cutethaigirl

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi' :D

is it working yet?

well ... hmm hmm , not really :o

but we met twice, as meadish-sweetball said on a wenesday and a friday ...

and then nothing happened ...

we, for most (may I speak for some I know?), we did enjoy these meetings, and are willing to get some more, just to see each-other, talks, shared experiences and so on ...

nice mood, good feelings, worth to come by ...

we had set the meeting in the mango tree restaurant that belong to a member ...

some might not have appreciate this .. anyway, we are ready for another try ...

please, don't tell me that I'm the only one :D

I'll go to mango tree next wenesday around 6h30pm ...

I'll wait and see :D

see you there if you want to ...

cheers

francois

ps; mango tree restaurant is on Loi Kroh at your right hand side on the beginning of the road.

Okey then.. Wednesday evening it is. What time was that again, like 7pm or so?

As for other places suggested, I finally made it to Home restaurant this morning. Liked the setting and the big bird cage they have. On the down side they had run out of cheese. :o But I do like the place, has potential to be a nice 'bar' as well in the evening.. but that would depend on it being busy.. Liked the big menu that even includes a very good selection of Muang food (Chiang Mai / Northern food).

Main plus seems to be that the Mrs. like Home restaurant.. It's completely out of the question to bring her to anywhere near the bottom end of Loi Kroh.

Cheers,

Chanchao

hi'

thanks chanchao :D

I hope to meet you wenesday :D

BUT ...

anyway, what you say is true, Loi Kroh is a bit "missplaced" for our mrs ...

(sorry p1p), I do understand that the reputation of the street makes it someway a bit

"red-hot" for our mrs ...

I do like the restaurant, the music and the atmosphere ... but ...

how can they believe(our mrs) that we only look at each-other when we have a drink outside ...

we might decide to try another place, but we do need a well precise explanation of how to get there, that's why I thought that for a restart, we should go to mango tree coz it's easy to find, especially for our visitors from outside of Chiang Mai .. and we'll have some wenesday :D

so, what do you think?

it's bit late to change for our next meeting, but in the future ?

I would like to know where did you find this place, we were talking about with Ajarn last day and could not figure out where it was ... :o

I'd like to try this place.

cheers

francois

ps; I'll contact p1p to see if everything is ok ...

we might ban a subject though as it's still sensitive here ... some would understand.

for now : Mango Tree restaurant around 6h30pm/7pm

this wenesday ! 12th of May

No change for this Wednesday: Mango Tree it is.

Then for future gettogethers, let's also discuss that over dinner at Mango Tree.. I do like the idea of a place where 'expats naturally congregate' as has been mentioned before. This way, even when attendance is low, you're just at a place where you likely would have liked to spend some time anyway.

I liked Home Restaurant when I visited there, (first TINY little alley when you drive along the moat towards Thapae Gate, just after passing Chang Moi road) BUT I'm not going to sit there by myself if it's not 'naturally' busy in evenings.

Cheers,

Chanchao

You're trying again this Wednesday? Good effort. Maybe I should get my old bum over there as well then. 6.30 PM.

I've been at Home three times in the evening so far, and on two occasions it was not too busy - not quite half full, and the third time it was almost packed. It is probably gaining in popularity by word of mouth...

What's the secret password for this Wednesday? :o

> Can somone fill me in on Loy Khroy, whats wrong with it?

It has loads of girlie bars in that area. Which I don't mind at all, however when you bring your wife/girlfriend there then she may object to the scene, or think that on future meetings it's just a place to meet to go bar hopping.

I do commend Mango Tree for also helping to change the image of the area.. If one or two places follow then Loi Kroh may become a more respectable place to be caught dead in. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

It has loads of girlie bars in that area. Which I don't mind at all, however when you bring your wife/girlfriend there then she may object to the scene, or think that on future meetings it's just a place to meet to go bar hopping.

I do commend Mango Tree for also helping to change the image of the area.. If one or two places follow then Loi Kroh may become a more respectable place to be caught dead in.

right well said :D

agree agree :o

cheers

francois

I do commend Mango Tree for also helping to change the image of the area.. If one or two places follow then Loi Kroh may become a more respectable place to be caught dead in.

right well said :D

agree agree :o

cheers

francois

I had heard a rumour that the Girlie Bars there were going to be knocked down, anyone know any more or different? But then it was a real estae agent that told me that!

