"Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month

webfact

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

Doesn't seem like the condo building blocks much of the view from the mountain.

Can't see what all the fuss was about. 

The condo doesn't block the view from the Pattaya City sign viewpoint (the place where I took the last pic from)

but he really blocks the view from the main highest Pattaya viewpoint, facing its back.

d92b556c-f36f-48a9-b59f-446c98182bd7.jpg

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The condo doesn't block the view from the Pattaya City sign viewpoint (the place where I took the last pic from)

but he really blocks the view from the main highest Pattaya viewpoint, facing its back.

I seriously doubt that tourists who go up to the viewpoint are all of a sudden shocked or disappointed to see a building blocking a mere 10 percent of their view. I wonder if they care at all...

On the contrary, it might even help them to have a perspective and even a depth of field in their view!

it may even cause them to go "wow, THIS is the building we saw from far away when we were on the beach"

16 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

I have been there.  It has been widened and is now a dual carriageway.  Has been since the Navy Review.

Looks the same to me. The road in front of the building is exactly the same width. The construction to the other side of it that you claim to be part of a dual carriageway, doesn't appear to add to the width of the road. 

I'll take another look and report back later.

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Doesn't seem like the condo building blocks much of the view from the mountain.  Can't see what all the fuss was about. 

It is probably not the fuss about the view that halted  construction, I doubt  Pratumnak residence have this much pull.. But who knows Pratumnak has weekend residents who arrive in very big, shiny cars from Bangkok.

More likely construction delays have more to do with top staff in very large offices being replaced, and fresh staff holding power now have not  been compensated fairly.

3 hours ago, pattayadude said:

thanks for the credit!  we'll even throw a stadium in the deal to keep you happy!

:smile:

23518968_1677123788999202_3489687951109151272_n.jpg

I envy the view of future Waterfront residents, when Rolling Stones pops by to give a concert at the stadium, people of Waterfront will have incredible view. Free, too !

Could the city throw in a Formula 1 circuit as well a race track?

Every  sports capital of the world shouldn't be without.

33 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

I envy the view of future Waterfront residents, when Rolling Stones pops by to give a concert at the stadium, people of Waterfront will have incredible view. Free, too !

Could the city throw in a Formula 1 circuit as well a race track?

Every  sports capital of the world shouldn't be without.

Consider it done!

23518968_1677123788999202_3489687951109151272_n.jpg

On 1/15/2018 at 2:09 PM, pattayadude said:

Obviously it's not done with a sledgehammer and some elbow grease.An experienced demolition crew can handle it within a few months with the right machinery and a  good crane to lower the debris.

The top 5-10 floors are slimmer than the floors below. I think they are just single penthouses and 2 units on each floor only.

My point was that if they can't demolish a more regular sized building without some catastrophe as mentioned in the accompanying thread how are they gonna do it from all the way up there?:giggle:

1 hour ago, midas said:

My point was that if they can't demolish a more regular sized building without some catastrophe as mentioned in the accompanying thread how are they gonna do it from all the way up there?:giggle:

this notorious boutique hotel demolition is probably being done by  an unprofessional crew with little experience in demolition .It's probably a team of construction workers who were given the task of a demolition. However, there are many partial or complete high-rise demolition methods performed by professional demolition contractors. As one can guess, the demolition cost of 1 floor  is more expensive than building that floor.

One of the demolition methods is, the roof of the top floor is supported by  temporary columns, each approx. 20 meters high, which are placed on giant beams two floors below. In the closed space, building components such as steel columns, beams and flooring are disassembled. Every time the two highest floors are dismantled, jacks incorporated into the columns are lowered, and the building becomes two floors lower as a whole. there is no way to know the building is being torn down and the building looks to be gradually shrinking, making it a mysterious demolition system. It's relatively quiet, with no dust or  falling debris.

tecorep-no-watermark.png

6 hours ago, Darkkakashi said:

pattayadude, do you have a, direct or indirect, financial interest in this waterfront building being completed ?

other than the poetical "i played simcity 2000 too much and I like to see cities grow like children or flowers or amybes"

Sorry to burst your bubble but money isn't everything.especially for some who have plenty.  For me it's human interest. Interest in the improvement and the progression of the city he/she lives in part or full time. One can have interest in the politics of it. I believe this residential tower and a few cafes and restaurants will improve this area quite a bit. A few posts before yours, a poster mentioned that he walks around the area a few times a week and some now are able to ride their bicycles and pass through what was once "ruled"  by the boat mafia, ruled by the odor of pools of oil and gas leaking from parked and decaying boats and  diesel fumes from the huge tractors constantly moving trailers in and out of the water, stray dogs packs coming out of nowhere to attack the passerby and riders.

Now one can take a leisurely walk in this much improved, relatively peaceful, sunny and breezy area, a far cry from the chaos it once was.

It's still got a long way to go, but it's sure as hell come a long way!

