“Philip Roller” : a new face to watch in Thai football

rooster59

“Philip Roller” : a new face to watch in Thai football

philip-roller050717.jpg

Philip Roller, the 23-year old Thai-German right-back of Ratchaburi Mitr Phol FC, has recently been recruited into the 25-member of the King’s Cup national football team by the team’s head coach, Milovan Rajevac.

Roller who arrived in Thailand just a couple of months ago and only played four games in the Thai League with Ratchaburi Mitr Phol FC, said he was very proud to play in the Thai national team.

“I called my family to tell them about this and they are very proud of me, especially my mother because she is Thai,” said the young right-back.

He vowed to train hard and to do his best and to show his worth, firstly with the Ratchaburi Mitr Phol FC, and eventually the national team so he would be able to stay long there. 

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/philip-roller-new-face-watch-thai-football/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-08

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

love the kings cup in recent years its poularity has really grown  and made for some great entertainment.

Apparently the Bangkok Post and certain 'Brit Bloggers':coffee1: disagree with you:violin:

11 minutes ago, wilai said:

Apparently the Bangkok Post and certain 'Brit Bloggers':coffee1: disagree with you:violin:

well the first few times i went 7ish years ago?  thailand played to nearly empty stadiams and virtually no press/media coverage. last time i went there, which was last year  were decent crowds and decent atmospheres. As for the footie, go expecting prem la liga standard and your gonna be disapointed. its footie , But  i think its good  supporting 'local' football its healthy for the game.

^"its good  supporting 'local' football its healthy for the game"

I like to think that EVERYBODY on this forum can agree with that. There's a lot to be said for going to watch your local or park football team (woodley athletic, hyde united snd stockport county in my case).

22 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

well the first few times i went 7ish years ago?  thailand played to nearly empty stadiams and virtually no press/media coverage. last time i went there, which was last year  were decent crowds and decent atmospheres. As for the footie, go expecting prem la liga standard and your gonna be disapointed. its footie , But  i think its good  supporting 'local' football its healthy for the game.

I agree mate, but on the other thread, it is being slagged for being a waste of time. 

(game against N Korea just started on Thairath TV)

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

I agree mate, but on the other thread, it is being slagged for being a waste of time. 

(game against N Korea just started on Thairath TV)

yeah one year south korea sent the u 21/olympic team and they were decent, they had some proper footballers, next year think they got through to the

olypic semis, but that day the stad was virtually  empty with no tv or paper coverage. as for 'a waste of time' same arguement as for any international friendly, me i'm of the school that international managers and teams need time togetether making it useful not a waste of time

Archived