Birdie Thailand Golf Handicap Management mobile app  is now available

Birdie Thailand Golf Handicap Management mobile app  is now available 

Thailand's first dedicated golf handicap mobile app! Another first in Thailand from Birdie! Available in English and Thai, built in Thailand for Thailand!

iPhone users click here

Android users click here

For desktop users visit our website here

unnamed.png

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, Forkinhades said:

Does anybody actually know how it works?

My guess (and a quick look at the web site) is the same as most other handicap based apps/web links. You put in your scores and tees used on the specific courses and it calculates a handicap.

Peer Review and Score Verification

For a handicap to be trusted all scores should be open for peer review. With this is mind, anyone in Birdie can view any other players scores and see how the score was added to the system.

Also players adding scores can now verify the score by uploading their scorecard.

It appears they use some sort of variation on the USGA system to calculate the handicap just as PSC does.

I think I remember hearing a while ago that PSC back end handicap system was going to be based on Birdie software but don't know if that happened or not.

• 4 years later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:42 PM, topt said:

My guess (and a quick look at the web site) is the same as most other handicap based apps/web links. You put in your scores and tees used on the specific courses and it calculates a handicap.

It appears they use some sort of variation on the USGA system to calculate the handicap just as PSC does.

I think I remember hearing a while ago that PSC back end handicap system was going to be based on Birdie software but don't know if that happened or not.

The official handicap now used worldwide is the WHS (World Handicap System) it is  copyrighted and a fee must be paid to use the official program. However there are some programs that are not "official" but are so close the differences are negligible. Does any one know what program "Birdie" uses and how close is it to the WHS program?