visa on arrival

Hi can anyone tell me if i can stay longer than 30 days with a visa on arrival from u.k to thailand ? i would maybe like to stay 30 extra days.

I cant take a 60 or 90 day visa with me as i am due to moving house within the u.k anytime whilst i am in thailand.

If it is possible to get a 30 day extra stay what is the procedure for an extra 30 day stamp? will it mean making a border run ? if so what border country will i need to go ?

I am a travelling pensioner staying in Pattaya/Jomtien.

9 minutes ago, ray richards said:

I cant take a 60 or 90 day visa with me as i am due to moving house within the u.k anytime whilst i am in thailand.

Why?  Coming with a 60 day tourist visa is your best bet, gives you the time you (might) need, avoids any issues with the airline at check in (outbound ticket within 30 days) and avoids the hassle of immigration in Thailand.

36 minutes ago, ray richards said:

Can you explain this in other words?

I simply don't understand it.

What has moving house/address in UK to do with having a Thailand tourist or O visa?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, perthperson said:

If you are a UK passport holder there is no "visa on arrival" available to you. 

You can, however, get a visa exempt entry (30 days) which can be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht. 

visa on arrival and visa exempt are not the same thing ? (yes i know, semantically, they could never be the same)

Just now, YetAnother said:

visa on arrival and visa exempt are not the same thing ? (yes i know, semantically, they could never be the same)

Visa on arrival is for 15 days only and costs 1000 baht.

Available for following countries that don't qualify for visa exempt entry.

1. Andorra
  2. Bulgaria
  3. Bhutan
  4. China
  5. Cyprus
  6. Ethiopia
  7. India
  8. Kazakhstan
  9. Latvia
  10. Lithuania
  11. Maldives
  12. Malta
  13. Mauritius
  14. Romania
  15. San Marino
  16. Saudi Arabia
  17. Taiwan
  18. Ukraine
  19. Uzbekistan

2 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Visa on arrival is for 15 days only and costs 1000 baht.

Available for following countries that don't qualify for visa exempt entry.

1. Andorra
  2. Bulgaria
  3. Bhutan
  4. China
  5. Cyprus
  6. Ethiopia
  7. India
  8. Kazakhstan
  9. Latvia
  10. Lithuania
  11. Maldives
  12. Malta
  13. Mauritius
  14. Romania
  15. San Marino
  16. Saudi Arabia
  17. Taiwan
  18. Ukraine
  19. Uzbekistan

thank you, i and my friends have been using the wrong term for quite some time; not any more....

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

The full story is that i had intended a stay of 4 months in Thailand & i bought a return ticket for that period of stay.

I  now realise i can only  stay for  30 days or an absolute max of 15 to 30 extra days due to what ive already said about my moving house commitments in England.

Will i have any issues when i check-in outbound with the 4 month stay/return ticket as i wont have a 60 or 90 day tourist visa stamped in my passport (i do intend to change the return flight date whilst im in Thailand) .

Thank you

3 minutes ago, ray richards said:

Thanks for the replies.

The full story is that i had intended a stay of 4 months in Thailand & i bought a return ticket for that period of stay.

I  now realise i can only  stay for  30 days or an absolute max of 15 to 30 extra days due to what ive already said about my moving house commitments in England.

Will i have any issues when i check-in outbound with the 4 month stay/return ticket as i wont have a 60 or 90 day tourist visa stamped in my passport (i do intend to change the return flight date whilst im in Thailand) .

Thank you

Its 50/50 what happens in the UK.  Lots of people report no problems and lots more report having to show an outbound ticket, including buying one if not already in possession.  The solution is either to get a tourist visa or alternatively buy a cheap throwaway ticket out of Thailand within the 30 day period.  Overall, the visa would be the best and cheapest option.