Swiss tourist and Thai wife robbed after feeding the dogs

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, berybert said:

Why would you take 2 iphones and 10,000 baht out to feed the dogs. 

To have 10k baht on you, plus your personal use iPhones, doesn't really surprise me that much.... but what I do find curious, is a 10k baht gold ring lying around in a bag

who knows... perhaps she took it off to feed the dogs, for some reason.... curious indeed

One upon a time, far far away, heard of this chap who got fed up with people daily stealing from mini ice box left on the beach while swimming....so filled up the box with scorpions and watched the fun from a distance:cheesy:..

Once upon a time, a bit nearer, heard of another fellow who got fed up with people helping themselves to the drinks left on the table in the club while dancing....so put a strong purgative in the booze and watched the thief run 3 times to the toilet :cheesy:

If your area is infested with bag snatchers, read about this person who got an experienced snake handler, put a baby pit viper in the handbag, covered up with paper and waited to get robbed (handled with extreme caution)....

Of course, all this is just fiction and absolutely never to be done at home obviously!!!:sorry:

Need a work permit to fees the soi dogs? Its the monks job to give the leftovers from morning donations.

There is a lot of thugs around at the moment or just more news perhaps. My wife and i stopped to check google maps yesterday and some crazy idiot with a massive kitchen knife came running out of his house yelling. We ignored it and went down a dead end road and came back. The moron jumped on his bike to chase us. Typicaly a smart person would get out of there but i uturned and headed for him. The idiot fell off his bike and ran in to his house. 

Gota love the yaba kids...

Off subject sorry... Love the dogs but feesig them is not solving the problems. Vaccinate them and give them a home!

Bag snatching can happen to anyone at anytime especially when your busy doing something such as talking on the phone or even feeding stray dogs.  That's what thiefs look for, distracted victims.  Best thing you can do is to be aware of your surroundings and not put yourself in a situation where your an easy target but I'd count them luckier then the student who got stabbed for his iPhone.  

Pattaya isn't known for its safe community so any further generalizations about Thailand, Thainess etc. are just cynical and malicious.

13 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Need a work permit to fees the soi dogs? Its the monks job to give the leftovers from morning donations.

There is a lot of thugs around at the moment or just more news perhaps. My wife and i stopped to check google maps yesterday and some crazy idiot with a massive kitchen knife came running out of his house yelling. We ignored it and went down a dead end road and came back. The moron jumped on his bike to chase us. Typicaly a smart person would get out of there but i uturned and headed for him. The idiot fell off his bike and ran in to his house. 

Gota love the yaba kids...

Off subject sorry... Love the dogs but feesig them is not solving the problems. Vaccinate them and give them a home!

Euthanasia is a better solution along with most of the population perhaps

33 minutes ago, farcanell said:

To have 10k baht on you, plus your personal use iPhones, doesn't really surprise me that much.... but what I do find curious, is a 10k baht gold ring lying around in a bag

who knows... perhaps she took it off to feed the dogs, for some reason.... curious indeed

A normal wedding ring is worth about 10k, it's not very big or heavy. Maybe she's read the stories about how safe hotel 'safe boxes' are.

contained two iPhones, a half baht weight gold ring (worth about 10,000 baht) and a further 10,000 baht in cash.  Why would you want to carry to 2 Iphones and a gold ring in your bag? My Thai wife gets quite unhappy and never carries more that 5000 baht and ATM card, and her gold is securely locked away or on her finger.  The ATM card can be cancelled at any branch and a new one purchased. As she states her days of showing off are gone, its loses her friends and helps her decide who are her friends, and she cares little about what people think her husband and her have. Her bag has changed to a small backpack style which she wear in front.

28 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

A normal wedding ring is worth about 10k, it's not very big or heavy. Maybe she's read the stories about how safe hotel 'safe boxes' are.

Just bought my wife a wedding ring, Baht 50+k. The ring I have on one of my fingers is only gold (no gems) and is worth 20k. 

5 minutes ago, manarak said:

no- that would be in the top 10% of wages.

I said normal not average. Average is more like 200000. For me twice (or x2.5 if you prefer) average is "normal", we would be talking about middle management in a bank.

40 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Lol.... your probably onto something there.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

absolutely, right not the topic....I'll conclude that there are also people who are poor in Switzerland, who barely make US$ 4000,-- a month in a place where the smallest 1 room shack will cost US$ 1000,--/per month not to mention the other issues that you are surely aware as compulsary medical, at US$ 450,--, a simple pizza for US$ 20,--  and so on....the streets are not paved with gold in Switzerland, and if a privileged few enjoy high scale salaries, poverty and crime are increasing in the swiss metropoles, just as over burdening taxes. .. let's get back to topic now...

Right, I hate soi dogs and the idiots who feed them. I think they should be removed (the dogs), in the most humane manner possible. For while I thought castration was the way, but I am getting too old to run behind dogs with two bricks, and I could also hurt my thumbs.

Just now, Momofarang said:

Right, I hate soi dogs and the idiots who feed them. I think they should be removed (the dogs), in the most humane manner possible. For while I thought castration was the way, but I am getting too old to run behind dogs with two bricks, and I could also hurt my thumbs.

Yes...at one point, as said previously, castration campaigns would be necessary and further on, more radical methods of eradication that will highly upset animal lovers like myself....but are a necessity in general public interest. But cultural or religious issues could put a breach on such actions.

As for those who feed stray animals, it's a bit like the old ladies in european metros, feeding the pigeons who create havoc on infrastructure.

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

As for those who feed stray animals, it's a bit like the old ladies in european metros, feeding the pigeons who create havoc on infrastructure.

But no bodily harm...

I just don't understand why people take a 1 Baht gold necklace out and put it in a bag and carry 10.000 baht in cash and need 2 phones with them to go and feed some dogs Please explain - no sympathy for this stupidity in a place like Pattaya where this activity happens daily

1 minute ago, JGV said:

I just don't understand why people take a 1 Baht gold necklace out and put it in a bag and carry 10.000 baht in cash and need 2 phones with them to go and feed some dogs Please explain - no sympathy for this stupidity in a place like Pattaya where this activity happens daily

rich people my friend....it's tea money!:partytime2:......if you have a point on being cautious, you seem a bit harsh nevertheless...

Archived