Would-be child-sex 'whistle blower' faces transfer

webfact

Would-be child-sex 'whistle blower' faces transfer
By The Nation

dc167ae4e1113dc48966a823329ad08d.jpeg

Mae Sa Riang district deputy chief Boonyarit Nipawanit

MAE HONG SONG: -- The Mae Hong Song district official who accused the province’s governor, Suebsak Iamwichan, of being involved in a child-prostitution ring, is to be transferred to Ubon Ratchathani on July 11.

Mae Sa Riang district deputy chief Boonyarit Nipawanit, who also chairs the Federation of Assistant District Chiefs of Thailand, is to be reassigned to Ubon Ratchatani’s Pibul Mangsahan district, according to an order signed by Pairoj Leungpairoj, acting director-general of the Interior Ministry’s Provincial Administration Department. 

Boonyarit speculated on Thursday that the transfer order might have stemmed from a recent meeting of provincial administrators at which Suebsak presided. 

He believed he had upset authorities with his calls for high-ranking officials involved in child prostitution to be punished. 

He had also publicly alleged that recruiting officials in eight local administrative bodies were being offered Bt500,0000-Bt600,000 for lofty positions. 

“My transfer from a northern border province to another on the northeastern border definitely amounts to bullying,” Boonyarit said, “because it affects my family, who live in Chiang Mai, and my ability to travel around to give testimony in various cases against high-ranking officials and about corruption in the province.”

The transfer would not prevent him from following through on his complaints, he vowed. 

He planned to sue Provincial Administration Department executives who launched a disciplinary probe against him for talking to the news media about complaints he’d received from injured parties.

Boonyarit alleged that Suebsak had been identified as a customer of an underage prostitute. The governor was transferred to an inactive post in Bangkok pending the investigation that followed and then cleared of any such involvement. He resumed his duties in Mae Hong Son on June 19.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30320046

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-06

He believed he had upset authorities with his calls for high-ranking officials involved in child prostitution to be punished. 

He had also publicly alleged that recruiting officials in eight local administrative bodies were being offered Bt500,0000-Bt600,000 for lofty positions. 

I would say he would be correct on both matters !

I read the article and the posts and at first I agreed. Now I've second thoughts. Doubts even.

I don't know who has authorised the transfer but it just could be that he is being moved for his own safety. This is such a high profile case that if he was now to commit 'suicide' or some awful accident come his way it will make a case that is not looking good, worse.

He is a jewel amongst the pebbles. Maybe someone is trying to protect him? There must be Thais 'up-top' that think as he does on this. 

27 minutes ago, clockman said:

This I what the country needs. Whistle blowers, Not submarines!

Really? From parking lot attendants to traffic cops, they're all doing it.    But yes, of course, you're quite right.:thumbsup:

Where have I heard this before?

Someone was onto some "untouchables" in a murder and rape case and suddenly is transferred to another post!

Hmmmmm...it's on the tip of my tongue...hmmm...>coughkohtaocough<

:coffee1: 

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

I would say he would be correct on both matters !

being correct and having it acted upon or even being recognised are so far removed from each other you could be on another planet.

Where is the Prime Minister, this is a case he should intervene in and sort out.Maybe its not sexy hip thrust but a real case of an officer carrying through on what the PM promised over three years ago.To go after the corrupt and those who did not do the right thing by the country. Show us that what you said Mr.PM was not just window dressing . 

Where is the Prime Minister, this is a case he should intervene in and sort out.Maybe its not sexy hip thrust but a real case of an officer carrying through on what the PM promised over three years ago.To go after the corrupt and those who did not do the right thing by the country. Show us that what you said Mr.PM was not just window dressing . 

1 minute ago, Paul Henry said:

Give it some time. It's a difficult task for every artist to write poems and songs with lyrics around child abuse and corruption in a way the simpletons enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

This is Thailand, only the window dressing counts, you shouldn't upset people that would show a lack of Thainess

At the moment we have a tribunal in Ireland concerning a whistleblower policeman.  False reports of sexual abuse against him, transferred to different station etc. difference is that in Ireland he is gonna win win win. He will get a huge settlement and his whistleblowing has resulted in a wide ranging exposure of police malpractice with one Commissioner already gone and the new  Commissioner under pressure to resign ! 

46 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Where have I heard this before?

Someone was onto some "untouchables" in a murder and rape case and suddenly is transferred to another post!

Hmmmmm...it's on the tip of my tongue...hmmm...>coughkohtaocough<

:coffee1: 

Or had to leave the country 

But on the other side you see all this great protection of kids (events that occured at schools & ect ) then this pops up 

But as a poster pointed out we dont know the full story & maybe never will as the news is the news 

Archived