Entry denied Bangkok Airport

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

jesus. you don't believe that. the junta didn't do anything wrong. just a bit of a clear out. about time

the girls are hot in Vietnam. i'll give you that. anything else? no. bkk is the best city in asia. you might have had a bad experience. lick your wounds 5555 moan and bitch about it. hope you're happy where you are

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I agree it primarily affects those with a history of longer-stays.  Visa Exempts are one thing - with their own separate rule-set.  Tourist Visas cannot be "abused" other than violation of their terms (not working, not overstaying, etc).  The fellow turned-away with 25K Baht and a Tourist Visa followed the rules.  As others have pointed out, what "they say" goes - rules/laws or not - which is sad.

I mentioned VOA for other countries (not Thailand), as the only use I had for the USD I brought here, other than to satisfy Immigration entry-requirements.

I agree people should find out about this rule, and should carry the cash, because this rule is being enforced.  I hope more learn of this rule, so their plans are not derailed by an antique rule, combined with an absence of ATMs between incoming aircraft and Immigration control.

Jack you are posting drama filled nonsense, how many bonafide real tourists have been refused entry 

for any reason, in the only, yes only, current cases that have come to light recently the 2 people involved 

had many recent back to back tourist/exempt entries and one did not comply with the money requirements.

In addition to this they were unable to come up with satisfactory answers to the IO's questions and were

rightly denied entry. They caused this problem themselves, no one else.

Please stop blowing this non event out of all proportion, ALL OF YOU.

Edited by phuketjock
addition
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Jack you are posting drama filled nonsense, how many bonafide real tourists have been refused entry 

for any reason, in the only, yes only, current cases that have come to light recently the 2 people involved 

had many recent back to back tourist/exempt entries and one did not comply with the money requirements.

In addition to this they were unable to come up with satisfactory answers to the IO's questions and were

rightly denied entry. They caused this problem themselves, no one else.

Please stop blowing this non event out of all proportion, ALL OF YOU.

I am not blowing anything out of proportion.  I already agreed with you, that people who have come less frequently and/or stayed for short periods of time are not currently affected.  Unfortunately, we don't know where "the line" is - so no way to know when/if one is crossing it.

But this involves far more than 2 persons - and has affected people who haven't been in Thailand for weeks, months, etc - if you have read reports here going back years, as I have.

Several have reported what they were told and, in many cases, the IOs quoted "rules" which do not exist.  Some got through, and some did not.  It is "making up the rules" and twisting the rules (no ATM access, while claiming lack of financial support) which is the problem.

When "bonafide" is defined / part of the Thai Law/Rules on those entering with Tourist Visas, we can discuss whether "rightly denied entry" should apply. 

Edited by JackThompson

Just now, JackThompson said:

I am not blowing anything out of proportion.  I already agreed with you, that people who have come less frequently and/or stayed for short periods of time are not currently affected.  

But this involves far more than 2 persons - and has affected people who haven't been in Thailand for weeks, months, etc - if you have read reports here going back years, as I have.

Several have reported what they were told and, in many cases, the IOs quoted "rules" which do not exist.  Some got through, and some did not.  It is "making up the rules" and twisting the rules (no ATM access, while claiming lack of financial support) which is the problem.

When "bonafide" is defined / part of the Thai Law/Rules on those entering with Tourist Visas, we can discuss whether "rightly denied entry" should apply. 

Jack go and research how many people are refused entry in ONE day, never mind "going back years", in the USA and come back and let us know

how bad Thailand is in comparison.

You and others ARE blowing this way out of proportion.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, perthperson said:

How many ?  

Going back how many years?   I have been a regular reader here for a few years, and have seen many cases of problems on Exempts, ED, and Tourist entries.  But, by all means, do not take my word for it.  The best way to research this, is to use google to search only this site, with various terms, and use operands to maximize hits:
So, for example - search:

refused OR denied airport site:thaivisa.com

That will return only results from this site.  Then, be sure to read all the replies, because many have additional reports of similar, otherwise-unreported incidents and detail.

19 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

and have seen many cases of problems on Exempts, ED, and Tourist entries.

All very vague and unconvincing --------  No actual numbers or links to reliable information. 

Why make this stuff up? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Going back how many years?   I have been a regular reader here for a few years, and have seen many cases of problems on Exempts, ED, and Tourist entries.  But, by all means, do not take my word for it.  The best way to research this, is to use google to search only this site, with various terms, and use operands to maximize hits:
So, for example - search:

refused OR denied airport site:thaivisa.com

That will return only results from this site.  Then, be sure to read all the replies, because many have additional reports of similar, otherwise-unreported incidents and detail.

Jack you are the one making the ridiculous claims you back up your claims don't ask others to

look for improbable support for your claims.

Then come back and tell us you can actually support what you are saying with facts please.

31 minutes ago, perthperson said:

All very vague and unconvincing --------  No actual numbers or links to reliable information. 

Why make this stuff up? 

Chicken Little Syndrome   ;-)