Looking For Housing

royg

I will be coming to Chiang Mai for three months starting in July. I would like to rent a house in a nice area or maybe an apartment but all of the places I have found online say you must rent for 6 months to 1year

Does anyone have any advice for me? I will of course want a maid and probably a driver to go along with the deal.

Hi

6 months is the usual minimum term but you can find for three months.

The probable reason that you see longer via agents is that they have 1 months rental as a fee. So from 3 that would not be viable.

"of course a maid and probably a driver." Guess where u r from :-))

Can find you a serviced apartment relatively easily but a house for three months will not be so easy especially if the owner is Bangkok based.

You can also get longstay deals in Hotels. They have a lot of maids and drivers as well:-)

You may have to adapt the thought process, or change the base a little.

CT

> Does anyone have any advice for me?

Yes. Forget about real estate agents, either online or in print or in person right now. Then check into a hotel or something first, and get your bearings in town. Decide what area you want to be in. Then get some wheels and drive through that area, noting phone numbers of nice houses that are for rent or even for sale. Then let someone call them and ask to rent.

I rent a nice 3 bedroom 4 bathroom house with a tiny bit of garden around as well as space to park 2 cars, in a popular compound, for 5000 baht. "Deposit" was 10,000 baht. Now work from there. I see foreign newbies pay absolutely rediculous amounts, also for deposits and stuff.

> I will of course want a maid and probably a driver to go along with the deal.

Find your own. Doesn't hurt to ask your landlord, but also ask absolutely anyone else, including the som tam lady in the market and your neighbours maid, first and foremost. If live-in maid then this will set you back like 2000-3000 baht a monht. Or less, or more, your mileage may vary, up to you, etc. :o

O fark... just read you're only staying 3 months.. Don't feel like deleting all this, but I think 3 months is too short to go through all the hassle of getting a rental house. Pick a condo or serviced appartment somewhere. (Again, hotel first, drive around, then rent long term)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Find your own. Doesn't hurt to ask your landlord, but also ask absolutely anyone else, including the som tam lady in the market and your neighbours maid, first and foremost. If live-in maid then this will set you back like 2000-3000 baht a monht. Or less, or more, your mileage may vary, up to you, etc.

Live-in (Thai) maids currently start around 4,000 a month, partly depending on kids and extra duties. Mine gets 7,000 now because she cooks, too... If someone is willing to work for much less than 4000 for fulltime (less than legal minimum), I would seriously question their reasoning, looking at the possibility of a setup for ripoff, or someone escaping/hiding from authorities or others, looking for a new husband, etc......I have some experience in this area to back my cautions. :o

You are also at your most vulnerable with a live-in help, so choose wisely by taking every precaution, including copies of ID (and their house registration...'thabian baan')

Don't hire anyone without documentation.

I found my current maid through an ad I made and posted at my local market. Word always spreads fast there. :D

> If someone is willing to work for much less than 4000 for fulltime

> (less than legal minimum), I would seriously question their reasoning

It's not less than the legal minimum when you consider that accommodation, water, electricity and food are thrown in. As well as having a relatively easy, safe and comfortable job. Imagine being a construction worker, or working a gas station. Then you will make the minimum of 4200 if you're lucky, but then you have to pay for a room, food, etc...

I'm always hesitant to go yelling at people that they over-pay for something because they mostly have very good reasons for it, and if often works great for everyone, BUT.. most staff in my office don't make 7000 baht.. and those people finished somewhat of an education. (Which I will admit doesn't mean that they'd also be good maids, but hey. :o )

I actually thought peole would slam me for being on the high side with the 2000-3000 figure.. :D Most people I know are a bit under that, or towards the lower figure, and also have great working relationships with their maids.

Cheers,

Chanchao

>  If someone is willing to work for much less than 4000 for fulltime

> (less than legal minimum), I would seriously question their reasoning

It's not less than the legal minimum when you consider that accommodation, water, electricity and food are thrown in. As well as having a relatively easy, safe and comfortable job.  Imagine being a construction worker, or working a gas station. Then you will make the minimum of 4200 if you're lucky, but then you have to pay for a room, food, etc...

I'm always hesitant to go yelling at people that they over-pay for something because they mostly have very good reasons for it, and if often works great for everyone, BUT..  most staff in my office don't make 7000 baht..  and those people finished somewhat of an education.  (Which I will admit doesn't mean that they'd also be good maids, but hey. :D )

I actually thought peole would slam me for being on the high side with the 2000-3000 figure.. :D  Most people I know are a bit under that, or towards the lower figure, and also have great working relationships with their maids.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Interesting...The prices you're quoting are prices I paid 10 years ago...As did my Thai neighbors at that time. I did pay 1500 baht a month in 1988, but I got ripped off, too..;-)

I'd be interested in hearing what others pay for housekeepers, both live-in, and live-out.

My ex, one of the more kii nieo types, could only get illegal Burmese at your price 4 years ago.....I searched hard, but got no bites at less than 4,000 baht for 8 hours, 5 or 6 days a week, or live-in at the same price....unless they were children or illegal or something else maybe problematic....

So, what are others paying? Am I a bad shopper? :o

For me a *legal* hilltribe girl would do. (student perhaps, and am willing to support some education money on top of her salary)

I haven't decided for myself that I want someone living in (or behind) my house 24/7... But when I do I should have no trouble findig a suitable candidate. (I do some volunteer work providing scholarships to mostly hilltribe children)

Of course some training may be involved.. Like that a Scotch Bright sponge is not the best thing in the world to wash a car with.. Or that leather shoes are best not cleaned the way you clean flip-flops, by hosing them with water. (I'm NOT kidding)

I'll gladly admit that you tend to get what you pay for. :o Still I would get a smart, ambitious, eager to learn hill-kid over a lazy local.. (noting that the ambitious among the lower educated locals already moved away to go work and make as much money as possible in Bangkok or elsewhere)

Cheers,

Chanchao

For me a *legal* hilltribe girl would do. (student perhaps, and am willing to support some education money on top of her salary)

I haven't decided for myself that I want someone living in (or behind) my house 24/7... But when I do I should have no trouble findig a suitable candidate. (I do some volunteer work providing scholarships to mostly hilltribe children)

Of course some training may be involved.. Like that a Scotch Bright sponge is not the best thing in the world to wash a car with.. Or that leather shoes are best not cleaned the way you clean flip-flops, by hosing them with water. (I'm NOT kidding)

I'll gladly admit that you tend to get what you pay for. :o Still I would get a smart, ambitious, eager to learn hill-kid over a lazy local.. (noting that the ambitious among the lower educated locals already moved away to go work and make as much money as possible in Bangkok or elsewhere)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Yeah, getting a student is a good idea for some, and I know of a few good situations like that. Great for the student if the employer is good....Plenty of not-so-good people employing housekeepers, too. I've heard stories of terrible exploitation, even by some farangs. A live-in housekeeper often can't leave a bad situation so easily.

A lot depends on your needs and your situation. When I was married, my wife could train someone and supervise them, but now that I'm alone, I need someone who can do the various jobs, and work well without much supervision. I don't want to chase anyone around getting them to do their job. And since my stroke left me partly paralyzed, my housekeeper has to do some extra stuff for me...She's been with me for 2 years, and I feel so lucky to have found a good person...

If you get a good housekeeper, keep her happy. Good ones are not easy to find, in my experience.

Well thanks for all of the input. Maybe a hotel will be better. My company is paying for it anyway so I figured I would rent a bad ass bachelor pad for the same price that I would be paying for the hotel for one month.

If I decide to stay in a hotel I have heard you can get hassles if you try to bring girls to your room. I also heard that some hotels will not even let you bring girls up. Is this true?

I will definitely need so drinking buddies to show me around Chiang Mai.

Jeez, I'll send some of my nieces your way this summer. : )

> Well thanks for all of the input. Maybe a hotel will be better.

> My company is paying for it anyway so I figured I would rent a

> bad ass bachelor pad for the same price that I would be paying

> for the hotel for one month.

Okay.. That's probably less easy in Chiang Mai than it would be in a big city with established business services.. There you'd just go to some company that sub-rents out nice furnished appartments and throws in daily or weekly maid service.

Waitaminute.. I actually may know of someone who has a totally awesome apartment for rent, in THE top condominium in Chiang Mai.. (right on the river).. Not sure if it's still available, or if he'll rent it for 3 months only, but I'll ask. This person for sure could also fix you up with a maid and would perhaps even perform the 'drinking-buddy' role himself.. :o Let me ask.

> If I decide to stay in a hotel I have heard you can get hassles if you

> try to bring girls to your room. I also heard that some hotels will

> not even let you bring girls up. Is this true?

This is mostly true for the very top-end tourist hotels, which are NOT a majority in Chiang Mai.. My advice: just ask. I know for sure the Mae Ping hotel gives people crap and charges extra when they, erm, make new close friends in Chiang Mai. :D But there are many hotels.. just email them and ask about long term rates as well as what their policy is when you bring a girlfriend up to your room.

> I will definitely need so drinking buddies to show me around Chiang Mai.

My friend!!! :D I love new friends on cool expense accounts.. :D (just kidding)

Cheers,

Chanchao

I haven't decided for myself that I want someone living in (or behind) my house 24/7... But when I do I should have no trouble findig a suitable candidate.  (I do some volunteer work providing scholarships to mostly hilltribe children)

Of course some training may be involved..  Like that a Scotch Bright sponge is not the best thing in the world to wash a car with..  Or that leather shoes are best not cleaned the way you clean flip-flops, by hosing them with water.  (I'm NOT kidding)

I'll gladly admit that you tend to get what you pay for. :o  Still I would get a smart, ambitious, eager to learn hill-kid over a lazy local..  (noting that the ambitious among the lower educated locals already moved away to go work and make as much money as possible in Bangkok or elsewhere)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Yeah, getting a student is a good idea for some, and I know of a few good situations like that. Great for the student if the employer is good....Plenty of not-so-good people employing housekeepers, too. I've heard stories of terrible exploitation, even by some farangs. A live-in housekeeper often can't leave a bad situation so easily.

A lot depends on your needs and your situation. When I was married, my wife could train someone and supervise them, but now that I'm alone, I need someone who can do the various jobs, and work well without much supervision. I don't want to chase anyone around getting them to do their job. And since my stroke left me partly paralyzed, my housekeeper has to do some extra stuff for me...She's been with me for 2 years, and I feel so lucky to have found a good person...

If you get a good housekeeper, keep her happy. Good ones are not easy to find, in my experience.

I admit to not having had a live in maid per se but over the years there have been a few who have spent varying periods of time in my humble abode.

From that experience I am of the opinion that depending on the background of the individual if they come from "a rural village" there could be quite a learning / training curve. i.e I have lost count of the number of teflon type appliances (spatulas) that I have gone through due to them being left in a hot pan and subsequently melting. Picking up something like an egg becomes a bit of a task when the leading edge of the spatula resembles a chainsaw.

Likewise they are not often exposed to electric hotplates and there has been more than one occasion when a plastic or melamine bowl has glued itself to a still hot hotplate.

A aquaintance of mine returned to his apartment a week or two back to find one of those Thai style barbeque things glowing red hot, which, would have been OK had it not been sitting on his recently installed parquet floor. Whilst I might have "lost it" he carmly explained that this was not strictly in keeping with good pratice.

It has to be accepted that many of these people (new maids from up country) have never seen such things and for them "it must be a little like trying to put a man on the moon"

All else being equal "and it aint a perfect world" and you find a good girl / woman I do think that Baht 7,000 is a bit over the top. Many live in maids employed by Thai households would receive in the region of Baht1,500 - 2,000 / month and be glad to get it.

I note that many maids seem to have been in the employ (of Thai households) for very long periods of time and even more than ten years.

If your maid is working (or available / on hand to work) 10-12 / 7 and cooks cleans to a high standard then perhaps the Baht 7,000 might be money well spent.

Many also do a host of things not strictly "housekeeping" such as paying bills, arranging maintenance etc that should also be taken into consideration.

Once the relationship (employer / employee) has had the bumps put behind you, it would / could be real good for both parties.

Obviously the maid must be appraised of the expectations of what the "employer"

requires in terms of standards and whilst maybe this will take a few "tellings" there should be no excuse for either party to be dissatisfied in the longer term.

If thay don't have the ability to understand / learn then you best shop around for a replacement.

Also very important as someone has noted is that you get a copy of their ID and "ta bien baan" as if you go back to the states or wherever for a spell and return to find no maid as well as no television or Hi-Fi you might want to be able to track them down.

Also a must in view of recent postings to be certain they are not "illegals" in the country.

On the subject of what might be reasonable to pay for an apartment there are a number of things to be taken in to account i.e proximity to town or your work etc., one or two bedrooms (this would also perhaps impact on whether the maid is performing "other duties as well), whether the apartment is service 6 / 7, the standard of the accommodation, etc., you can expect to pay Baht 3,000 - 4,000 / mth for a one bedroom / one bathroom apartment to Baht 18,000 - 20,000 for a fully serviced two bedroom / bathroom apartment.

There are many issues to be taken into consideration (both for maids and accomadation) and in the end you will get what you pay for.

And if as in the case of Chanchao one is partially physically impaired, I would be happy to pay more than Baht 7,000 even up to Baht 10,000 / mth

All else being equal "and it aint a perfect world" and you find a good girl / woman I do think that Baht 7,000 is a bit over the top. Many live in maids employed by Thai households would receive in the region of Baht1,500 - 2,000 / month and be glad to get it.

Just to be clear, I would agree that 7,000 as a a starting salary might be high. In my case, she started at 4,000 and reached 7,000 2 years later after good and faithful service.

It would still be nice to hear from others who've actually had live-in help. I'd like to hear more about the current realities and what others are actually paying.

It's not less than the legal minimum when you consider that accommodation, water, electricity and food are thrown in.

Not true, according to the Labor officer I just spoke with. She told me that Legal wage minimums are for wages only, and not wages plus anything else. She gave me an example of a factory owner in Mae Sot paying 80 baht per day to workers, figuring in costs for housing and food. The Thai Labor court ruled against him. and he is liable for back wages ++ She added that he could charge for housing and food, but it must be an optional choice for workers, and it must be documented prior.

Better to be safe than sorry, na'?

Okay, I'll do that. ;-) WIll print her something every month stating:

Salary: 4200 baht

-Deduction: Room: 1000 baht

-Deduction: Water: 50 baht

-Deduction: Electricity: 150 baht

-Deduction: Food: 500 baht

But then again it's all a bit silly anyway because I wouldn't be paying tax or social charges. I think you'll have a hard time finding a maid anywhere who actually gets a salary minus proper income tax...

Anyway, I was saying that the "amount she receives" is not less than the legal minimum wage; wasn't trying to say that the work relationship is completely legal. Even in Sweden people don't pay tax on maid work do they?? ;-)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Okay, I'll do that. ;-)  WIll print her something every month stating:

Salary: 4200 baht

-Deduction: Room: 1000 baht

-Deduction: Water: 50 baht

-Deduction: Electricity: 150 baht

-Deduction: Food: 500 baht

But then again it's all a bit silly anyway because I wouldn't be paying tax or social charges.   I think you'll have a hard time finding a maid anywhere who actually gets a salary minus proper income tax...

Anyway, I was saying that the "amount she receives" is not less than the legal minimum wage; wasn't trying to say that the work relationship is completely legal.   Even in Sweden people don't pay tax on maid work do they??  ;-)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Maybe not income tax, because they would most likely be able to use normal tax deductions that would mean they had no tax obligation. But they are supposed to file, anyway....

I do pay my employer share of SS taxes because she can get a SS card and free health care, etc. I'm happy to contribute to my worker's welfare, and I would hope I'm not the only one...Though it does seem that some prefer to exploit their workers as much as they can, while paying as little as possible, and damm any laws for the protection of Thai (and all other) workers.

And I don't deduct my SS tax contribution from her wages. It's against the law, and I agree with that law.

By the way, I'm currently looking for a second person to assist with housekeeping and garden care. Wages of 4000 baht to start, 5-day work week, 8 hours per day. Parttime is also an option. If you know of someone who might be interested, please refer them to me. PM for my phone number.

• 3 weeks later...
> Does anyone have any advice for me?

Yes. Forget about real estate agents, either online or in print or in person right now. Then check into a hotel or something first, and get your bearings in town. Decide what area you want to be in. Then get some wheels and drive through that area, noting phone numbers of nice houses that are for rent or even for sale. Then let someone call them and ask to rent.

I rent a nice 3 bedroom 4 bathroom house with a tiny bit of garden around as well as space to park 2 cars, in a popular compound, for 5000 baht. "Deposit" was 10,000 baht. Now work from there. I see foreign newbies pay absolutely rediculous amounts, also for deposits and stuff.

> I will of course want a maid and probably a driver to go along with the deal.

