BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Troops, police warn 'Arab' road racers in Pattaya

Troops, police warn 'Arab' road racers in Pattaya
By The Nation

PATTAYA: -- Following a Facebook post complaining about foreign teenagers racing on a Pattaya road, some 100 troops and policemen were deployed at two roads to crack down on them early Tuesday morning.

Troops and policemen were deployed to Soi VC and Soi Yen Sabai in South Pattaya in tambon Nongplue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district at about 1am.

The action was taken after a Thai Facebook users posted on a popular Pattaya Facebook page that some 100 teenagers, who looked Middle Eastern, were racing motorcycles on Soi VC early in the morning, causing a disturbance.

At about 1am on Tuesday, troops and police sealed off the front of the two sois and approached a group of foreign teenage motorcyclists.

Seeing the officials, the motorcyclists left their machines and tried to walk away but the officials approached them and explained to them that no road racing was allowed. They were also told to carry an international driving licence if they want to ride a motorcycle on the road.

No arrests were made.

A local resident said she had been a group of Arab teenagers racing their motorcycles for about a week.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319836

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-04

.....Told they need an international driving license.

Is that all ?

No helmets worn. ( probably )

And did the police check the tax and insurance policies. ?

Pathetic policing . So much for Pattaya crackdowns.

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

.....Told they need an international driving license.

Is that all ?

No. . . . the officials approached them and explained to them that no road racing was allowed.

Try to keep up.

No helmets worn. ( probably )

Where's evidence of that probability? Actually it's not even perfectly clear they were riding their bikes when approached. They may have been milling around getting ready to ride.

And did the police check the tax and insurance policies. ?

Oh, maybe, but why should they? The bikes were probably all rentals and the issue is street racing. And if you knew that they did, how much better off would you be? Or is this just expert DSI: TVF?

Pathetic policing . So much for Pattaya crackdowns.

Pathetic posting. I suspect the crackdown on this group will have worked well at that location anyway.

When in Rome and all that. These lads were just integrating into society.

So this had been going on for a week but the police didnt notice it until it appeared on Facebook?

Maybe if they were out patrolling the streets they might have noticed it on the first night and nipped it in the bud.

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

So this had been going on for a week but the police didnt notice it until it appeared on Facebook?

Maybe if they were out patrolling the streets they might have noticed it on the first night and nipped it in the bud.

They didn't notice it until it was pointed out that the perps were in fact foreigners. Then they couldn't wait to jump into action.

Damn foreigners. 

Doing Thai only activities again. 

Why come Arabs to Pattaya? It's not halal.

Notice it now reads police and troops.  Police on their own won't go out after dark.  I must try this Facebook thing.  I regularly see gangs of Thai bikers racing on Sukhumvit 20% with no lights.

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Young Arab men, forbidden pre-marital contact with members of the opposite sex; not allowed booze (officially) and have plenty, in most cases, of money.

Can't think why they're interesting in going to a nice family seaside resort such as Pattaya? Maybe for the golf? :whistling:

If they didn't race - ride camels, they were no Arabs

What a bunch of pussies. If I get stopped I get fined and told all kinds of crap. I guess the pussyfication of Sweden has found its way here.

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Pathetic posting. I suspect the crackdown on this group will have worked well at that location anyway.

In your dreams...

To boom boom and drink whiskey before returning back home to study the Koran and prey

..........and prey.

Who will they be hunting?:smile: