New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

webfact

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting, back in Oz when I applied for my Mrs to get a permanent residency visa, she had to provide police checks from back in Thailand, this was again carried out when she applied for her Citizenship.

Perhaps they are catching with the rest if the world, no doubt if it isn't BS, we will have to provide them with some more paperwork, oh, dear, oh my...

To get an O A visa for Thailand in my country I have to provide a police check. Has been so for many years.

I think this is just part of a push to dissuade farangs from staying long time in Thailand, as evidenced by the increasing demands for irrelevant details when applying for a retirement extension.

Worked with me, as I no longer wish to stay in Thailand till I die, as I used to. I no longer feel as though they want me to stay, like they used to years ago.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

New long tern visa application to determine of you the Falang are  considered a dangerous person: if yes comment below the question.

1. Have you ever shot or intend to shoot anyone:  Yes/No 

2. Have you ever stabbed another person in anger or do you intent to do so: Yes/No  

3. Have you ever used a baseball bat to hit a car window in anger for being cut off or hit by another car: Yes/No

4. Have you ever beat someone unconscious with a gang and kept kicking the unconscious person in the head, or intent to: Yes/No

5. Have you ever ripped a gold chain of another person/s neck while being a passenger on a motorbike: Yes/No,  

6. Have you ever killed someone while driving a vehicle and being under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Yes/No

When you have completed these answers, see the immigration office and hand him this paper, attach money to it to receive paper 2 which have more questions for you, so that we can determine if you will place any danger upon our calm and smiley society.

1. Are you a netizen trying to hide your working activities from immigration?

2. Do you own land, property or businesses in your Thai wife`s name?

3. Are you running a farm in a Thai persons name?

4. Do you not have a criminal record in your own country and can you prove it?

5. Are you paying an agency to assist with meeting your annual immigration requirements?

He is a newly appointed immigration chief. He has to make a public statement - it's tradition. The statement needs to sound as if issued by a competent officer, it should contain the care for country, monarchy and Prayuth (:tongue:). Anyway, he ticks off most points like a good bureaucrat, but that's really all, just the right words for the right ears. In the end it's what he actually does that counts.

19 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I just returned from Savannakhet with a 90 day multiple entry visa, which I can "recharge" every 90 days by stepping out of the Kingdom.
Is one year to be "long stay", or does the requirement to exit make it a serial short stay?
Can I do this until the last 30 days, and then apply for a one year extension based on retirement?
And now to segue back to the original topic, is the "new broom" going to do anything about IO officers who want 16,000 baht to "smooth the path" for a 1,999 baht non "O" visa, (and who knows what other schemes)?
Is it really a department requirement to travel to Bkk to Foreign Affairs department to have them notarize (stamp)  an already US Embassy notarized statement of income?
Is it an immigration/RTP policy to require your landlord's ID card, house book, etc., etc.,  as proof of place of  residency? Isn't the landlord supposed to report all that? Or is this an instance of somebody is too lazy to enforce this on Thai landlords  and "we will just shift it to the damned farangs"? 
My small act of rebellion was to go to Savannakhet and get my visa, at a savings after travel, hotels, etc., of over 4,000 baht, and included an upgrade to the 5,000 baht multiple entry visa.
This is not just TV bitching and moaning. I really would like to know if the system is really just totally corrupt and anarchistic, or is there an actual set of rules and laws that is supposed to govern these procedures?

I would answer, but I don't want to put in the file of those saying something about Thailand that would not be approved of when the "deep investigation" includes handing over our forum password and username.

3 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

He is a newly appointed immigration chief. He has to make a public statement - it's tradition. The statement needs to sound as if issued by a competent officer, it should contain the care for country, monarchy and Prayuth (:tongue:). Anyway, he ticks off most points like a good bureaucrat, but that's really all, just the right words for the right ears. In the end it's what he actually does that counts.

A while back someone brought in the stupid and pointless "spy" form for us to fill out whenever doing anything at immigration. Even the staff thought it was a waste of time and it is no longer a requirement.

It was a pain in the butt while it was used though.

Same could happen with this new dictat.

Better hire a hell of a lot more staff if they want to get hard on checking people out more. Visa agent I use has a stack of foreign passports literally touching the ceiling, and if they give up rubber stamping the agents and scrutinizing them all those long term stay application better go in 11 months early. 

I'm living in Thailand for 15 years, now on a marry visa for 7 years.

Every year I have to provide tons of papers, photos, funds, thai witness etc..

I never had a problem and they want to investigate more ?

