Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Station

webfact

Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Station

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

CM-696x522.jpg

CHIANG MAI — A British man was arrested Thursday morning for spray painting a wall at a railway station.

William Brian Zielinski, 38, was fined 4,000 baht after railway staff Somkid Deeloy filed a complaint against him to police for spray painting a wall at about 9am on Thursday in Chiang Mai Railway station.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/07/13/briton-arrested-spray-painting-chiang-mai-railway-station/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-13

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Def a bit foolish to do this in daylight, but the fine doesn't match the crime.  Reckless  driving killing cyclists normally gets less here.   Oops, sorry, forgot he was a foreigner....

The 4,000 wasn't a fine it was given to railway staff Somkid to repaint the  wall then he was released 

But the article is not clear if he was fined 4,000 Baht and also paid 4,000 Baht in compensation  to the  railway 

39 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

He should have been charged and made to repaint the wall himself as part of his punishment I doubt he would need a work permit for acting on police instructions His fine should also have been 40,000 not 4,000

Actually he would technically need a work permit, but they should still force him to completely paint the stations and buy the supplies to do it.... then be arrested for working without a work permit and fined, deported and blacklisted.

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

I would have thought it would cost more than 4000 baht to clean up that mess. All that paint has to be scrubbed off with sprit and then the whole wall including the doors will have to be repainted again, plus labour.  More like 15000 to 20000 baht I would guess. I`m British and that guy`s a representative for my country,. Makes me feel ashamed.

3 hours ago, Duvidl said:

There's no place for racial bigotry on this website.

With names like William and Brian, he is most probably British born I dare say. From eastern European father maybe?

You may condemn for a little bigotry but what the <deleted> do you mean with racial?? I think he (the spray painter) must surely be a caucasian. 

21 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

A very nasty bigoted comment from a small minded ignorant troll. Somebody's parents made a little ray of sunshine  all those years ago didn't they. Grub.

Same answer to you

16 minutes ago, Thechook said:

What a piece of garbage and at 38 he should be over immature ways.  Vandals should be put up against the wall and shot.

WE need to get the Police armed, drive around at night and shooting anyone they see vandalising

Archived