Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Station

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Saladin said:

They should have made this ignorant vandal repaint the wall, fined him a lot more than 4000 Baht, then put him on the first plane out of here.

Totally correct. It is due to suck jerks that farangs are despised, visa rules toughened with hassles....deport such "high quality farangs"!

4 hours ago, johncat1 said:

The 4,000 wasn't a fine it was given to railway staff Somkid to repaint the  wall then he was released 

But the article is not clear if he was fined 4,000 Baht and also paid 4,000 Baht in compensation  to the  railway 

I think your first sentence is correct, in which case he got off lightly!

16 minutes ago, moe666 said:

What an idiot 38 years old and still tagging walls

16 minutes ago, moe666 said:

What an idiot 38 years old and still tagging walls

Some idiots don't grow up - they just get more stupid!

But with a surname like that, one can only wonder about his parentage!

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Actually he would technically need a work permit, but they should still force him to completely paint the stations and buy the supplies to do it.... then be arrested for working without a work permit and fined, deported and blacklisted.

Sure you don't want him hung, drawn and quartered? I think ISIS needs you.

22 minutes ago, Winniej said:

Should have given the moron 5 years Jail

Surely hung, drawn and quartered is more appropriate! Are you out of your mind - 5 years in prison for painting graffiti! Geese!! They get less than that here for manslaughter or rape!

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I've had to go to that station a few times in the past.  Anything he painted HAD to be an improvement. :sorry:

Surely you're joking. Chiang Mai station is gorgeous. You're probably thinking of Hua Lamphong ....

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

What a piece of garbage and at 38 he should be over immature ways.  Vandals should be put up against the wall and shot.

You tell em. Shoot all vandals! Better still, save the bullet and hang him high eh. Or if you really want to be the hero send the lout to the guillotine. Maybe you can apply to the Thai Government as the state hangman. Are you man enough to kill someone for commiting grafitti? Well... are you?... You tell em!!

As posters have already stated, 38 years old. You think he would be a little smarter. He must be a late bloomer.

Hope his next trip is to Singapore and he tries this again, they know how to punish a vandal who does this.

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Well said Mr pratt.

Going by your previous posts, I would say that "Mr (P)pratt" would be more likely to apply to someone who seems to think that what this guy did was acceptable? Probably somebody who asks things like "How old was (were?) you then when you stopped?"

1 hour ago, aslimversgwm said:

Surely hung, drawn and quartered is more appropriate! Are you out of your mind - 5 years in prison for painting graffiti! Geese!! They get less than that here for manslaughter or rape!

He should be sent to jail so that are the hardnuts can sick their fingers up his aerosole

BFD. All the other spray paint on the wall? He is such a bad criminal. I have never seen such a horrible act. He is spraying a wall that obviously has been sprayed for awhile. Lighten up, take a chill pill, or whatever. Don't let this horrible act jade your view of humanity. ?

Graffiti is not an art form, it is a crime, and the criminal should be made to repaint the whole building as

well as get a fine. Being that he is a Brit, after repainting the station , he should get deported back to Britain

at that point.

Geezer

5 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

How old was you then when you stopped?

5 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

You tell em. Shoot all vandals! Better still, save the bullet and hang him high eh. Or if you really want to be the hero send the lout to the guillotine. Maybe you can apply to the Thai Government as the state hangman. Are you man enough to kill someone for commiting grafitti? Well... are you?... You tell em!!

Guess you have never been a victim at the hands of these animals.

You would be surprised that some of these no talent beings actually believe what they do is welcomed art . 

As a trial court judge, I have often maxed out monetary fines on age 18+ graffiti artists . The problem is, they are difficult to catch.  I had one in court that was caught hanging on ropes spraying the concrete overpass on the highway in the middle of the night. 

He made a statement in court that his "work" was not graffiti, but rather art. Additionally, he wanted his "artists" cans of spray paint returned to him. I assessed  him the cost to close the freeway and crew to clean up his "art " mess in a restitution order. 

I posted a while back that I thought his work was art on a graffiti wall.

I didn't get much support so now I'm going with the flow and saying amputate his fingers and then send him to 'attitude adjustment' (AA) classes. If he is still alive after AA then then make him lick the paint off the wall. Obviously putting paint remover on his tongue first. If he can't cut the mustard doing that then; well......just string him up!!!!

Then deport him.

15 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Don't they have the cane in Thailand?  Taggers are the visual vandals of the modern city, they deserve any punishment the law can dish out.

You'd inflict physical brutality on this idiot for a graffiti offense?  Physical brutality? Is that all you got?

Surely making the guy clean up the mess he made (and whole lot of the other) is a punishment befitting the crime?

only 4 thousand baht? this fool should be put in the slammer and deported with a red mark on his Pass port. idiots like that have made the rains in the U.S. and other parts of the world look trashy. this clown needs to go and if the Thai's do not put the kabosh on his sorry ass more will follow.

Archived