"Waterfront" condo purchasers in Pattaya could see some developments later this month

webfact

On 12/01/2018 at 10:04 AM, pattayadude said:

haha..I can imagine 20-30 years later, if somehow the demolition of it was decided by the court, this time thousands of activists would show up chanting and shouting "Save our monster!"

On a more serious note,this building next to the Pattaya sign is already in millions of snapshots and movies tourists took the last 5 years and I think it should be allowed to be completed. The scenery  would definitely look better once lighted up at night instead of allowing it stay there and deteriorate further next 20 years.

That area all the way to the lighthouse and even further will eventually be full of bars and restaurants, if not by other condo projects. Mark my words!

Progress and growth of cities is unstoppable and corruption is inevitable and this project won't be an exception to the rule! Do you see the ministry of tourism trying block Chinese tourist from coming to Pattaya? I don't!

not only they have supported and enabled more Chinese to come, they have actually  gone out of their way to accommodate them better by widening roads around Bali Hai, making more space&parking for tour buses, expanding the seaport,marina and the docks, adding ferry services and bullet trains to Pattaya, tapping in "untouchable" military airports and converting them to passenger airports for  Russians to fly directly and more conveniently  in Pattaya, and many others I am too lazy to list now! 

It's about time to get the heads out of the sand!

History will absolve this!

The expanded Tourist facillities you mmention have nothing to do with this monstrous,,illegal eyesore.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, The manic said:

The expanded Tourist facillities

facilities you mean...

I am sure  "elements" of  "the expanded tourist facilities"  are already causing you more headache every day and will get worse by the year than a quiet building partially blocking your view only if you happen to live behind the hill AND on a high floor. Otherwise you should be fine. Just don't let it get under your skin as this monstrous will be around for a while(years) and may even outlive some of us.

Let's not forget that this is 2Billion Baht we're talking about sitting there and you can't deny the power of money. This international hotel chain won't give up without a good fight and the system has many loopholes and developers are not bunch of retards. Appealing decisions by itself  will take years.Meanwhile life goes on, cities expand and needs arise, roads get widened and all of a sudden one of the major hurdles is in trash(building too high for the narrow road it's on)

Add to this "Thai authorities don't seem to be in a hurry and take things slow" and you'll get my point.

Just enjoy your fuzzy drinks in the afternoon  and don't let this bother you.

On 1/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, pattayadude said:

I will not quote or post any more on this topic as i am losing interest in it  

considering you wrote this I see no sign of you losing interest in it and in fact your passion seems to be growing by the day:giggle:

46 minutes ago, johng said:

here is another picture that was already posted somewhere on this forum showing the same "progress"

view0.jpg.4801d1fa9d65752875f198e8f7893456.jpg

The high rise building + the rest of the concrete jungle + alcohol+drugs+thugs+ prostitution+ trash on beaches+ traffic  do have an effect on the value of any city, true!..now, any suggestions? you can't just rewind the tape and travel back in 1965.

I bet you, the 2024 photo of the lookout will probably have a few more buildings either side of the Waterfront and many more behind the hill and the bay will be dotted with more vessels . wasn't that the case with Central Pats or Naklua? it's easy to just say "no" but answer will be "yes" if you give it just a little bit of thought.

the comparison of 1965 and 2012 photo is the perfect evidence.

2 hours ago, midas said:

considering you wrote this I see no sign of you losing interest in it and in fact your passion seems to be growing by the day:giggle:

back by popular demand!:giggle:

I've been here since the dinosaurs, but your interest seems to be pretty solid too, I noticed(9000+ posts). You probably date back to the big bang...

No day-job?

20 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

The high rise building + the rest of the concrete jungle + alcohol+drugs+thugs+ prostitution+ trash on beaches+ traffic  do have an effect on the value of any city, true!..now, any suggestions? you can't just rewind the tape and travel back in 1965.

I bet you, the 2024 photo of the lookout will probably have a few more buildings either side of the Waterfront and many more behind the hill and the bay will be dotted with more vessels . wasn't that the case with Central Pats or Naklua? it's easy to just say "no" but answer will be "yes" if you give it just a little bit of thought.

