Krabi massacre suspects handed over to police

webfact

4 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

With all the stupid remarks I still do not know why they are all wearing yellow scarves.Sensible answers appreciated. OK No 2 will they be shot or given lethal dose or what.I have this scene in my mind of them all lined up against a wall somewhere( Bangkok?) facing a half dozen or more soldiers with rifles.Have I got that wrong too. As I say,,,,, sensible answers only please 

All eight suspects wore yellow neckerchiefs so security officials could easily notice them in the event they were mobbed. Officials also provided the suspects with bullet-proof vests.

Statement taken from media release.

5 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

All eight suspects wore yellow neckerchiefs so security officials could easily notice them in the event they were mobbed. Officials also provided the suspects with bullet-proof vests.

Statement taken from media release.

Hopefully not the latest examples  of bullet proof vests from the Thai college  students

5 hours ago, impulse said:

While it was a despicable act, I can't help but feel a little twinge of compassion for a couple of the guys who claimed they thought they were just going to collect a debt.  

Then their boss opened fire.  And their lives were ruined.

There were seven of them.

They could have prevented a few deaths by whacking the boss once he started shooting.

4 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

There were seven of them.

They could have prevented a few deaths by whacking the boss once he started shooting.

They were hosed when the first shot was fired, even if they had whacked the boss.  And it's pretty hard to tell who'd have been on which side of that gunfight had it gone that way.

I'm not saying they were innocents.  Just that some of them have claimed they didn't go there expecting anyone to be killed.  In their case, it wasn't pre-meditated.

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

They were hosed when the first shot was fired, even if they had whacked the boss.  And it's pretty hard to tell who'd have been on which side of that gunfight had it gone that way.

I'm not saying they were innocents.  Just that some of them have claimed they didn't go there expecting anyone to be killed.  In their case, it wasn't pre-meditated.

Hans Christian Anderson springs to mind

13 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

With all the stupid remarks I still do not know why they are all wearing yellow scarves.Sensible answers appreciated. OK No 2 will they be shot or given lethal dose or what.I have this scene in my mind of them all lined up against a wall somewhere( Bangkok?) facing a half dozen or more soldiers with rifles.Have I got that wrong too. As I say,,,,, sensible answers only please 

If you only want sensible answers, you've come to the wrong place.

22 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

It is about time the idiots stopped holding re-enactments.

500 BIBs needed for security, doubtless 499 taking selfies and 1 who dropped his phone and broke it.

What a waste of resources.

spot on, not only that most times the police tell the suspect what to do, in Australia if something like that happens there is a great fuss because it means when they are picking the jury members they have to find people who have not seen the replay because it can influence their decision

Who arrested the suspects , took them into custody and held them in confinement for so long before "handing" them over to police custody?  

Why?  

Does any organisation - other than the police - have powers to intervene in  civilian criminal detection/prevention processes of any nature or level of criminality?

Does the justice system make itself open to charges of  illegalities that might lead to dismissal of any charges against the suspects or invalidate evidence gathered because ofwhat appears to have been a most unusual process in dealing wqith the investigations or handling/gathering of evidence?

2 hours ago, sandemara said:

Who arrested the suspects , took them into custody and held them in confinement for so long before "handing" them over to police custody?  

Why?  

Does any organisation - other than the police - have powers to intervene in  civilian criminal detection/prevention processes of any nature or level of criminality?

Does the justice system make itself open to charges of  illegalities that might lead to dismissal of any charges against the suspects or invalidate evidence gathered because ofwhat appears to have been a most unusual process in dealing wqith the investigations or handling/gathering of evidence?

You seem to have missed the news that the army is in control and has authority to do pretty much anything.

Archived