"Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month

webfact

On 10/07/2017 at 6:05 PM, newnative said:

You ask how the hell did they (the developers) think they could get away with it?  Assuming they did anything wrong in the first place?  Maybe because they saw other projects 'getting away' with questionable practices.  I can tell you of a new project recently finished that covered over part of their swimming pool and the concrete around the pool with a cover of fake grass when the authorities came to measure the 'green space' on the finished project.  They were short on the green space that had been required for construction approval so that was their solution.  Once the measuring was done and the officials had left, the plan was to remove the cover.   But, the residents are still left with less green space than the EIA had required.  Another condo has put some trees and grass on the condo's roof to meet  its 'green space' requirements--even though the residents aren't normally allowed on the roof.   Several projects have possibly  been built too close to the ocean if you do a strict interpretation of the rules  but the developers apparently had the muscle to get the projects approved.   Likely there are other questionable practices that have been done regarding things like parking space requirements.  TIT.

And Italy, Spain, Russia, Serbia USA etcetc . This issue is not unique to Thailand.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 10:54 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Well iets easy to always be negative but looking at the photo they made a decent size pool..

ohh wait or is that the new park? What a joke!

parks that look like pools,boys who look like girls ,criminals who look like police, mud that

looks like sea..what else is new in pats!

On 1/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, pattayadude said:

parks that look like pools,boys who look like girls ,criminals who look like police, mud that

looks like sea.

reminds me of that "Blur" song    girls and boys

"Street's like a jungle.

So call the police.

Following the herd.

Down to Pattaya.

On holiday.

Love in the 20's is paranoid.

On sunny beaches

Take your chances

Looking for

Girls who are boys

Who like boys to be girls

Who do boys like they're girls

Who do girls like they're boys

Always should be someone you really love"    etc

On 1/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

The only "development" I want to see on that monstrosity is downwards, all the way to the ground.

who wants to bet. i say it will take more than 10 years to resolve this mess. And even  then, only to be  resold to another developer or the current one under a different name. and why? because of its location...value...and because it's a cash cow and every administration will want to get some milk out of  it until the cow  can't give any more. By 2028, it will be in market for whoever wants to pick up the pieces, maybe knock down 5-10 floors and the "hotel wing" too(maybe, but I doubt) and it will be "business as usual" once again!..

21 hours ago, pattayadude said:

who wants to bet. i say it will take more than 10 years to resolve this mess. And even  then, only to be  resold to another developer or the current one under a different name. and why? because of its location...value...and because it's a cash cow and every administration will want to get some milk out of  it until the cow  can't give any more. By 2028, it will be in market for whoever wants to pick up the pieces, maybe knock down 5-10 floors and the "hotel wing" too(maybe, but I doubt) and it will be "business as usual" once again!..

If they hadn't blocked the view point it would have been open and occupied years ago. Serves them right for being too greedy. Unfortunately, city hall won't move in and reduce the height for them ( with a big bill ) so the view point was in business again.

23 hours ago, pattayadude said:

Oh no! The crane perched on the roof will never last another 10 years  

21 hours ago, midas said:

Oh no! The crane perched on the roof will never last another 10 years  

it's unbelievable how ignorant the City Hall is, allowing that rusty crane up there for so long.Even after a crane accident a few years back during construction(if my memory serves me well)

To the thousands of tourists visiting a day, local and foreign, this monstrosity  is a constant reminder and a statue(!) of ignorance,absurdity and shame!

On 10/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, pattayadude said:

it's unbelievable how ignorant the City Hall is, allowing that rusty crane up there for so long.Even after a crane accident a few years back during construction(if my memory serves me well)

To the thousands of tourists visiting a day, local and foreign, this monstrosity  is a constant reminder and a statue(!) of ignorance,absurdity and shame!

I remember when they were building the "Jomtien Thani" construction stopped for years before restarting I was so amazed that the old crane would ever work again.

As for the Waterfront they should tell the developers to have the building, cranes and any other temporary structures inspected for safety and have a multi billion Bhat indemnity by a 3rd party or rip it down. 

On 10/29/2017 at 7:36 PM, CRUNCHER said:

Waterfront should be finished or demolished.  If the latter who is going to do it and who is going to pay. This will be difficult and cost a fortune.  City Hall have problems demolishing a small hotel in Soi VC!!  If not finished the carcass will be there in 20 years, right next to the "PATTAYA" sign.

I would bet (if it wasn't against the law here) that the monstrous tower will be standing there in 20 years, and in 30 years.

It's going to become symbol of Pattaya, hated by locals when built, but universally recognized loved, after several decades have past. This thing is Pattaya's Eiffel Tower.

I would bet (if it wasn't against the law here) that the monstrous tower will be standing there in 20 years, and in 30 years.

It's going to become symbol of Pattaya, hated by locals when built, but universally recognized loved, after several decades have past. This thing is Pattaya's Eiffel Tower.
Probably the best location in Pattaya. If it ever gets completed it will be very popular

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

I remember when they were building the "Jomtien Thani" construction stopped for years before restarting I was so amazed that the old crane would ever work again.

