Newbie looking for lakes in and around Khon Kaen

jeab1980

New to fishing. Bought a couple of cheapnrods ect looking to get started. Any lakes ect good fishing for newbies in or close to Khon Kaen.

Any clubs i could join to get advise ect

Hi,  have a look at this website;   http://udon-news.com/en/main/fishing-in-thailand

It has details of many lakes,  each lake has its own page with details of fish species, facilities, prices, contact details and location. It also has a section on various methods and baits to use. The best lake I know in Khon Kaen is listed below;

Sri Nuan is a popular fishing lake, located a few kilometers outside the Khon Kaen ring-road. The target for the serious will be either one of the huge Giant Siamese Carp or the giant Mekong catfish.

Price per rod: 200 Baht

Coordinates for your navigation device

Latitude: 16.363370
Longitude: 102.797110

At Sri Nuan there is normally a young lad around who will show you the best set up to use. 

Good luck and enjoy your new hobby!

32 minutes ago, jim hayes said:

Hi,  have a look at this website;   http://udon-news.com/en/main/fishing-in-thailand

It has details of many lakes,  each lake has its own page with details of fish species, facilities, prices, contact details and location. It also has a section on various methods and baits to use. The best lake I know in Khon Kaen is listed below;

Sri Nuan is a popular fishing lake, located a few kilometers outside the Khon Kaen ring-road. The target for the serious will be either one of the huge Giant Siamese Carp or the giant Mekong catfish.

Price per rod: 200 Baht

Coordinates for your navigation device

Latitude: 16.363370
Longitude: 102.797110

At Sri Nuan there is normally a young lad around who will show you the best set up to use. 

Good luck and enjoy your new hobby!

Thanks very much. Will get out there hopefully a day in the week next week. 

Having never fished before i would welcome any help from anyone there.

Archived