7 hours ago, Darkkakashi said:

pattayadude, do you have a, direct or indirect, financial interest in this waterfront building being completed ?

other than the poetical "i played simcity 2000 too much and I like to see cities grow like children or flowers or amybes"

on a more honest note(not that my prev. quote was dishonest) and maybe slightly off-topic, I used to live in Pattaya full time but now that i have discovered Colombia and bought a small penthouse with an open-air terrace with panoramic views(top floors of buildings with large terraces are unique for Colombia ), I stay there longer periods, more convenient for me with its proximity to the USA and the Caribbean, and I looooove salsa!.

Plans change, partners change, interests change, lifestyles change and answer to your question: I couldn't care less if this project gets built or dynamited. But. i'm not gonna lie, I will most likely be interested in buying a corner 2 bedroom if it ever gets built..You can't beat the location and its value!

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I heard that the reason building was halted was because it impeded the unobstructed view across the bay and to Koh Lan by someone who might just happen to wear a tiara and lived behind it :whistling:

Nahhh..i doubt it..You do have a point  but it's not likely. if a thing like this would bother these folks, do you think for even one day they would have allowed  hundreds of leaking boats park, moved in and out and about, noisy and smoggy tractors revving their engines to extremely high decibels in order to pull and drop  40 footer heavy boats in and out of the water all day? this went on  for years from 5am to 9pm... every day...every hour...every minute of it.

19 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

yes wrong view point

5a5ea71f05410_waterfrontfromviewpoint.thumb.jpg.de60f3771fe3d6e9377425e76aab07ba.jpg

S__15654968.jpg.fa87afcdc91742c5b7c2c5e9790671db.jpg

35 minutes ago, johng said:

if you actually go up to this view point the monstrosity is very conspicuous it can't be ignored..I'm sure most tourist would wonder why on earth it is there.

True. But most tourists would surely assume it's under construction, unaware of the Thainess (to throw out a bone here) of the situation. And the purpose of the construction would for the usual well-understood reasons, one of which isn't to improve the view from the hill. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

yes wrong view point

5a5ea71f05410_waterfrontfromviewpoint.thumb.jpg.de60f3771fe3d6e9377425e76aab07ba.jpg

It still doesn't look like it blocks much of the view, to me. From the photo, you can still see the whole sweep of the Pattaya shoreline/skyline--the most important view.  I doubt tourists give the building much of a thought; if they did, they would likely just assume it is under construction, as JSixpack said.   And, off they go in a few days.  It's the residents of Pattaya who are stuck looking at this unfinished building day after day, year after year.

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

I agree J. however didn't quite get the "Thainess" of the situation.do you mean the stalemate situation or the uncertainty? care to put it in a few more words?

Oh, the usual accusations re: lack of planning, lack of oversight, corruption, changing courses in midstream, squabbles, failure to resolve the situation promptly, leaving another derelict (cue the lists), etc.--which (nod wisely here) Only Happen In Thailand!  

1 hour ago, johng said:

yes wrong view point

If I may, one additional comment.  Take a look at the photo above with the 2 girls with matching outfits.  If you look at the white buildings on the left, you can see that they block about the same amount of the ocean (but less sky) as the tower part of Waterfront.  It seems some want the top 10 floors of Waterfront to be removed, thinking that would unblock the view from the mountain.  But it's clear that taking down those floors would just result in a little more sky being seen--the same amount of ocean would be blocked whether the building is 50 stories high or 150.

On 10/29/2017 at 6:40 PM, pattayadude said:

I have no further questions if a City Hall could and would stop a construction because they "got emotional and were very much moved" by a mere 50 tree-huggers picketing outside.

Furthermore, I guess when the authorities, likely a team of construction engineers and architects who stamped to approve  that Waterfront blueprint after months of  complex  calculations and evaluations, they must have forgotten to multiply the  "50 floorsX 3m.= 150 meters"(that's the height of a small mountain)

Now try to put these two together.

I always wondered why there were so many and long-lasting military coups in Thailand's history. Probably the only country in the world with so many in relatively so little time.

I got my answer now, If you now what I mean!

Please explain if you don't mind.

"always wondered why there were so many and long-lasting military coups in Thailand's history. Probably the only country in the world with so many in relatively so little time.

I got my answer now, If you now what I mean!"

But what difference would it make if they took of 5 floors, or even 15 floors?

My understanding is that the reduction of floors , be it 5 or 15 , are not to improve the view ..but,
to compensate for overuse of allowable building on the site ..or to do with setback from the water . ( or road, I
Forget which ) ..anyway , not a view issue . Well of course the view is an issue, because that's how it
Was Brought to light :)

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

What's all the fuss about? This building was clearly designed and built to satisfy strict thoughtful and extensive regulations. /fun

Pattaya's constant flood of quality tourists will be more than pleased with how this architectural delight blends with its surroundings and provides an additional eye catching point of interest for those watching the sun go down.

I personally don't have any interest in the seedy sin city but do have enormous respect for those trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Archived