Farang Friendly Bars in Phitsanulok

esprit

The title say most really.  I have some good friends over  for a few weeks and they have asked me to take them for a few days to Phitsanulok.  Well their wives want to visit the various temples but they don't.  So while their other half's are doing that we thought we would go to a bar or two but not knowing Phitsanulok I am just asking any forum members who know Phitsanulok, or even who live there,  as to what farang friendly bars there may be and of course where are they ?  Googling only throws up some 5 or 6 year old info so would appreciate any updates and suggestions.

Thanks

Been staying in Phitsanulok, unfortunately, there for a while until May I frequently visited the only foreign owned bar/restaurant in Phitsanulok. 

It is called Dtit Paak, owned by an american, Bill.

Location......go to the nightmarket which is at the river, then go straight out of town by following the river for around 2 kms. You will see just before an intersection a restaurantboat. Dtit Paak is opposite of the boat on same side of the river.

Open from 4 pm if I remember correctly. 

Phitsanulok is an important city and it is one of the oldest cities in Thailand. When you come here you should visit:
 - Chan Palace, Erected in the Phitsanulok Phitthayakom Schook close to town hall, the location of the shrine used to be the Chan palace of King Naresuan the Great. Within the shrine is housed his statue.
- Sergent - Major Dr. Thawi-Pim Buranakhet' s Folklore Museum. Located opposite the Buranathai Buddha Image foundry, Wisutkasat Road, Amphoe Muang. This museum is well known for its collections of all folk-arts, crafts, basketry, pottery and ancient kitchen utensils. In addition to these, there also are instruments for agriculture occupation and household living displayed.
driving directions

Phitsanulok is an important city and it is one of the oldest cities in Thailand. When you come here you should visit:
 - Chan Palace, Erected in the Phitsanulok Phitthayakom Schook close to town hall, the location of the shrine used to be the Chan palace of King Naresuan the Great. Within the shrine is housed his statue.
- Sergent - Major Dr. Thawi-Pim Buranakhet' s Folklore Museum. Located opposite the Buranathai Buddha Image foundry, Wisutkasat Road, Amphoe Muang. This museum is well known for its collections of all folk-arts, crafts, basketry, pottery and ancient kitchen utensils. In addition to these, there also are instruments for agriculture occupation and household living displayed.
driving directions

Which has sod all to do with the OP's question.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

For a Farang it must be one of the most boring places in Thailand

As an oasis in a desert for a watering hole, more than fits the.bill.

I did not see a "Martini stirred not shaken" on the drinks menu, as to boring, would depend upon the individuality of the farang, Yes?

23 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

As an oasis in a desert for a watering hole, more than fits the.bill.

I did not see a "Martini stirred not shaken" on the drinks menu, as to boring, would depend upon the individuality of the farang, Yes?

guess so. If you are the sort of individual who can spend hours watching paint dry,  then I guess it could be an exciting place.

Having lived and enjoyed Phit  since around 2000 , in Thai speak Phitsanulok is a Buddhist town , therefore good time bars are not encouraged , for a goodtime  you need to go underground and unless you know someone the result can be bleak , although as stated , try the river near the night market , the risk is yours.

The only place you may meet a Ferang miday is Hotel London.Been nothin since Lady Jane shut thats lasted.!.Even Sukhothai has more Ferang meeting places for a Chap that wants a Beer whilst the Mrs walks round Big C.?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

Having lived and enjoyed Phit  since around 2000 , in Thai speak Phitsanulok is a Buddhist town , therefore good time bars are not encouraged , for a goodtime  you need to go underground and unless you know someone the result can be bleak , although as stated , try the river near the night market , the risk is yours.

The risk :shock1:

Dtit pak is good, Amarin in Town (is it called intown now?) is supposed to be good. For the late hours try forte, mainly thais but farangs are welcome. Buck Town is also worth checking out. And how about woodstock?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 3:33 AM, gummy said:

For a Farang it must be one of the most boring places in Thailand

Especially, if one requires Farang company and Farang hangouts.

Some might consider such activity to be quite predictable, unrefined, and boring.

Plok has quite a fascinating, if not hidden, Thai side.

Give it a go - they don't bite....usually.

Archived