Find your own. Doesn't hurt to ask your landlord, but also ask absolutely anyone else, including the som tam lady in the market and your neighbours maid, first and foremost. If live-in maid then this will set you back like 2000-3000 baht a monht. Or less, or more, your mileage may vary, up to you, etc. :o

O fark... just read you're only staying 3 months.. Don't feel like deleting all this, but I think 3 months is too short to go through all the hassle of getting a rental house. Pick a condo or serviced appartment somewhere. (Again, hotel first, drive around, then rent long term)

Cheers,

Chanchao

We just returned from a rental house search in Chiang Mai and came up empty. We did as you suggest and drove around to several villages on the roads to Mae Jo, Doi Saket and Mae Rim but didn't find anything at all. We drove out twenty kilometers on each of these roads and searched several villages on each road. Your suggestion of steering clear of the agents is well taken. I wonder if you could be a little more specific in where to look for rental houses such as village names? I saw a post by another member that in his village there were some houses for rent but can't seem to find his post. Thanks for your help.

Perhaps the CM expats on this board could look out as they move around and send you the details of any houses they see.

There's also a monthly Thai newspaper which came out a couple of days ago. The Fish and Chip Shop had copies of it. It's full of private ads and agents ads.

Perhaps the CM expats on this board could look out as they move around and send you the details of any houses they see.

There's also a monthly Thai newspaper which came out a couple of days ago. The Fish and Chip Shop had copies of it. It's full of private ads and agents ads.

Good idea thanks, I am hoping some CM folks will see my post and give me some guidance. I picked up a copy of the "Chiang Mai Mail" but nothing much there under house rentals.

Not the Chiang Mai Mail

The Thai paper is called สือกลาง It's a trade paper in Thai only. I think it comes out once a week. I actually have a copy in front of me at the moment. It's got a bunch of private for rent or sale adverts and agents adverts.

I picked it up from the Fish and Chip shop a couple of days ago.

Frankly, I've used rental agents and was helped. I think that they provide a valuable service, and their cost is paid by the landlord, in my experience...The two houses for rent that the agent took us to were the same rate, agent, or not. One of them I rented, and when I moved out a year later for the house I'm in now, the owner didn't use an agent, but charged the same rent...The same rent he charged the people before me, without an agent.

Your experience may differ, but I'd say go ahead and use them. If the price for rent is too high, then pass on it. Trying to figure out whether the owner might charge you less if you didn't have an agent is a question you'll likely never get an answer to, and you can drive yourself nuts worrying about such really petty nonsense. Besides, why shouldn't an agent get paid for his efforts?...Again, just worry about the bottom line- too expensive, or not. If you are new here, a good agent can be invaluable. Just use some common sense, and maybe check some specific prices here, perhaps....

When taking advice, also consider whether that advice comes from personal experience, hearsay, or just an opinion, educated or not.....Of course, take it all in, but filter through it carefully. Not all advice is good or useful, or time efficient... You'll soon learn for yourself, anyway.

As for driving aimlessly around looking for rental signs, I'd suggest looking for 4-sale signs, or simply empty houses, and asking a neighbor for contact info. There are tons of these most everywhere when I drive around...Some areas you mentioned are prone to flooding, so check with neighbors, and look for high water marks on outside perimeter walls. If you're in the country, you can almost be guranteed that a neighbor will have some sort of contact info for the owners....A bit of leg work, and a hip Thai-reader/speaker are what you need. That's how I found my house I live in now, and several others before it

There are a couple of places online that I usually see some reasonbly-priced rentals...

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/mailmarket/index.shtml

http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds/

The rental agent I would recommend is named Teera, and he works at Chiang Mai Habitat. Nice guy, honest with me.

2/5 Sukkasem Rd. (Soi Condo 103 Project 3), Chiang Mai.

Tel. 217-769, fax 215-606

Good luck :o

Frankly, I've used rental agents and was helped. I think that they provide a valuable service, and their cost is paid by the landlord, in my experience...The two houses for rent that the agent took us to were the same rate, agent, or not. One of them I rented, and when I moved out a year later for the house I'm in now, the owner didn't use an agent, but charged the same rent...The same rent he charged the people before me, without an agent.

