BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Death of Australian man parasailing in Phuket - two Thai men charged with negligence

Are you seriously asking how ?

Turn up to the beach one day. Chat to beach mafia.
Pay daily mafia beach permit.
Bring boat, parachute and equipment.
Write "Parasailing 350 baht"
Along comes Roger.

Dereliction of duty within the Phuket administration..as usual.....faulty equipment and incorrect documentation and my guess, no training whatsoever!

Why are their faces not in the picture?

Dereliction of duty within the Phuket administration..as usual.....faulty equipment and incorrect documentation and my guess, no training whatsoever!
Why are their faces not in the picture?

Whose these?4240931E00000578-4689660-The_two_staff_who_were_charged_were_named_as_the_parasilor_Rungr-a-11_1499872806922.jpg

5 hours ago, bra said:

This is getting extensive coverage on all Australian TV news channels today. Very bad publicity for Phuket and Thai tourism

But still they come.

... the equipment was faulty and that the necessary certification to operate such a business was not in order. ...

...Do you mean....'They were operating the business illegally, without permits or proper equipment, with total disregard of the law and the safety of tourists...'...?

...well why don't you say so.......!!!

...jeez....

... the equipment was faulty and that the necessary certification to operate such a business was not in order. ...

...Do you mean....'They were operating the business illegally, without permits or proper equipment, with total disregard of the law and the safety of tourists...'...?

...well why don't you say so.......!!!

...jeez....

Are you talking to me?

I doubt these men intended to hurt anyone. Just a horrible situation. 

4 minutes ago, GaryB1263 said:

I doubt these men intended to hurt anyone. Just a horrible situation. 

You don't have to have "intent" to be guilty of a crime in killing someone.

There's "reckless disregard" that also becomes criminal, such as when a drunk driver gets into a fatal crash. They didn't intend to kill the other person, but the law and civil society determines that they acted with reckless disregard or negligence that led to the loss of life.

In this case, it would seem there was plenty of negligence and reckless disregard to go around.

1 hour ago, frank0424 said:

No. Like living dangerously.

1 hour ago, frank0424 said:

Why do any activity that  can result in death?

Surely you jest?

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You don't have to have "intent" to be guilty of a crime in killing someone.

There's "reckless disregard" that also becomes criminal, such as when a drunk driver gets into a fatal crash. They didn't intend to kill the other person, but the law and civil society determines that they acted with reckless disregard or negligence that led to the loss of life.

In this case, it would seem there was plenty of negligence and reckless disregard to go around.

I know it TallGuy. But putting these men in jail will change nothing.

These guys will already be back in business. They need the money to pay the 500 baht each fines plus a lot more to pay off police and local officials.

I have just been watching reports of this on the Thai nightly news and they are saying the guy panicked and unhooked himself, and was in fact still in the harness when he fell. In the video , on the news, it certainly looks like he still has the harness on.