Hat Yai city travel advice wanted.

96tehtarp

I plan to fly down from Bangkok with my son. (First airplane ride for him.)

I heard there is a huge shopping mall in Hat Yai. What's it called, and what's it got, amusements and food wise?

Are there any decent hotels adjoining, or very nearby?

Thanks.

Central Festival Hatyai. It's got "everything" you need. Aren't there enough shopping malls in Bangkok?

Agoda, booking.com etc will show you all the hotels. The best ones are in the city center but you may find some near the Central Festival.

8 hours ago, garrya said:

Central Festival Hatyai. It's got "everything" you need. Aren't there enough shopping malls in Bangkok?

Agoda, booking.com etc will show you all the hotels. The best ones are in the city center but you may find some near the Central Festival.

Thanks, garrya. There are plenty of malls in Bangkok, but I want to fly somewhere, and Hat Yai is one of the cheapest flights from BKK, all in sometimes less than 1500 baht.

The Crystal Hotel is practically opposite Central Festival Hat Yai. Central Festival Hat Yai is much the same as a Central Festival anywhere else in Thailand, not sure I'd fly down from Bangkok to see just another Mall. Better stay in Hat Yai town, plenty of hotels in the centre, and go see Gim Yong market for a proper change of scenery. Go to the Municipal Park and take the cable car to see the four faced Bhuddha. Lot more interesting than a trip to Central Festival.

Archived