There's a lot of land to the left of Waterfront that now has low-rise structures, go-kart track, and empty tracts of land, plus some empty land near Unixx.  I think you are right and in 2024 there will be some more highrises in this area.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

There's a lot of land to the left of Waterfront that now has low-rise structures, go-kart track, and empty tracts of land, plus some empty land near Unixx.  I think you are right and in 2024 there will be some more highrises in this area.

Waterfront phase 2 and 3 just to name a few..lol

joke aside, I can see a Starbucks and a McDo where the now-closed disco is.

if a smelly and greasy boat yard was allowed to occupy the whole area and beyond for almost 10 years, why not a few franchises that could help keep the area crisp clean with their taxes !!!.Money don't grow on trees, you need to generate it and businesses do just that.Dreaming doesn't. I like the bees and flowers and butterflies but they are  things of the past. Has anyone seen birds in Pattaya? just curious!

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

Pattaya lost its view long time ago. I see nothing but concrete in last photo. Wanna do Pattaya a favor? Prevent  it from expanding more in future.Don't know if can be done as it's almost same like asking a nation not to have more than 1 baby.And the greedy politicians don't help the situation either. Damage is already done>Does anyone know the air quality levels at 6pm while sitting  in a 2nd road bar? How good do you think it is with 4 lane full of cars idling in front of you with no air circulation because of tall structures and long distances between 2 sois? Why does a 2 minute heavy rain almost always turns into a flash flood?Why are the broken wires dangling from poles bearing 4 times over the weight of its capacity and eventually so many either come tumbling down or catching fire? have you wondered?...witch-hunt and  take all Pattaya's problems out on this incomplete building in a mob fashion as if it will fix all its problems...lol..On the contrary, it might even help to turn this, once feared and abandoned zone into a  quiet and safe seaside public spot under the watchful eyes of its residents.

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

back by popular demand!:giggle:

I've been here since the dinosaurs, but your interest seems to be pretty solid too, I noticed(9000+ posts). You probably date back to the big bang...

No day-job?

I wouldn't call it pretty solid interest but more like being in awe watching how people can possibly still believe in all this.

I don't date back to the big bang so much as the day  that Lehman Bros collapsed on September 15, 2008.

22 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Yep, dynamite that eyesore and concentrate on the failing infrastructure.

If you dynamite it, I don't think the sacred hill will  be stable during and ever, if it doesn't come down with it...that is...

The city will never have the budget to dismantle it floor by floor...

I don't see you and I  paying for it...

so what's left?

I bet you that parties are/will be probably discussing that....

another possibility is: it will be handled after the 2018 (Nov?) elections

On 7.7.2017 at 8:35 AM, CRUNCHER said:

"...the Company considers it is highly essential that our representatives meet with PCH’s relevant officials to have the opportunity to discuss and clarify exactly what PCH’s comments and requirements are, to avoid any future misinterpretations..."

Yeah, right. A meeting to find out how thick the brown envelopes have to be.....

8 hours ago, JSixpack said:

pty2017t.jpg.042b4f9c2249d0d2823f1e6e762c81f4.jpg

This picture remind me, once someone said, keep one eye close then there is not the eyesore.The person who said so is the former permanent secretary, ministry of natural resources and environment. He commented on September 2014, about the building issue on radio news channel. 

Beside he also commented that it is Pattaya City hall duty to consider on construction permit revocation because the project has violated construction code.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:55 PM, newnative said:

I don't need to go to the actual viewpoint. I am in a condo about the same height of the viewpoint and look across at it.  I have a somewhat similar view of the back of Waterfront as the viewpoint has.  Yes, Waterfront is imposing and dominating--it was meant to be.  It is the signature building of Pattaya in the most important location--which called for a statement building.  Yes, it blocks some of the ocean, as other buildings do, as well.  Yes, it blocks some of my view of the ocean, too.  But, there is plenty of ocean view that is not blocked.  And, as I said before, the important view of Pattaya Bay and the breathtaking view of the sweep of the coastline with the city skyline in the background, is not blocked at all--gorgeous day and night. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Here is an actual resident who practically lives right behind the Waterfront,behind the hill in one of those buildings, and on an elevation high enough  facing both, the Waterfront and the entire the bay of Pattaya and is complacent even though some of his view is blocked and doesn't even complain like those who don't live anywhere around the area

In this less than perfect world, one can always find something to complain about, if he/she is not content with it fully.