The reason I am so keen to know is that there is a business for sale down there, (not flesh trade) that I am looking at, but it does not open at night so the Girlie Bar thing does not apply, but does anyone walk down it for any other reason than looking for girlie bars?, and does anyone go down there during the day?

I am looking for some advice from you Chaing Mai old timers here, it would really help me a lot, I have already made two bad business calls in LOS, and I dont want to make any more, look forward to what you have to say. Thank you in advance.

Are lurkers (GUESTS) welcome?  If so, is the Mango Tree closer to the moat or Charoen Prathet Road?  Thanks.

VERY WELCOME indeed!! In fact it will be my own first visit as well this wednesday (tomorrow/today depending on when you read this)

> If so, is the Mango Tree closer to the moat or Charoen Prathet Road?

Very close to the moat. When going by Red Bus, get off at Kotchasarn Road & Loi Kroh Road. It's like the third or fourth place up Loi Kroh, in between all the bars. (But don't let that distract you)

When going by car, it's probably easiest to park at DK Book Center, and walk around to corner on to Loi Kroh.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Many people have posted, written and said such things over the years. However they never seem to follow up their commendations with custom.

It's great to be commended, but commendations can not be used to pay the rent or wages.

Any business willing to break the bounds and "clean up" a red light area needs support from customers who agree, in principle, with what they are trying to do. Without YOUR support the business will inevitably fail and the red light area expand to claim another scalp.

Many "better halves", including royalty, frequent Mango Tree with their spouses both evening and daytime. So please give Mango Tree your support & help to clean our city up. Otherwise the area will inevitably revert to a worse carbunkle on a serene face.

I look forward to seeing those who dare come this evening...

Okay P, I did it. Will you please unlock the toilet now?
Need to speak wid da missus. Yours or mine, I forget. Anyway, this noze powdering ritual gets longer & longer.
My teeth are floating.

That X'plains a lot. Try changing the water.

Many people have posted, written and said such things over the years. However they never seem to follow up their commendations with custom.

It's great to be commended, but commendations can not be used to pay the rent or wages.

Any business willing to break the bounds and "clean up" a red light area needs support from customers who agree, in principle, with what they are trying to do. Without YOUR support the business will inevitably fail and the red light area expand to claim another scalp.

Many "better halves", including royalty, frequent Mango Tree with their spouses both evening and daytime. So please give Mango Tree your support & help to clean our city up. Otherwise the area will inevitably revert to a worse carbunkle on a serene face.

I look forward to seeing those who dare come this evening...

I have nothing against p1p or Mango Tree, but this crap about trying to "clean up" Loi Kroa is nothing but self-serving balderdash!

p1p had another restaurant near Thapae Gate. The food was fairly good, but the prices were out-of-line for what was mostly hamburgers and hot dogs.

The place never did very well, and then his landlord refused to renew his lease, so he had to move.

The Kiwi that owned the Mango Tree at the time was rich and had been practically giving away his food. He kept the place really neat and clean, and had gotten a lot of good reviews and attention from local magazines but really he was losing money hand over fist.

Anyway, right before p1p got interested, the Kiwi raised the prices of the food considerably, and then p1p bought in, and kept simular prices.

Nothing to do with saving the city; an established restaraunt in a pretty good location.

The "save the area" hype was started by the Kiwi, but he was gay, and used to hit the boy bars elsewhere and go around fondling the staff for free!

This site really is just chock full of hypocrites! :o

The "save the area" hype was started by the Kiwi, but he was gay, and used to hit the boy bars elsewhere and go around fondling the staff for free!

I am not familiar with this Mango Tree having not visited any place on Loi Khroh for years, but the location places is it perhaps in or adjacent to the drinking establishment once run by Deng and Peter (R.I.P.) one of the more, how shall we say, dysfunctional gay couples I have ever met.

I have driven down that street in the evenings and frankly, by Thai tourist nightlife standards, I find it, as well as most of Chiang Mai, rather tame.

Let me just say I had a GREAT time meeting everyone last night at Mango Tree, and that it's a great little place with great food and an even greater host! :o

I'll definitely come back there for future meetings & food..

Cheers,

Chanchao