Swiss tourist and Thai wife robbed after feeding the dogs

webfact

21 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

This happens any time you our waking on the streets of Thailand or just setting outside a coffee shop...Any country you go to now a days, you will see this shit happening all over.

I sold my gold necklace because of this ? happening more recently. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2017 at 6:41 AM, gemguy said:

Lets see now....when driving about on your motorcycle.

Always have to look out for pedestrians suddenly crossing the road where they should not be at any given second and anywhere

Always have to watch out for Thai drivers doing any number of wild and shocking driving maneuvers all around you and way to numerous to list here.

Always have to be looking for police officers trying to pull you over and extort money from you.

Always have to avoid stray dogs as they often chase you down trying to bite you while they may have rabies.

And now, whenever driving around on a motor bike you have to continually and always be expecting /anticipating to be robbed so you have to watch everyone, and their dog, very closely while everyone is suspect of being a robber.

Lots of great holiday memories...lol

Cheers

Sounds like a relaxing "vacation". Where do I sign?

I wear the typical satchel that most people carry in Thailand, but very close to my midsection, and always with my hand or arm on it. I'm fully prepared to yank one of these <deleted> off their scooter if I see a hand coming, and immediately kick the living shit out of him, then move on as if nothing happened. Or I might just pepper spray him about the face and, yes, genitals, soak his pants good. That would hurt. Ditch the pepper spray and move on. But the legality of pepper spray is debateable to law enforcement, I had one run in over that which cost me a few baht to settle. . But, I don't look like an easy target, and it probably won't happen. Too bad most people like these folks don't adequately prepare for such things

On 7/4/2017 at 1:01 PM, Baerboxer said:

It seems this sort of target robbery by thief or thieves using motor cycles / scooters is becoming very common. See a lot of reports in UK about this now too.

Everyone just has to be more careful; and at a time when many countries take measures to prevent their citizens protecting themselves.

Its going on a long time in Pattaya .Happened me 10 years ago .Was taking a Thai girl to the bus station on my bike .They ,2 young Thai guys got her bag .I was lucky not to loose control ,and we did nearly crash .It was around mid day .You don't expect such things in broad day light . 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:21 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

I wear the typical satchel that most people carry in Thailand, but very close to my midsection, and always with my hand or arm on it. I'm fully prepared to yank one of these <deleted> off their scooter if I see a hand coming, and immediately kick the living shit out of him, then move on as if nothing happened. Or I might just pepper spray him about the face and, yes, genitals, soak his pants good. That would hurt. Ditch the pepper spray and move on. But the legality of pepper spray is debateable to law enforcement, I had one run in over that which cost me a few baht to settle. . But, I don't look like an easy target, and it probably won't happen. Too bad most people like these folks don't adequately prepare for such things

>>Too bad most people like these folks don't adequately prepare for such things<<

They take you by surprise that's the problem .In my case i was concentrating on the traffic ahead .Since then ,if my wife has a bag i tell her to put it under the seat ,or if too big down in the bay area in front where it can not easily be grabbed .

this $hit happens or happening now(more than ever) all over the world.

it's just there are too many of us everywhere!

Cities are too overcrowded and everybody is on top of one another.

not enough resources or jobs to go around.

Stray dogs are everywhere,running hungry, desperate and willing to  resort to capital crime even!

this is the point where societies "crack" and morality or religion means jack.

next generation of criminals will be even tougher and I feel sorry for the newly born babies who will make up the next generation of victims

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 7:28 PM, anto said:

Its going on a long time in Pattaya .Happened me 10 years ago .Was taking a Thai girl to the bus station on my bike .They ,2 young Thai guys got her bag .I was lucky not to loose control ,and we did nearly crash .It was around mid day .You don't expect such things in broad day light . 

2006 early afternoon about 3pm on 2nd road near P.Klang rd riding my mbike without helmet, two guys on mbike approached from behind and snatched my cheap stainless chain causing me lose balance for a moment but luckily I gained back control.

On 05/07/2017 at 5:21 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

John you needs to ease up dude unless you wanna try Hosp/Prison grub here .. As self satisfying as the idea may be to give any potential robbers a hearty kicking after you've dragged him off his bike the reality is a lot different .. As has been debated here before on numerous occasion's Thai's rarely get into a scrap unless the odds are in their favour .. And do you think other Thai's in the vicinty are gonna stand by whilst you give one of their fellow countrymen a tuning .. And what if someone has a knife .?  Are you willing to risk serious injury or death being stabbed up in order to save a bag .. You've already answered you're own question about the legality of carrying a weapon yourself .. In short Don't .. Sure take all precautions you can to reduce you're attractiveness to tea-leaves but forget the idea of the vigilante figure it will put you in greater peril .. 

On 7/4/2017 at 8:48 AM, doggie1955 said:

Feeding the soi dogs was a good thing you both were doing...You have good hearts!

Check out;    Thailand Temple Dogs & Cats  (on fb).

No, it was a stupid anti social thing that will lead to more dogs and more suffering. These people and those like them are irresponsible idiots who think they are doing good but who just help perpetuate one of the biggest problems in the country- millions of stray dogs.

Archived