Your experience may differ, but I'd say go ahead and use them. If the price for rent is too high, then pass on it. Trying to figure out whether the owner might charge you less if you didn't have an agent is a question you'll likely never get an answer to, and you can drive yourself nuts worrying about such really petty nonsense. Besides, why shouldn't an agent get paid for his efforts?...Again, just worry about the bottom line- too expensive, or not. If you are new here, a good agent can be invaluable. Just use some common sense, and maybe check some specific prices here, perhaps....

When taking advice, also consider whether that advice comes from personal experience, hearsay, or just an opinion, educated or not.....Of course, take it all in, but filter through it carefully. Not all advice is good or useful, or time efficient... You'll soon learn for yourself, anyway.

As for driving aimlessly around looking for rental signs, I'd suggest looking for 4-sale signs, or simply empty houses, and asking a neighbor for contact info. There are tons of these most everywhere when I drive around...Some areas you mentioned are prone to flooding, so check with neighbors, and look for high water marks on outside perimeter walls. If you're in the country, you can almost be guranteed that a neighbor will have some sort of contact info for the owners....A bit of leg work, and a hip Thai-reader/speaker are what you need. That's how I found my house I live in now, and several others before it

There are a couple of places online that I usually see some reasonbly-priced rentals...

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/mailmarket/index.shtml

http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds/

The rental agent I would recommend is named Teera, and he works at Chiang Mai Habitat. Nice guy, honest with me.

2/5 Sukkasem Rd. (Soi Condo 103 Project 3), Chiang Mai.

Tel. 217-769, fax 215-606

Good luck :o

Good stuff Ajarn, I found some interesting stuff on both sites you posted and you are correct about us driving around aimlessly looking for houses to rent. Much thanks for your input.

=Goat Roper,Fri 2004-05-28, 08:08:46 Good stuff Ajarn, I found some interesting stuff on both sites you posted and you are correct about us driving around aimlessly looking for houses to rent. Much thanks for your input.

Goat Roper (euphemism for what, pray tell:)), I must say that I myself spend the vast majority of my free time driving quasi-aimlessly around...The scene is always changing- and this time of year eveything is so green and clean...:D

Even if you don't find a house, I'm sure each adventure out into the unknown is still filled with interesting visions and experiences. I'm still excited about living here. So much to explore, to wonder about, to pull your hair out about... :o

It must be your lucky day! We have a 2 Bed fully furnished Apt (excluding linen), over our Pub/Bar with private entrance coming available 1st June, and we accept short term lease. Can help with maid/driver as well. Location is quiet on the Ping River (the bar is not noisy either). Check out the location, menu etc., at The Bear's Den. Let me know if you are interested.

It must be your lucky day! We have a 2 Bed fully furnished Apt (excluding linen), over our Pub/Bar with private entrance coming available 1st June, and we accept short term lease. Can help with maid/driver as well. Location is quiet on the Ping River (the bar is not noisy either). Check out the location, menu etc., at The Bear's Den. Let me know if you are interested.

Looks very good Bear but will have to pass, we are looking for a place outside the city, want to turn ourselves into country folks. Good luck, I'm sure you won't have any problems renting your place.

Hi if you are still looking there is a A/C twobedroom furnished bungalow oppisite where I live in Norng Jom about 10 k. from town just off the majeoroad 4.000 baht a month looking for places to rent is not to easy if youcant read Thai but if your interested in this place it just in front of the city homes complex good friendly village

Hi if you are still looking there is a A/C twobedroom furnished bungalow oppisite where I live in Norng Jom about 10 k. from town just off the majeoroad 4.000 baht a month looking for places to rent is not to easy if youcant read Thai but if your interested in this place it just in front of the city homes complex good friendly village

Thanks for the info, I will surely be interested albeit it may be a few weeks before I get back up.

• 3 weeks later...

Khunphilip,

I passed through your area last week headed north on my bike, we spent about an hour looking for your village but was not successful, could not find anyone who actually knew where "City homes complex" was so we moved on. We will be back up in about three weeks (again on my motorcycle) and will look again if you would be kind enough to give addtitional directions.

• 1 year later...

Khunphilip,

I passed through your area last week headed north on my bike, we spent about an hour looking for your village but was not successful, could not find anyone who actually knew where "City homes complex" was so we moved on. We will be back up in about three weeks (again on my motorcycle) and will look again if you would be kind enough to give addtitional directions.