Folding Mosquito Screens

LannaGuy

47 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Really difficult to see what they are made of and how they work. I would also be interested in folding mosquito screens !

I have these in my house already but they were quite expensive so I'm looking for an alternative source. I found one company in BKK but it's all Thai so I'll get a Thai to phone them.

Drive towards the city on the 118, over the 118 / 121 junction towards the city. On the left after about 1k you will see a factory that supplies colored roofing sheets ,Directly to the left is a small office that sell upvc  windows., they supplied mine  very pleased.

There is a place on the on the covered walkway between Homepro and Big C at Hang Dong that sells gutters and what you are looking for.  Inexepensive, but we had endless trouble: poor design and construction and a reluctance to come and fix any of the four windows (out of nine) that needed attention.  They don't fix these kind of screens in situ - the whole frame needs removal and I believe they send them back to BKK.  If the house is yours and you intend to stay for a long time, get the best available as the headache that comes with cheap ones isn't worth the saving.

18 hours ago, sappersrest said:

Drive towards the city on the 118, over the 118 / 121 junction towards the city. On the left after about 1k you will see a factory that supplies colored roofing sheets ,Directly to the left is a small office that sell upvc  windows., they supplied mine  very pleased.

folding?  any photos please?  the ones I have were made in Germany and shipped over. Concertina style fold right back to the door.

S_6429839221044.jpg

I have had them for 10 years now, made by T.K. Home Plus, 086-4300823 or
053-126202 .   I have them on single and double doors (slide in from each side with magnets holding the 2 halves together).  And I have them on 2 windows, which I only mention to indicate they can make them any size.  

Yes, they  are expensive but, once you have paid for them, the convenience in not having a screen door swinging into the house because the door opens outward is immeasurable.

15 minutes ago, noise said:

I have had them for 10 years now, made by T.K. Home Plus, 086-4300823 or
053-126202 .   I have them on single and double doors (slide in from each side with magnets holding the 2 halves together).  And I have them on 2 windows, which I only mention to indicate they can make them any size.  

Yes, they  are expensive but, once you have paid for them, the convenience in not having a screen door swinging into the house because the door opens outward is immeasurable.

oh wow this might be good news...  

https://www.facebook.com/T.K.Homeplus999/

http://www.homeplustk.com/

many thanks 

19095749_839197329563770_84099871541768311_o.jpg

123.jpeg

19142995_839197382897098_5675159936873451351_o.jpg

14938291_717415961741908_1031148984281465937_n.jpg

9 minutes ago, sappersrest said:

Driving north on the 118 past the PTT petrol station and the turning to  Sanameng  municipal office after  approx 500m there is a U turn just  before the  U turn on the left is a shop that makes them. highly recommend.

You mean the U-Turn just after Tesco Lotus and 7/11?  I know that area well and can't say I've noticed any shops selling screens but I'll look again.

Archived