Jet-setting former monk now ordered extradited to Thailand

rooster59

Just now, colinneil said:

Well well well would you believe it??

Maybe Mr Wirapol has run out of other peoples money.

So the authorities here are finally getting their act together, interesting to see the outcome of this fiasco.

Come back on the same plane with Boss 'I killed a policeman' Krathingdaeng.:cheesy:

I guess the OAG is, for once, a bit 'pro-active', being ready to board a plane to the US of A, woaw, wo-ho, hold your horses, the 'LV monk' can (and would be stupid not to) appeal against his extradition!

...And as I guess he has not yet spent all the money he took from his credulous believers, he can still afford to pay some big-shot attorneys' company to make the story last quite a bit longer still, and, maybe, when it gets too hot under his sandals in sunny California, to move to some other country (the US of A are famous for restricting access to their territory, not so for anyone, without any criminal activity in the States, wanting to leave... 

Thai officials head to US as monk set to face extradition

By THE SUNDAY NATION

72da42afbdb70970e2c4245e54d90ca1.jpeg

A TEAM from Office of the Attorney-General and Depart-ment of Special Investigation (DSI) departed to the United States yesterday to bring the fugitive ex-monk Wirapol Sukphol, better known as Luang Pu Nenkham, back for prosecution in Thailand.

Amnart Chotchai, director of the Office of the Attorney-General’s International Affairs Department, revealed that Thai authorities had been informed about the verdict of a court in California to extradite the ex-monk.

He is wanted in Thailand on charges of fraud, sexual harassment against a juvenile, and money laundering.

Amnart said that Wirapol still has the right to appeal to a higher US court, and the Thai officials will have to wait until next week to see if that happens.

“After we get him back to Thailand, he will be taken to DSI for interrogation and informed about his charges, and then he will be transferred to Office of the Attorney General [before he appears in] court. 

“More detail about the prosecution of his cases will be disclosed to the media soon,” Amnart said.

Efforts to extradite Luang Pu Nenkham have been ongoing since last year after a request from the DSI to the Office of the Attorney General. 

The Office of the Attorney- General worked closely with US authorities until the court in California permitted the extradition.

Thailand and the US have a criminal extradition treaty.

Not only does he face charges for the criminal offences of fraud, sexual harassment against a juvenile, and money laundering, Luang Pu Nenkham has also been sued in the Civil Court for money laundering. 

The Office of the Attorney-General has asked the court to seize his assets and those of eight other alleged conspirators, totalling Bt40 million.

Luang Pu Nenkham was once a famous monk and the abbot of Wat Pa Khanti Dhamma Monastery in Si Sa Ket. 

He fled to the US in 2013 after he was found to have violated many religious rules and was forced to leave the monkhood.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320857

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-16

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A TEAM from Office of the Attorney-General and Department of Special Investigation (DSI) departed to the United States yesterday 

Amnart said that Wirapol still has the right to appeal to a higher US court, and the Thai officials will have to wait until next week to see if that happens.

And then, if the appeal happens, the A TEAM from Office of the Attorney-General and Department of Special Investigation (DSI) will stay in the US for possibly a year, because going, coming back and going again and coming back will just cost the tax payer too much.

Of course it is inconceivable for that A-TEAM to have waited in Thailand to see if a appeal would be filed, and then fly over, nope, the priority is after all the weekend jaunt to the US. Will they stop over in Honolulu? With how may assistant bimbos? 

Have a pleasant vacation trip , the team have to wait fir the high court verdict ?!?? Why instead they engaged one if their diplomats to watch over it and when the tine is right the team could  go for arrest or simply as US government to deport and they can bring him back once all set?!?

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

change your name, grow your hair out, dump the robes, get a drivers license and move to the state of Oregon.

They will never find you.

No keep the robes premium seating  , or a nice upgrade to business class a little golf buggy to navigate u through bkk airport  

sraight through customs out the door in the blink of an eyelid  .

"Amnart said that Wirapol still has the right to appeal to a higher US court, and the Thai officials will have to wait until next week to see if that happens."

Nothing like a free vacation in the States!

On 7/15/2017 at 1:12 PM, rooster59 said:

However it has to await if the fugitive monk would exercise his right to appeal the extradition.

Of course he would like to come home delivering all the millions of Dollars.........or to share with his prosecutors...?

Everybody of us would do the same? Or not?

"Thai officials head to US as monk set to face extradition"

"He fled to the US in 2013 after he was found to have violated many religious rules and was forced to leave the monkhood."

It seems he's just an ordinary piece of scum, being that he left the monkhood in 2013.

On 15/07/2017 at 7:32 AM, Luckysilk said:

Holy Buddha, what's next the Red Bull murderer ?????

Yes, had they issued an arrest warrant, I am sure the British cops would have been more than happy to visit the Red Bull Hospitality suit at Silverstone today. 

14 hours ago, JoeInSurin said:

Wow, I can't believe California didn't give him a safe space and benefits.

California can be pretty liberal, but I suspect this is what turned the tables against him: sexual harassment against a juvenile

On 15/07/2017 at 3:31 PM, The Deerhunter said:

And that applies to both of these individuals.  As my old Scottish grandmother Mcleay used to say, "Many's the slip betwixt cup and lip!"  Could be just a PR exercise to keep us all amused and quiet.

I think that expression was more in reference to out of marriage boom boom but I could be wrong....

Archived