"Remove these parasites" - Russian "beg-packers" move their con to Chiang Mai

webfact

Some people here looks like its are no proud about what they did in the 60's...or just are too old to remember. The younger ones???...They didn't had the glory to be young in the 60's.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You need a work permit for this if it isn't begging?  Where is Putin when you need him?:post-4641-1156694606:

A work permit is needed yes, but since when is selling photographs "begging"? Are Bengali roti sellers also begging? How about clothes sellers at Nana?

Beggars ask for money without offering anything, buskers play music for money these people are simply illegal workers selling goods on the streets.

25 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

All true, they were offered help but refused it, maybe it involved some kind of work ( I know WP needed etc.) but they don't look the working type, preferring instead to beg 

They were not begging, they were selling their own photos .

Your post just doesnt make sense .

They were offered something for free, (help), which they refused, preferring to make their own money selling photos , and you think that they would rather "beg"?

They are not begging, they are working for themselves, refusing freebies

3 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

It was just this week on thaivisa also that foreign people cannot sell anything on the streets having only a tourist visa and are not alowed to work no wp.

That's true but they are going to have to round up a lot of foreigners because there are tons of foreigners selling things on the streets in Thailand just that the vast majority are not white westerners - they tend to be Indians, Nepalese, Bengalis, Burmese, Cambodians, Lao and even Chinese in some cases. The Nana market is an interesting example - very few Thais selling anything, most sellers tend to be from the sub-continent.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They were offered something for free, (help), which they refused, preferring to make their own money selling photos , and you think that they would rather "beg"?

Of course this is nonsense. :smile: 

Perhaps you missed the first thread.

The woman claims she had been left broke and destitute after being dumped by her husband and was trying to raise funds to purchase and plane tickets so she could leave Thailand.

Then off to Chiang Mai with the 'husband' who supposedly abandoned her.

So obtaining money by deception.

They utilise couchsurfing in order to get accommodation for nothing. That certainly qualifies as a freebie.

Both of them are pictured on her profile.

The people who know her say that she is a bit crazy and that is what she does in order to be able to travel. but on the other hand many think that Russian social services should get involved because of the child.

2 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

If they are selling photos they are not begging so this puts them way above the western beggars that just sit down with some BS story and expect people to give them money. They get the photos printed for for 3 baht and sell them for 20 or whatever. That's business. 

If Banksy was doing this under cover as backpacker it would make the news all over the world. Everybody would be rushing round to buy them. That would be cool. But these guys aren't famous and they are Russian so everyone is raging!

Do they have a work visa? If they well off then why are people calling them beggars and trying to help them?

I don't care if they are Russian/Chinese/Japanese/French/American/British/Irish/Nigerian/Aussie, I don't think this is right. 

2 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

If they are selling photos they are not begging so this puts them way above the western beggars that just sit down with some BS story and expect people to give them money. They get the photos printed for for 3 baht and sell them for 20 or whatever. That's business. 

If Banksy was doing this under cover as backpacker it would make the news all over the world. Everybody would be rushing round to buy them. That would be cool. But these guys aren't famous and they are Russian so everyone is raging!

Hardly...raging....really? Banksy who?

And yes I do know who Banksy is

18 minutes ago, JamJar said:

They utilise couchsurfing in order to get accommodation for nothing. That certainly qualifies as a freebie.

The people who know her say that she is a bit crazy and that is what she does in order to be able to travel. but on the other hand many think that Russian social services should get involved because of the child.

Could be that the husband did indeed go AWOL and then came back ?

20 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Actually , I did see him in CM a few weeks ago on his own, so he may have been in CM and his wife and child in BKK 

2 hours ago, wlcart said:

I come from San Francisco, a very tolerant and diverse city. If I meet a Russian in SF, I think nothing of it. If I meet a Russian in Thailand, I will admit, I check to make sure my pockets have not been picked. 

What that means is people defecate on your doorstep.  Maybe tolerant SF should take back OJ, who was born there, and send Nancy Polosi back to Baltimore...to a tolerant all white neighborhood, of course.

50 minutes ago, jimster said:

That's true but they are going to have to round up a lot of foreigners because there are tons of foreigners selling things on the streets in Thailand just that the vast majority are not white westerners - they tend to be Indians, Nepalese, Bengalis, Burmese, Cambodians, Lao and even Chinese in some cases. The Nana market is an interesting example - very few Thais selling anything, most sellers tend to be from the sub-continent.

Yes but do they live in Thailand? I bet most of them are not on a tourist visa.

The question is are they begging or selling the photos to make a living. It seems as if here lies the confusion. If they are selling photos of their baby to make a living they are working and not begging. The same as Thais that take photos of you at temples and then what to sell it to you. However they would be breaking the law in doing so as they dont have work permits. I am also not defending the fact that they are selling photos of  the child which I find srrange. Another hint to the fact they are not begging is that the women refused handouts from Thais. My understanding of the term begging is that a beggar ask for handouts without giving anything in return. If they are thus not begging but selling something to make a living I rate them higher than a beggar or petty thief etc because they are atleast trying something honest. 

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

distasteful ? sure; illegal ? doubtful; i wonder how much spotlight this would have gotten if they were thai

" . . . iIlegal? doubtful . . ."  Selling anything is working is it not?  Even working for a charity or creating a charity is illegal without the proper permits.

25 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

What that means is people defecate on your doorstep.  Maybe tolerant SF should take back OJ, who was born there, and send Nancy Polosi back to Baltimore...to a tolerant all white neighborhood, of course.

yeah, and make Thais eat rice-a-roni

Just now, sanemax said:

Working you say. Even volunteering in Thailand requires a work permit. Selling photos..working?:cheesy:

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

You mean they are legitimately working in Thailand? Running this as a company, having the correct amount of Thai partners, paying taxes on their income with work permits and non immigrant (B) visa extensions registered with immigration. And what about the kids? Even if these people are genuinely working, involving their children as workers in their schemes means these children are being exploited and used as illegal child labourers. In my country those children would be placed under the authority of the social services and placed into care.

Sorry; your logic doesn`t ring true with me.

5 hours ago, zzidenn said:

Very much agree with you! All that nonsense and generalizing about thai people is much more offensive than selling a few post cards. All my thai friends are very educated, smart and successful, they can easily tell the difference between a Russian, French or German or whatever, just as well as i can easily distinguish between asian nationalities. It seems many people are so caught up in their cliches and outdated ways 

you deserve your own youtube channel ......

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

The expats who have all that you mention in your post worked for it. No-one gave it to them nor did they beg for it.

In reality, the 5% of this planet's population that have everything, have it at the expense of the 95% with nothing.

Archived