Cop murders cop in gruesome Pattaya "headless corpse" slaying

webfact

Cop murders cop in gruesome Pattaya "headless corpse" slaying

5pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A former Pattaya cop is in custody after the murder of an ex-colleague found headless in a local reservoir.

Four men have been charged with murder over something that began with an unpaid debt of just 3,000 baht.

The body of volunteer cop Jirayu Srithanu, 23, was found by a member of the public in the deserted area on Friday afternoon. The corpse was headless but was identified due to the victim's Thai ID being in his pocket.

An urgent police investigation by Nong Preu cops resulted in the arrest of four men yesterday.

They are former volunteer cop Somkiat Jankrajang, 36, the leader of the gang, and three associates.

One was a friend of the victim called Weerawong "Ton" Kliangsamphao, aged 20. Also arrested was Theera Thatsa, 18.

The other is a juvenile aged 17 given the assumed name of "Petch".

Officer Rapanat Chayanphat of the Nong Preu police said that the investigation centered on the mother of the victim and posts that had been made on Facebook.

This soon let to the gang who have admitted their involvement and been charged with premeditated murder. The three adults have been ordered held while the fourth is being detained by the juvenile court.

Rapanat said that the problem started several months ago when the victim did not repay a 3,000 baht debt to Somkiat.

Both Somkiat and Jirayu were volunteer cops on the same detail.

On June 30th Weerawong lured his friend on a motorcycle to a depot in Soi Chaiyapreuk, Jomtien where Somkiat worked as a security guard and all the men were drinking. An argument soon developed in which Jirayu was attacked with a bottle.

He was later transported by pick-up and dumped in the isolated spot before Weerawong attacked him with a "Sparta" chef's knife and kicked the body into the reservoir.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-10

the mind boggles, as if they think they could get away with this brutal murder. yep. shit for brains. so now 5 families have lost bread winners. for what. ok in the light of day 3000 isn't a lot of dosh, for us on here but when your poor its a tidy old sum of money.

6 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

a debt of 3000 bht

Life is cheap in Thailand,...!?!?,...remember the security guard that was killed by a colleague for a 20 Thb depth a few months ago...?!?!?

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Life is definitely cheap when you can get murdered for such a pathetic amount of money. Five young lives all ruined for peanuts. Thailand never ceases to amaze me.

darksidedog, didn't you see the advertisement before you came to Thailand. "Amazing Thailand" , yet you wrote "Thailand never ceases to amaze me". Bewildered, stunned, flabbergasted?

In early century in Europe a fungus growth on the wheat made a large number of people went crazy. They were in the streets laughing, crying, dancing and some chopping people with butcher's knives. Have the rice in Thailand gone moldy? 

Cops cops cops mentioned in crime as much as the criminals. Now I know why so called condo suicedes are immedietly ruled as that! Police here have simple solutions for peanut money!

By the way where is Red Bull.No word Mr Prosecutor? Why am I so surprised!

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Life is definitely cheap when you can get murdered for such a pathetic amount of money. Five young lives all ruined for peanuts. Thailand never ceases to amaze me.

Two or three years ago a Bangkok taxi driver killed an American because of a dispute over 100 baht. Life is not only cheap here, it has no value at all.

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How long before Somkiat is back patrolling the streets of Pattaya on his "volunteer cop" status?

My guess is that none of the four will do more than 18 months in jail.

17 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

My guess is that none of the four will do more than 18 months in jail.

The ex Muay Thai guy who stabbed a Russian tourist in 2015 and was convicted, and just this week was arrested again for threatening to kill a Brit shop owner, apparently was back out on the streets in that much time or possibly less, depending on when exactly he was convicted.

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

NOTHING amazes me here any more...NOTHING.

Archived