Swiss tourist and Thai wife robbed after feeding the dogs

webfact

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Thieves on Bike, they always come as pair. I suppose Police and locals know them, but they don't dare to prosecute, because they are afraid of revenge.

They snatch chains from Russian Tourists. Hope Police check the camera around and arrest. Pattaya has become lucrative business place for Police.

Very few news coming to media. There are minute by minute crimes there.

"Pattaya has become lucrative business place for Police", -  do you mean to say the police has a share of the loot?  I wouldn't be surprise if that is the case. I guess it happens in many countries not only Thailand.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see now....when driving about on your motorcycle.

Always have to look out for pedestrians suddenly crossing the road where they should not be at any given second and anywhere

Always have to watch out for Thai drivers doing any number of wild and shocking driving maneuvers all around you and way to numerous to list here.

Always have to be looking for police officers trying to pull you over and extort money from you.

Always have to avoid stray dogs as they often chase you down trying to bite you while they may have rabies.

And now, whenever driving around on a motor bike you have to continually and always be expecting /anticipating to be robbed so you have to watch everyone, and their dog, very closely while everyone is suspect of being a robber.

Lots of great holiday memories...lol

Cheers

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems this sort of target robbery by thief or thieves using motor cycles / scooters is becoming very common. See a lot of reports in UK about this now too.

Everyone just has to be more careful; and at a time when many countries take measures to prevent their citizens protecting themselves.

Invented in Italy some time ago. Been happening in Rome since year dot.

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Cautionary tale for those who say that having a heavy duty strap to hold onto your bag is a good idea.

Nothing I carry with me is worth getting pulled off a moving scooter for.  Or getting dragged down the road by a snatch thief on a scooter.

This could have been worse for the victims.  A lot worse.

Duly noted

Yeah...right. Out feeding soi dogs with many hundreds of dollars of gold in your hand bag. If you're that stupid - because by basic logic you've let at least one person know what you're doing because the chance of this being random is zero - you're an idiot and you deserve it. Thank yourselves you're physically unharmed.

Thailand has a massive problem with stray dogs etc -  the last thing anyone needs is " do gooders " going out to feed them !!

there wer 70 dogs at Ban Amphur beach last year, causing major problems, and some german fool kept feeding the bloody things.

i am sure it is actually illegal in some areas . 

10 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Yeah...right. Out feeding soi dogs with many hundreds of dollars of gold in your hand bag. If you're that stupid - because by basic logic you've let at least one person know what you're doing because the chance of this being random is zero - you're an idiot and you deserve it. Thank yourselves you're physically unharmed.

You may seem a bit harsh on the victims..IMHO..

On looking at the picture, perhaps the guy, who is a big guy, was perhaps never used in being picked at,  bullied or whatever thought his build would keep him safe??...

Well as the maxim says - "mighty might is no match for a nimble brain"....

Hope their stuff is recovered thanks to the top level efficiency and professionalism of the local Police (ahem!)

"Pattaya has become lucrative business place for Police", -  do you mean to say the police has a share of the loot?  I wouldn't be surprise if that is the case. I guess it happens in many countries not only Thailand.

Haha a crime of opportunity, spur of the moment will NOT be shared with the bib

Dealing a cheap bag of Ganga and then setting up the buyers with the bib is a a big payday and that's a different ball game

1 hour ago, madusa said:

I may consider chances are higher in contracting a STD (or worse) :passifier: in Pattaya, rather then getting mugged!!?...just a thought...:sorry:

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Cautionary tale for those who say that having a heavy duty strap to hold onto your bag is a good idea.

Nothing I carry with me is worth getting pulled off a moving scooter for.  Or getting dragged down the road by a snatch thief on a scooter.

This could have been worse for the victims.  A lot worse.

And the dogs of course, had it happened on the way to feed the dogs

11 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Feeding the soi dogs was a good thing you both were doing...You have good hearts!

Check out;    Thailand Temple Dogs & Cats  (on fb).

I wonder if that young girl in Hue Hin, who was viciously attacked by a pack of soi dogs would agree with you. If they had a good heart, why did't they take the dogs home with them, house them and feed them, thus ensuring the dogs were safe as well as the local people.

5 hours ago, berybert said:

Why would you take 2 iphones and 10,000 baht out to feed the dogs. 

She may have been carrying his cell phone too, or she has two--one for hubby and one for bf--and not everyone goes out with little cash; it's only $300. I normally carry more than B10k; never know when you get an urge to shop.

4 hours ago, farcanell said:

To have 10k baht on you, plus your personal use iPhones, doesn't really surprise me that much.... but what I do find curious, is a 10k baht gold ring lying around in a bag

who knows... perhaps she took it off to feed the dogs, for some reason.... curious indeed

She may have taken-off the ring and stashed it in her purse as a precaution.

4 hours ago, phetpeter said:

contained two iPhones, a half baht weight gold ring (worth about 10,000 baht) and a further 10,000 baht in cash.  Why would you want to carry to 2 Iphones and a gold ring in your bag? My Thai wife gets quite unhappy and never carries more that 5000 baht and ATM card, and her gold is securely locked away or on her finger.  The ATM card can be cancelled at any branch and a new one purchased. As she states her days of showing off are gone, its loses her friends and helps her decide who are her friends, and she cares little about what people think her husband and her have. Her bag has changed to a small backpack style which she wear in front.

Some people feel more comfortable with cash; I do. I was shot in the head one night by a mugger who demanded money and I told him I didn't have any--I didn't.

26 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Gee, I never knew I was rich--I normally carry more cash and gold than that and have for more then 50 years in SEA.

well if you have to much of it, you could always distribute some of it to the soi dogs!:cheesy:

27 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

if 10'000 THB loose cash is not that much to you, it means you are rich...as I said thus in my previous post, rich people...but obviously you are the commander in chief of the Preference Patrol, that you cite, so I won't argue!!:cheesy:

Sorry, but B10k is only $300. If that makes you rich in your mind, then so be it.  I am not saying you or anyone else should not go out with so little money; that is your choice.  I am saying I rarely go out with less. I spend B10k many nights just partying.

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

I bet you wouldn't say that to their face, little man

I would and have, not to them but others that I've seen feeding soi dogs. People think they are doing good but in reality they are just adding to the problem of there being too many stray dogs loose on the streets attacking people. More food = more puppies.

If you love dogs adopt one or take some to a shelter for sterilization. Don't JUST feed them and walk away.

53 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I would and have, not to them but others that I've seen feeding soi dogs. People think they are doing good but in reality they are just adding to the problem of there being too many stray dogs loose on the streets attacking people. More food = more puppies.

If you love dogs adopt one or take some to a shelter for sterilization. Don't JUST feed them and walk away.

So True  Sometimes you got to be cruel to be kind but feeding them one time wont help them survive It needs to be controlled

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I may consider chances are higher in contracting a STD (or worse) :passifier: in Pattaya, rather then getting mugged!!?...just a thought...:sorry:

Yes, of course. My ex-gf kept asking me not to use the condom she said using condom is no fun. That's how many thai ladies got STD and don't know about it because for ladies the STD could not easily be seen it is on the inside. Whereas for men it is easier to see. A good example is Chlamydia. If men got it, the penis swell up and puffy. For ladies it is inside the vagina and you don't see so you go around passing it to others.

So chances of getting STD is much higher than getting rob no doubt about it.

13 hours ago, Foozool said:

This happened when you are too much worry about soy dogs. ?

This happens any time you our waking on the streets of Thailand or just setting outside a coffee shop...Any country you go to now a days, you will see this shit happening all over.

Archived