Entry denied Bangkok Airport

I'm in the Deportation room and wondering how and where to appeal against my deportation. My entry was denied at Suvarnabhumi Airport because of to many Tourist Visas in the past. I had all the necessary paper with me. Onward flight back to Europe, Tourist Visa, booking confirmations and 25000 baht cash. 

How long could the appeal process take and are there some people did it before?

Or are there any other options? Call my embassy? If I sign the deportation paper, will I be able to entry in the future?

I just saw the stamp on my passport, it says entry refused because of Section 12 (3).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kohphanganlover said:

@Ubonjoe Does it make sense to appeal if I don't have a monthly income. I traveling more than 1,5 years in Asia with my savings. 

If you can demonstrate - with bank statements or a Thai bank book that you are in receipt of a regular  adequate "income"  of say 65,000 Bht/month from overseas it matters not where that originates -------------

Whether to appeal or not is a personal decision. Remember that you are likely to remain in detention whilst any appeal is considered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Was there a 60 day tourist visa in your passport or were you asking for a 30 day visa exempt stamp from them?

It seems he had one. From the OP.

1 hour ago, Kohphanganlover said:

I had all the necessary paper with me. Onward flight back to Europe, Tourist Visa, booking confirmations and 25000 baht cash. 

• Like 1

Isn't it there had been comments elsewhere that up to now no one with a SETV and money in hand + ticket etc had been refused entry? Maybe the "now" has arrived.

There are 1000s of people arrive at suwannapum every day. Surely lots of these ppl have SETVs, cash plus onward ticket and have spent time in the country before. But yet it seems like a little game of "just pick out a few people" each day to keep the deportation room occupied to whatever level. I heard they charge people 700 baht per day spent in there. SMH

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, "now" has apparently arrived.  This would be the first confirmed case of someone with a Tourist Visa + 20K+ Baht being denied entry. 

He even had an outgoing ticket, which is not necessary if you enter with a Visa - still not good enough. 

As I have been saying for a long time, Airport Immigration is a game of roulette for those with a frequent and/or longer-stay history in Thailand.  The only question is when/if this will start happening at land-borders - but at least you aren't stuck in detention, if denied there.

Re: New passport - as the Thai Consulate personnel will tell you to do.
Re: Hotel and Airline bookings - he had a legit airline-booking, it would seem.  It made no difference.  I am not aware if hotel-booking was even discussed - he may have a rental-contract

But none of this was the reason for denial.  It is based on 'suspicion' of working.  If he was from a poor-nation, that might make sense.  He isn't.  This isn't about illegal workers or 'scams' - it is about 'removing longer-staying foreigners' from Thailand before they can put down roots, marry, etc.  There are other threads discussing the increasing set of hurdles for other visa-types, so I won't go OT here with the list.

Regarding swapping passports, Thai consulates are not Immigration.It's based on the fact of living here on Tourist visas, plain and simple. As there is nothing written in Law against it, they will use the law of suspicion of working, every time if you have everything else in order. Immigration have to prove nothing. Just the suspicion is enough. Expect more of it. If you think he's the only one this week, you may be surprised. 

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, perthperson said:

If you can demonstrate - with bank statements or a Thai bank book that you are in receipt of a regular  adequate "income"  of say 65,000 Bht/month from overseas it matters not where that originates -------------

Whether to appeal or not is a personal decision. Remember that you are likely to remain in detention whilst any appeal is considered.

You can be sendiing the money to yourself from another bank account - all they need to see is the "income" in the form of a monthly amount.

The OP's age might be a factor. Younger tourists receive more suspicion of working here illegally.

Or his nationality.

... The OP could clarify here.

Does the OP have any history of previous denials at Thai immigration? Any red stamps in his passport from consulates or border officials?

Looking forward, will getting a new passport in his home country allow him to enter Thailand unhindered?

Airports are best avoided. Which land borders are best for him to cross?

25 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

You can be sendiing the money to yourself from another bank account - all they need to see is the "income" in the form of a monthly amount.

Read his post. He was denied entry for too many Tourist visas AND on suspicion of working. How you would actually prove your not working, i'm not sure.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Read his post. He was denied entry for too many Tourist visas AND on suspicion of working. How you would actually prove your not working, i'm not sure.

Too many tourist visas is not mentioned in the immigration act. 

Glad Thailand is a place I occasionally spend time. 

Hope your situation turns out okay. 

@UdornJoe : If somebody found themselves in a similar situation, but had a one year permit from Cambodia or a work permit from a neighboring country, what options do you have the event Thailand wishes to deport you ?  Can they try to put you on a flight back to your country of citizenship ?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Suspicion is not mentioned in the immigration act.

Maybe not but faced with someone who lives in Thailand using TVs etc who is unable to demonstrate an adequate income from overseas could well be "suspected" of working illegally. It would be for the individual to prove they are not. 

• Like 1

A lot of people seem to think they can just stay in Thailand as long as they like by getting multiple visas. Most countries restrict to a period of six months in a calendar year so why should Thailand be any different. For instance you cannot stay in Australia or New Zealand for  more than six months. If you want to stay longer you have to become a permanent resident, which incidentally is very costly.

4 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

If somebody found themselves in a similar situation, but had a one year permit from Cambodia or a work permit from a neighboring country, what options do you have the event Thailand wishes to deport you ?  Can they try to put you on a flight back to your country of citizenship ?

You cannot be deported if you never were allowed to enter the country. It is simply a denial of entry not deportation.

You can fly to anywhere with a denial of entry.

• Like 2

I can tell you that Canadian customs looks at a person's PP and from the recent activity can decide yes or NO the only recourse is to talk to a supervisor.  The issue they usually look at is the frequency, length of each stay and time in between.

That is all they need to make a decision to bar you from entry and send you home.

This is not just a Thai thing but a lot of other countries re doing it to cut down on the illegal immigrant sit

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You cannot be deported if you never were allowed to enter the country. It is simply a denial of entry not deportation.

You can fly to anywhere with a denial of entry.

Wasn't there some ASEAN rule where if you get rejected by one country you could not go to another country unless you had current visa is use like a work permit or perhaps the Cambodian long term visas ?