As for the Waterfront they should tell the developers to have the building, cranes and any other temporary structures inspected for safety and have a multi billion Bhat indemnity by a 3rd party or rip it down. 

I think the police(with the order of the City Hall) raided the construction site back in 2014 and shut it down.Ever since then,  let alone to have the crane removed, blue or white collar workers were not allowed to be anywhere on the site. I call this "Wild East"!

10 hours ago, whitemouse said:

haha..I can imagine 20-30 years later, if somehow the demolition of it was decided by the court, this time thousands of activists would show up chanting and shouting "Save our monster!"

On a more serious note,this building next to the Pattaya sign is already in millions of snapshots and movies tourists took the last 5 years and I think it should be allowed to be completed. The scenery  would definitely look better once lighted up at night instead of allowing it stay there and deteriorate further next 20 years.

That area all the way to the lighthouse and even further will eventually be full of bars and restaurants, if not by other condo projects. Mark my words!

Progress and growth of cities is unstoppable and corruption is inevitable and this project won't be an exception to the rule! Do you see the ministry of tourism trying block Chinese tourist from coming to Pattaya? I don't!

not only they have supported and enabled more Chinese to come, they have actually  gone out of their way to accommodate them better by widening roads around Bali Hai, making more space&parking for tour buses, expanding the seaport,marina and the docks, adding ferry services and bullet trains to Pattaya, tapping in "untouchable" military airports and converting them to passenger airports for  Russians to fly directly and more conveniently  in Pattaya, and many others I am too lazy to list now! 

It's about time to get the heads out of the sand!

History will absolve this!

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably the best location in Pattaya. If it ever gets completed it will be very popular

best location and more projects to come to the vicinity..Cities are alive and vibrant.They change,they grow as population and needs grow.

It might bear remembering that the Eiffel Tower was initially disliked by many when it was first constructed, as was the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, the AT&T Building in NY, among others.  With its architecture and location, I agree with you that Waterfront is Pattaya's Eiffel Tower.   And, if it is ever finished, it will in time be accepted, appreciated, celebrated. 

23 minutes ago, newnative said:

// I agree with you that Waterfront is Pattaya's Eiffel Tower.  //

Please remember that the Eiffel Tower was initially a temporary monument.

The tower has been built for the 1889 Universal Exposition,

and was supposed to be dismounted once the exposition finished...

So, will the Waterfront be a temporary monument?... or will it resist?  :wink:

29 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

well, so far it's resisting..Developers could have walked away without a fight but they are vigorously fighting this. The City Hall apparently ordered the developer  to demolish it partially within a year. "Partial" is the key word here. No one knows yet what that covers. They may be negotiating behind closed doors from time to time and none of it is transparent for obvious reasons.

From this point on , its my "educated speculation".

Is "partial" 5 floors or 10?.I believe 10 but no more than that and in addition, maybe the hotel wing has to go, though not sure.All of this is to satisfy, keep happy "certain people" or groups, AND careful not to damage tourism or scaring away developers and investment. it's a "walk a tightrope".

As within the last few months, the road in front got widened and the developer may take advantage of that in courts, arguing the road width now justifies the height/width of the building ,while carrying on "talks".

We all will see.

28 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The Exposition was temporary but the tower was not.  According to Wikipedia, when the contract was signed for the construction, Eiffel was given all income from the tower for the next 20 years. 

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

best location and more projects to come to the vicinity..Cities are alive and vibrant.They change,they grow as population and needs grow.

Absolutely.  I'm amazed at how Pattaya's skyline has changed in just the relatively short time--7.5 years--that I have been here.

41 minutes ago, newnative said:

Absolutely.  I'm amazed at how Pattaya's skyline has changed in just the relatively short time--7.5 years--that I have been here.

yes true.that's probably the case for almost anywhere in Asia. I have a condo which I bought in 2007 in Manila. At least 20 highrise buildings were added on the skyline since then and 10 more now in construction. A New York is in works!

On 12/01/2018 at 4:34 AM, pattayadude said:

well, so far it's resisting..Developers could have walked away without a fight but they are vigorously fighting this. The City Hall apparently ordered the developer  to demolish it partially within a year. "Partial" is the key word here. No one knows yet what that covers. They may be negotiating behind closed doors from time to time and none of it is transparent for obvious reasons.

From this point on , its my "educated speculation".

Is "partial" 5 floors or 10?.I believe 10 but no more than that and in addition, maybe the hotel wing has to go, though not sure.All of this is to satisfy, keep happy "certain people" or groups, AND careful not to damage tourism or scaring away developers and investment. it's a "walk a tightrope".

As within the last few months, the road in front got widened and the developer may take advantage of that in courts, arguing the road width now justifies the height/width of the building ,while carrying on "talks".

We all will see.

Road in front looks exactly the same to me.

Archived