4 hours ago, champa said:

This picture remind me, once someone said, keep one eye close then there is not the eyesore.The person who said so is the former permanent secretary, ministry of natural resources and environment. He commented on September 2014, about the building issue on radio news channel. 

Beside he also commented that it is Pattaya City hall duty to consider on construction permit revocation because the project has violated construction code.

was he one of those involved in the approval of the Waterfront plans and permits?

Maybe those who signed  did close one eye not to see what they approved?

please reply

On 1/16/2018 at 3:04 PM, KneeDeep said:

Looks the same to me. The road in front of the building is exactly the same width

you insisted on the road being "same" for days without knowing the reality

On 1/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, pattayadude said:

Looking at it from that angle, brings some credence to your argument

then you admitted you were wrong when you compared  the older photos of the narrow road I posted(half the size that of today) , with the new beautiful photos Pattaya46 took and posted that day (more than doubled width that of 1 year ago).

Now you insist on so many other off-topic matters such as Colombia, women, jacuzzi, rooftop etc. asking photographic proof from me in retaliation and vengeance on the previous topic,  but it's a little too late as your credibility is toast already.

You claim to own a condo and live in a Latin American country (Peru) but you can't even spell Colombia (you make the same mistake of millions who misspell Colombia as Columbia) LOL

AND I won't go off-topic any more than I did with respect to the rules of the forum.

Adios,que te vaya bien !

18 hours ago, pattayadude said:

If you dynamite it, I don't think the sacred hill will  be stable during and ever, if it doesn't come down with it...that is...

The city will never have the budget to dismantle it floor by floor...

I don't see you and I  paying for it...

so what's left?

I bet you that parties are/will be probably discussing that....

another possibility is: it will be handled after the 2018 (Nov?) elections

Demand the developer pay for dismantling this monstrosity. If not voluntarily then start grabbing assets. They obviously greased palms to be permitted to build so close to the sea. Mafia to mafia deal making. Is that "Make Pattaya a family destination" crusader still about? 

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

was he one of those involved in the approval of the Waterfront plans and permits?

Maybe those who signed  did close one eye not to see what they approved?

please reply

Waterfront was approved not once but twice by EIA, with the original developers and the group that took over the project.  So, EIA had 2 chances to turn it down.  It didn't.  The former mayor and City Hall were totally for the project, as well, until ......they weren't---forced to backtrack by a small group of vocal Thai protestors.

23 minutes ago, pegman said:

Demand the developer pay for dismantling this monstrosity. If not voluntarily then start grabbing assets. They obviously greased palms to be permitted to build so close to the sea. Mafia to mafia deal making. Is that "Make Pattaya a family destination" crusader still about? 

their assets in Thailand? such as?

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

Waterfront was approved not once but twice by EIA, with the original developers and the group that took over the project.  So, EIA had 2 chances to turn it down.  It didn't.  The former mayor and City Hall were totally for the project, as well, until ......they weren't---forced to backtrack by a small group of vocal Thai protestors.

and the military...

it will be back on track, come elections. no worries pal!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, pattayadude said:

How 'bout now?

Re the top photo. I'm shocked! I thought it was just one of those BS publicity pictures that advertising agencies manufacture, but apparently it is an actual ''park", which I assume is for public use, and events like new year eve etc.

If it is in fact a public park, well done someone, and a long time coming.

The photos didn't come with the quote, but they were showing the new road vs the old one from above, and included the new public space.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

The former mayor and City Hall

says it all!

Archived