Foreign tourists arrested after naked romp on Pattaya beach

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

And it just figures, don't it?

This classic sexual fantasy is becoming increasingly popular among horny Brits

MORE and more Brits are taking their relationships outdoors, where public sex is on the agenda for a surprising number of adventurous couples.

Superdrug's Online Doctor conducted a survey of 2,000 people to get to the bottom of why we're all so obsessed with the idea of having sex outside. . . .

And it emerged that nearly one fifth of us have had sex in a public park, making parks the most popular spot for a risky outdoor hook-up.

The beach also proved to be a popular, if sandy, venue for a rendezvous, with 13% of people surveyed admitting to getting their rocks off by the sea.

—https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3343422/this-classic-sexual-fantasy-is-becoming-increasingly-popular-among-horny-brits/

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am quite serious about my post-  Thais do not have sex in public nor do they kiss in public and seldom even hold hands in public.  There is an outward conservatism as evidenced constantly in news reports. This is not a question of morality but of customs and culture. I have never seen a Thai person -other than bar girls- show much skin in public and I have been here many decades.  I have travelled the whole country big cities to small villages and it is the same- no bare breasted women; sex behind closed doors; and a generally conservative attitude towards dress.

If Westerners want to have sex on the beach and display public nudity- do it in your own country. As an American- I wouldn't want to see it in my own country and most Americans are the same. In fact, in the US a person would be arrested and charged with indecent exposure and in some states  placed on a sex registry list.

12 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I am quite serious about my post-  Thais do not have sex in public nor do they kiss in public and seldom even hold hands in public.  There is an outward conservatism as evidenced constantly in news reports. This is not a question of morality but of customs and culture. I have never seen a Thai person -other than bar girls- show much skin in public and I have been here many decades.  I have travelled the whole country big cities to small villages and it is the same- no bare breasted women; sex behind closed doors; and a generally conservative attitude towards dress.

If Westerners want to have sex on the beach and display public nudity- do it in your own country. As an American- I wouldn't want to see it in my own country and most Americans are the same. In fact, in the US a person would be arrested and charged with indecent exposure and in some states  placed on a sex registry list.

Well I am staggered that anyone in the 21st century would have your attitude towards sex and nudity.  However each to their own and I duly apologise for mocking your position as I genuinely thought that you were joking!  It is true that many Thai's are reluctant to expose their flesh which is understandable in such a climate.  In fact it is only fairly recently that my wife is comfortable wearing a bikini. 

However you say that it is part of the culture and I would argue that in a country where corruption, affairs, lying, cheating and staggering domestic violence is normal behaviour, to think that the showing of flesh is wrong for cultural reasons is just bizarre.  I have also travelled extensively in Thailand for over 20 years and I can confirm that the impression given in the towns and villages is one of a conservative nature.  But look beneath the surface and the reality is very different.  More and more of the younger Thais embrace the decadent western ways and you just have to look at facebook and other social media to see the abundance of flesh that young Thais are happy to share on-line.  They feel repressed by those "traditional" Thai values and are breaking free and about time too!

39 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

As an American- I wouldn't want to see it in my own country and most Americans are the same. In fact, in the US a person would be arrested and charged with indecent exposure and in some states  placed on a sex registry list.

Again you are correct and the USA certainly does have a skewed way with sex and nudity as well.  Plenty of it on cable TV with shows like Game of Thrones getting record breaking audiences but show a nipple on a game show and the whole country is shocked.  Hypocrisy at it's finest!

I appreciate your perspective. Thais may show some skin on social media because they think it is  private but in public there is no way they would do that.  Little do they understand that social media is the worst place to show their true colors. Anyone can see it and often times there is a negative reaction. Western embassies view such media as Facebook and make Visa decisions based upon what is shown.

I do not bring my Western ideas to Thailand and I actually believe Thailand is in grave danger if they accept Western mores and customs as opposed to traditional values. The West has become uncivilized as far as everyday living. Why do you  think we all came here?

13 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I appreciate your perspective. Thais may show some skin on social media because they think it is  private but in public there is no way they would do that.  Little do they understand that social media is the worst place to show their true colors. Anyone can see it and often times there is a negative reaction. Western embassies view such media as Facebook and make Visa decisions based upon what is shown.

