Canadian drug fugitive lived luxury life in Thailand before dying in police custody

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, saakura said:

Must be an 'important' case for the local police. All the top guns should be in on this  very quickly, to ensure that all the millions, houses and lambos are very safe.

House deeds and millions kept in a safe in the Lambo for a quick getaway by whomever.....very clever.

A lot in this story certainly does not addup,26 years young,been here 8 years,I think it would be impossible for this chap to have all this dough,so 18 years old and arrived from USA,something amiss along the way,and he definately would not have been alone in this lot.Someone did say he may have had help to tie the towel????and a lot more we will never know about.True or false,drug dealers should all die like this and at that age.

11 minutes ago, paddyjoe41 said:

A lot in this story certainly does not addup,26 years young,been here 8 years,I think it would be impossible for this chap to have all this dough,so 18 years old and arrived from USA,something amiss along the way,and he definately would not have been alone in this lot.Someone did say he may have had help to tie the towel????and a lot more we will never know about.True or false,drug dealers should all die like this and at that age.

You clearly have no idea of all the millions of ways people earn millions of dollars on the web. Not just from darkweb even. Look at kim dotcom and megashare. There also was a Vietnamese guy rolling in the dough s few years ago getting busted to with millions. Dont think for a second any of his wealth came from Thailand. 

He's not a rarity at all. Guarantee hundreds more or possibly thousands more people just like him spread all around the world. 

Not the first. Won't be the last

2 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

So you and many other people on here honestly believe the Thai cops would kill him and play it off as a suicide? Are you for real?

How would that benefit them? He was getting deported anyway, no dead weight on the Thai justice system. 

Ridiculous how some of you think. 

And from what i have been seeing over the weeks about alphabay, it's possible he could of ran the site or been an admin and amassed a fortune like he did. Possibly got wind of the fbi warrants and associates being arrested  and by then it was to late for him to cover it up or flee. Just like Ross Albrecht  (sp)  didnt touch or do the drugs but got a life sentence. 

What do you find more realistic? Cop killed him for no reason at all. Took huge risks to internation authories for no reason. 

Or this mr cazes knew what he Did, what the state's have on him, and obviously not a short jail term so he killed himself. 

Sorry to say but in his position and his knowledge of the situation, I dont blame the guy. 

What about him being ready to implicate a few influential people?:saai:

14 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

You clearly have no idea of all the millions of ways people earn millions of dollars on the web. Not just from darkweb even. Look at kim dotcom and megashare. There also was a Vietnamese guy rolling in the dough s few years ago getting busted to with millions. Dont think for a second any of his wealth came from Thailand. 

He's not a rarity at all. Guarantee hundreds more or possibly thousands more people just like him spread all around the world. 

Not the first. Won't be the last

But for some strange reason, a lot of these crooks do come to Thailand to spend it and live the life!! Lucky Thailand!!

55 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

What about him being ready to implicate a few influential people?:saai:

There are people saying he had connections to the mafia in Quebec. Would have to go for a Google to see. 

Would make sense as there was also people arrested in Quebec. 

if he was running that market it pretty much explains it. they sell millions of dollars worth of drugs daily of which he got a cut. the houses and cars would just be the tip of the iceberg. he was about to be sent to the US for a show trial and a life sentence without parole. this will do nothing to reduce drug use or sales, in fact its just going to promote these markets more, and they are a much safer and more reliable way to buy drugs then buying off a street dealer, if thats what you choose to do

Totally off topic but a comment for ratcatchers links I found interesting. I have no knowledge of the digital coin stuff ...just what I read from those promoting bitcoin from time to time on this forum. Seems the digital savvy aren't that impressed with it.

Anyone who thinks btc is anonymous or fungible is deluded. Should have used Monero. RIP.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:12 AM, lemonjelly said:

And the Lamborghinis, house etc.... will be seized and auctioned in a perfectly transparent manner...?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  stop, you're killing me, my keyboard has coffee spray on it now......

On 7/14/2017 at 0:50 PM, jabsjabs said:

I am Canadian too ;)

The truth will come out in the following weeks. I guarantee it. 

The only reason I point to suicide as being completely understandable is because if the usa gets an international warrant for someone (whether citizen or not) spends the time money and resources to find him, it's something more then a year or 2 year jail term. 

Anyone who honestly thinks they can do 5 or 10 years in jail no problem, then come out with nothing, obviously has no realistic grasp  what prison is like. At all

not so sure about the truth coming out; nothing further came out re Tony Kenway back in Jan/Feb...

On 7/14/2017 at 0:50 PM, jabsjabs said:

I am Canadian too ;)

The truth will come out in the following weeks. I guarantee it. 

The only reason I point to suicide as being completely understandable is because if the usa gets an international warrant for someone (whether citizen or not) spends the time money and resources to find him, it's something more then a year or 2 year jail term. 

Anyone who honestly thinks they can do 5 or 10 years in jail no problem, then come out with nothing, obviously has no realistic grasp  what prison is like. At all

This guy was looking at life in prison. He would have been tried as a kingpin in an international organisation.

He may not have touched any drugs inside Thailand, he was managing the largest illegal market in the world. Presumably he was also making a commission in Bitcoin off every sale, just like the one that came before it, that was called 'Silk Road'

This is going to turn out to be one of the largest <deleted> ups in global Law Enforcement in recent years. Heads will roll.

Edit : Something which seems to have been missed. The old criminal act which he was 'on the run' for has ZERO to do with why they come after him, that was just the excuse to get hold of him.

He lived in Thailand and then if what they're saying is true he proceeded to start up the worlds largest online illegal drug market after the old one was busted a few years back.

13 hours ago, balo said:

He is not 26 years old.  

According to his Linkedin page he is 33 .  So he came to Thailand when he was 25 . 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandre-cazes-395a61b2/

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASPAAAAJDY3ZGE5OWNjLTEzZTct

6 hours ago, Spaniel said:

See post #47.

See the OP

Cazes, 26, was found hanged by a towel in the toilet of his jail cell, a few hours before his deportation hearing on Wednesday morning. Police examination of his cell and all evidence found “no clues that suggest he didn’t hang himself,” said Commander of Narcotics Suppression Bureau Pol. Maj. Gen. Sunthon Chalermkiat.

20 hours ago, jenifer d said:

not so sure about the truth coming out; nothing further came out re Tony Kenway back in Jan/Feb...

I was not changing the subject and talking about that at all. Not sure when you got thay from. 

Truth coming out i ment as I'm why he was wanted, his role and what he was doing. 

And that has come out :smile:

I must say what a huge embassarressment this is to Thailand authorities. 

Imagine all the time, effort and years the Usa and fbi put in to finding this guy. They must been so excited to get him and add him to their resume of cyber criminals with life sentences to deter other from doing the same. 

I can only imagine how pissed off They are about the amateur moves here that allowed his suicide in their cells. 

Did u see his cell how much stuff was in it? In the real world, if you get arrested you dont get any items that you can use to harm yourself or any one else. Nothing. Shoelaces taken, shirts etc. 

Complete embarrassment for the Thai authorities in the eyes of the world. 

Breaking News...

AlphaBay and Hansa dark web markets shut down

Two of the largest dark web marketplaces have been shut down following an international law enforcement investigation.

The AlphaBay and Hansa sites had been associated with the trade in illicit items such as drugs, weapons, malware and stolen data.

....An alleged administrator of AlphaBay, 26-year-old Canadian Alexandre Cazes, was arrested in Thailand on 5 July following a joint operation between US, Canadian and Thai authorities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40670010

Archived