Police bank on clues from survivor in Krabi massacre

webfact

17 hours ago, sweatalot said:

" An official who was murdered alongside his entire family Monday was at the forefront of efforts to crack down on land encroachment"

If that's true the government should put on their iron gloves against land encroachers and better engage the military, not the police

Depends on who was doing the encroaching.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, Monkeyrobot said:

There not nice people down south. 

Not much different than anywhere else in Thailand where crooked officials steal land from the people, and accept payments to help influential people do it, too.

I am sure the police and everybody else knows the group behind the attack and the reasons for it.

The police here now have to decide what outcome is the preferred one. It is very important to know what evidence has got into the public domain so the police can twist the official story so that it does not dramatically contradict the available facts.

As ever in Thai police investigations, they are outcome-led rather than evidence-led.

19 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I am sure the police and everybody else knows the group behind the attack and the reasons for it.

I'm not so sure.  Some linked articles portray the guy as a crusader against illegal land encroachment with current lawsuits pending in at least 8 cases, and a long list of others who have been on the receiving end of his investigations and reforms.  (Of course, there's always the possibility he was just changing the names on the land documents from one encroacher to another...  But I'd like to think he was one of the good guys.)

The police may know, or they may just have a long list of probables.

In any case, I'm pretty sure his replacement (and associates) will comprehend the message, much to the detriment of the Kingdom.

Archived