I do not bring my Western ideas to Thailand and I actually believe Thailand is in grave danger if they accept Western mores and customs as opposed to traditional values. The West has become uncivilized as far as everyday living. Why do you  think we all came here?

"Why do you  think we all came here?" Don't include me in "we"! 

I originally came here on holiday because of the climate, and the relatively cheap cost of living, and to see a bit of the infamous nightlife. Nearly 20 years later, married to a Thai lady, I don't see the West as uncivilised, but I do see Thailand becoming more and more uncivilised - not due to Western influence, but due to the lawlessness caused by corruption, and the perception that the more money you have the more you can get away with. And don't say that it has always been this way - 20 years ago things were quite different to today.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Well I think you will find most people "came here" for a myriad of different reasons but not to escape the wests decadent ways.  Many because they were attracted by the cheap prices, great climate, beautiful young women who were readily available and the ability to live without the restrictions encountered in the west.  I came for business reasons after living in Hong Kong for a couple of years.  Just about everything is available in Thailand and I enjoyed my  twenty years of living the life.  We moved to the uncivilised west because we didn't want our son to grow up amongst the corruption and mindless violence that is now everyday life in Thailand.

The corruption in the West is much worse than Thailand and the lack of any morality in the West is apparent.  Thais will eventually take care of those things they feel are important. This is about foreigners- especially Westerners coming here and behaving badly. It's almost daily that this happens  and the Thais are sick of it and well they should be. It is their country .

32 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

20% doesn't even cover the rest of the money that is sent here or invested by foreign husbands partners those bad westerners!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Utter nonsense. Inevitably we've invoked the classic TVF Poster Golden Eggs Theory Of Thai Economics, of which you may read more here.

This is a complete waste of police time and symbolises the hypocrosy when we all know that lots of flesh can be seen in numerous establishments throughout the resort every day and night

Get out and solve the crisis on the roads where mayhem is causing death and serious injury hourly

12 hours ago, PomPolo said:

Sorry the page doesn't exist - similar to the theory that I am incorrect!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Forum "upgrade" led to malformed links on a right click. Here ya go: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/936844-pattaya-going-downhill/?page=51#comment-11359895

On 2017-7-24 at 1:35 PM, Thaidream said:

Are you really believing of the nonsense that you are posting?  The behaviour you describe has nothing to do with tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_cultural_mandates

Let's just say that Thais behave differently when they are outside Thailand and that includes people who are very Thai. As you will understand, one cannot elaborate.

So stop with the traditional value nonsense. 

On 7/23/2017 at 8:32 PM, jaywalker said:

Katoeys reported them. They were angry because the couple had no pockets to pick.

I disagree. Both had a place to stash their valuables.  Think of Oscar Wilde when you think of an Englishman in Pattaya.  :sleep:

On 24/07/2017 at 7:35 PM, Thaidream said:

I believe it`s exactly the opposite, but with the rest, you are right on the head.

Many of these young people are only trying to claim their day of fame and having no natural talents, they can now do this by committing outrageous acts that are actively encouraged by the social media, especially YouTube and facebook, where they can acquire followers like for example; my mate nate and the Russian couple in Bangkok having sex in an open taxi a few months ago. These people really consider this to be cool and the more publicity they create, whether positive or negative, the more they`ll glorify in all the media attention that will only become as encourages for others to follow suit and do the same. This is why too many western influences in Thailand is a very bad thing.

That's why there's so many yanks here . What the hell is wrong with a bit of skinny dipping. Get real mate . Have you ever been to walking st or Soi 6 ? It's a whole big world out there . And yankey town is not all little conservative country towns.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, Blinky62 said:

That's why there's so many yanks here . What the hell is wrong with a bit of skinny dipping. Get real mate . Have you ever been to walking st or Soi 6 ? It's a whole big world out there . And yankey town is not all little conservative country towns.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think the expression "time and a place" about covers this one!

On 25/07/2017 at 5:06 AM, sekmet said:

Well, hopefully Westerners will stop coming and Thais will continental their idyllic life with a 20% drop in GDP.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Won't those " quality Chinese and Russians " make up the shortfall of farangs 20% ( + ) loss of income especially now the authorities have " clamped " down on zero dollars tours .. And Russians will always provide 7/11 and Family Mart with a steady income stream for booze and top-ups .. When they are here of course .. ( where are they I haven't seen 'em in any numbers for mths ) ..

Archived