"Remove these parasites" - Russian "beg-packers" move their con to Chiang Mai

webfact

"Remove these parasites" - Russian "beg-packers" move their con to Chiang Mai

6pm.jpg

Picture: Facebook

CHIANG MAI: -- The Russian woman and her baby pictured earlier in the week begging on the streets of Bangkok have now seemingly moved their operation to Chiang Mai.

And now a man who is being referred to as her "husband" is joining her in the rip off.

A picture of the Russian woman, her baby and an unidentified Caucasian man were posted on the Facebook page of Cathal O Connell.

The poster referred to the man as the "missing husband" from the story that appeared on Thaivisa earlier in the week.

Apparently the woman had then turned down offers of help from Thais. But here she was in Chiang Mai trying again to sell pictures of her baby, according to the post.

Initial reaction to the story was swift with Pete De Barra screaming:

"Please somebody remove these parasites from the kingdom".

The rest of the post is not suitable for publication.

Steve Thompson yelled "Busted" while another angry poster suggested that violence against the "beg-packers" was called for.

Beg-packing has become an increasingly noticeable phenomenon in Thailand recently with many westerners trying to get money by one means or another often to finance their holidays in Asia.

The issue divides the public though Thaivisa notes that it is fair to say that the majority of Thais and foreigners in the kingdom feel that westerners who can afford to fly to Thailand can also afford to fund their own stay.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-21

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criticism is a bit strong,they are trying to sell photos of the kids,not forcing anyone to buy,

who knows their circumstances,it seems Farangs are more against them than Thai people ,

they are not harming anyone.there but for the grace of God ,go I.

regards Worgeordie

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Criticism is a bit strong,they are trying to sell photos of the kids,not forcing anyone to buy,

who knows their circumstances,it seems Farangs are more against them than Thai people ,

they are not harming anyone.there but for the grace of God ,go I.

regards Worgeordie

Usually I tend to agree with your comments, but not this time.  Re-read the article.  The woman TURNED DOWN offers of help.  They need to be packed up and taken to the nearest airport for deportation.  This sort of thing gives all Westeners a bad rap.

4 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Usually I tend to agree with your comments, but not this time.  Re-read the article.  The woman TURNED DOWN offers of help.  They need to be packed up and taken to the nearest airport for deportation.  This sort of thing gives all Westeners a bad rap.

+1

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Please somebody remove these parasites from the kingdom".

The rest of the post is not suitable for publication.

Steve Thompson yelled "Busted" while another angry poster suggested that violence against the "beg-packers" was called for.

Beg-packing has become an increasingly noticeable phenomenon in Thailand recently

distasteful ? sure; illegal ? doubtful; i wonder how much spotlight this would have gotten if they were thai

The same type of beg-packers being all around Victory Monument for a year now...people selling travel photos.

I had one young farang woman outside a BTS station ask me for 100 baht so she could get home that night. After I pointed out that her 5000 baht Nikes could easily be sold to the shoe guy down the Soi she cursed me and walked off.

Another Indian family, guy, wife, kids and grandma wandering around Seacon Bangkhae mall asking foreigners for money, they know better than to ask any Thais.

Place is becoming the go to destination for foreign beggars it seems

Russians? Guilty!

The court sentences them to pick up trash on the beach near my house here in Hua Hin for a month. They will be paid 200 baht a day to cover the cost of feeding the baby...

Next case.

They look harmless to me, what's it to you if you either fling a few baht in their direction, or just walk past? Go back to your own expensively housed, schooled, and fed wife and kids, drive around in your wasteful car, who's the real parasite here?

5 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

They look harmless to me, what's it to you if you either fling a few baht in their direction, or just walk past? Go back to your own expensively housed, schooled, and fed wife and kids, drive around in your wasteful car, who's the real parasite here?

The expats who have all that you mention in your post worked for it. No-one gave it to them nor did they beg for it.

Let the authorities deal with them. They don't represent me anymore than Thai/Asian people behaving badly abroad represent my missus. 

Some foreigners get really indignant with other foreigners and how they behave here. You can have your opinion, but Thailand is not your country and these foreigners are not your problem. Stop worrying about what strangers think about you.  

I don't understand the bitterness.  They aren't affecting me in any direct way, and the effect on my immigration efforts is virtually nil.

I don't think I could ever do what they're doing, but they're living their life, not mine.

I'm fairly certain that these are the same people who were in C.M. about 18?? months ago doing the same thing; that is selling photos of the child. And before them were another couple with a child selling photos of various sights around Thailand - and possibly children too as I recall. In all cases the male scammer is somewhere in the background. This is obviously an organized ring.

As they are not taking anything from you I fail to see why all the nasty comments.  Personally I can't stand the expat drinking culture in Thailand, it has become a land of drunks (IMHO), but if that's what floats your boat-

live and let live.

17 minutes ago, abhaya said:

As they are not taking anything from you I fail to see why all the nasty comments.  Personally I can't stand the expat drinking culture in Thailand, it has become a land of drunks (IMHO), but if that's what floats your boat-

live and let live.

Live and let live,

or is this your vision?

images (32).jpg

55 minutes ago, abhaya said:

live and let live.

thailand was and is a " land of drunkards "     without the farang,

i may remind you !!

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

How do they represent ALL foreigners and give ALL foreigners a bad rap? 

1 hour ago, abhaya said:

live and let live.

Could be my words.

Archived