One thing I'm sure is that if my thai wife was living with me in France, it would take her only a few years to have the french citizenship/ID card.

54 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

The same could be said about the US, Europe, Australia, etc. It's convenient to blame/ban foreigners.

Fortunately here at Thai Visa we use the opposite approach of blaming anything that goes wrong anywhere in the world on Thais and Thailand.

I wonder why so many TV posters are so anxious about such a meaningless politically inspired comment from an Immigration Officer. Me thinks they doth protest too much.

WUM alert!

Any Visa applicant other than 30-90 day

tourist visa MUST SUBMIT a police report

from their country, state, home jurisdictions 

proving there is no arrest or warrant for

their arrest pending ...All arrest for the last

7 years must be listed.  Failure to submit

this document is an automatic, PERMANENT

DENIAL of entry to the Kingdom.   This should

help keep "the Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out"

Having just gone through the whole thread and reread the article, I am a little surprised no one has picked up on the fact that while the overwhelming majority of long term visa holders are above board in the first instance, that he is not apparently concerned about, or certainly not mentioning the thousands of people out there on visa overstays.

It strikes me that if he really wants the no good sort out of the country, tracking down those people would be far more beneficial.

2 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

How about controlling the officers in charge not to take anymore bribes?! You want only good and honest foreigners, how about start being honest yourself? 

What are you talking about?

Except the semi-official price for the "free" Attestation of Residence,

it's many years that I didn't heard of any bribe at Chonburi Immigration Office ... :unsure:

24 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

1. Are you a netizen trying to hide your working activities from immigration?

2. Do you own land, property or businesses in your Thai wife`s name?

3. Are you running a farm in a Thai persons name?

4. Do you not have a criminal record in your own country and can you prove it?

5. Are you paying an agency to assist with meeting your annual immigration requirements?

Re these salient  points

Is it considered bad form if you get a "full house":coffee1:

1 hour ago, animatic said:

New guy in the chair MUST say something big and show his strength. Yada yada yada.

Could be, however I know from a high ranked immigration officer that their real intention is to make it really difficult or unattractive to apply for a long term visa

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I'm not sure what to make out of this statements....

Such a vague statement, it really could mean anything by saying ' to insure

people with a long term visa are safe in this country, followed by ' we

will deeply investigate all those who wish to have long term visa '

so what were they doing so far? not investigation those who wanted

long terms visa?....

I think his first job should be to employ a forienger to do their immagration website cos it does not work more than it does work and i mean the 90 day online. Every new boss bangs the drum but it ends up the same same. Please try stopping the tea money. Pay more and get better trained staff. The other day i go to do my 90 day. They open at 8.30 but one of the staff was still playing on his phone at 8.55am. Bigger boss behind doing nothing no paper work nothing. Very unprofessional. So please new boss how long before our old retirement visa expires can we apply to enable you to do a proper vetting job. At first you make what you say sound like you will make it safer for us to live here then you changed it round the other way. Please you must deciede if you want retirees here cos there is an underlying no thai wants us here. I spend at least 100000 baht a month here. Wifes pocket money. 2 thai nieces i help with school and give them pocket money and i put 1000 baht into both their bank accounts for when they start uni for which i will pay for. Do you want thais to loose out on that ? Bang your drum ok but please sort out your own house first. Use foriengers to see what YOUR staff should be doing but are not. Ok not your area but how can police go to 20 massage and find no prostitution 10 days ago as reported in thai visa. Ok so welcome to your new job but if foriengers are given so much stick we might just go back. Do you realise malayasia gives 10 year visa.

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

What are you talking about?

Except the semi-official price for the "free" Attestation of Residence,

it's many years that I didn't heard of any bribe at Chonburi Immigration Office ... :unsure:

So making it possible "for a fee"  to people who don't have the funds to get a retirement extension is not considered corruption?

From all the posts I have seen here regarding that practice, I never read that they got a receipt.

This is great news.

First all the corruption will be stamped out, then only non-criminal expats will be allowed into the area.

Combined with the end of prostitution, Pattaya's really going to go through some drastic changes in the next few months.

/s

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

So making it possible "for a fee"  to people who don't have the funds to get a retirement extension is not considered corruption?

Of course it is, but I really doubt that it's a "service" available at Jomtien Immigration Office... :unsure:

Squeezenpay as usual, crackdown as usual, no results as usual......

I just hope that comprehensive reform of the BIB will reveal by far the biggest criminal gang in the country.

Not holding my breath.........

But an amusing idea anyway!

Archived