificate from the police here. See: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

3. You should not be asked to show the equivalent of at least 20k baht in cash when you enter the country with a non-b visa on entry at the airport.

UJ is correct that we have not heard reports of Immigration asking those entering with Non-B visas to show 20K Baht worth of Cash or Travelers Checks (though we do for Tourist and ED, and even a few Non-O Visa-Holders - so I would carry it always), but...

9 hours ago, AndreaB said:

I learned asking to show money is illegal

... Where did you hear/learn this? 

Edited by JackThompson