Bangkok ganja dealer was attempting to "grow his own" with seeds from Amsterdam

webfact

Bangkok ganja dealer was attempting to "grow his own" with seeds from Amsterdam

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Police who arrested a ganja dealer in Sukumvit yesterday found he was growing plants at his Klong Toei home using seeds imported from Amsterdam.

Thong Lor police were suspicious of the man's activities in Sukhumvit and stopped him.

Phongthorn "Bon" Sukkoon, 28, soon admitted that he had a stash of ganja at home and was a user.

Police found 21.69 kilos of compressed and loose Grade A ganja worth around 200,000 baht at his address in Soi Kruay Tai, Klong Toei.

On the third floor of his property they found air-con regulators, a thermostat and other growing devices along with six pots of young ganja plants.

"Bon" said he bought ganja through Line and Facebook for 7,500 baht a kilo and was selling it on for about 9 or 10,000 a kilo. He bought up to ten kilos a time and had been doing this for a year.

He also said he had bought seeds from Amsterdam and was experimenting with growing his own.

Thai Rath reported that the Thai authorities have trouble detecting seeds sent through the post from Holland where much of the ganja business is legal.

Thong Lor cops found that the suspect had a previous conviction for Ya Ba use ten years ago.

He was charged with growing, possessing and distributing a class 5 drug (ganja).

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-24

8 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Was he high or something? Seeds may have originated in Thailand... coal to New Castle sort of thing. Back in the old days, Thai sticks were considered primo product.

The Dutch seed companies pioneered the development of high-yield for maximum profit hybrid strains of cannabis seed. They far surpass anything Thailand could produce in terms of quality and yield.

7 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

The Dutch seed companies pioneered the development of high-yield for maximum profit hybrid strains of cannabis seed. They far surpass anything Thailand could produce in terms of quality and yield.

Yh but that crap is too strong for most people. Thai stick a much more mellow buzz. The hash in Amsterdam is primo though but that skunk crap is just too strong 

I see many videos on YouTube for making a cannabis based ejuice for vaping ( odourless). I wonder if that will catch on in a big way. It seems crazy that this substance is still illegal, particularly when I'm tempted to try it for the first time in 45 years to see if it helps with osteo-arthritis.

14 minutes ago, barefootbangkok said:

And you know of this because you are an ardent reader of Home and Garden right?

The last book I read was the bible but I ran out of papers so page 821 came in real handy.

Thai Rath reported that the Thai authorities have trouble detecting seeds sent through the post from Holland where much of the ganja business is legal.

Just like any losers in the world ! War is lost, and all official should finally understand it !

Wish the guy the best and hope that he won't be jailed more than 20 years !

On 24/07/2017 at 10:11 PM, Prbkk said:

I see many videos on YouTube for making a cannabis based ejuice for vaping ( odourless). I wonder if that will catch on in a big way. It seems crazy that this substance is still illegal, particularly when I'm tempted to try it for the first time in 45 years to see if it helps with osteo-arthritis.

It will.
Have some friends in the UK who now legally buy canaboid (spelling) oils from Holland for similar pain relief problems. Not cheap, but they swear by it.

They still smoke weed, but use the oil medicinally...

I'm from Oregon, pot is legal there now. Last trip I was amazed at how many pot shops were there. Almost as many as there are 7-11s here. Somehow civilization there has not collapsed and rather than wasting taxes chasing people down, prosecuting and locking them up, there are now tax revenues flowing in.

On 24/07/2017 at 4:11 PM, Prbkk said:

Get on it. I am sure it will help.

On 24 July 2017 at 9:16 PM, Rc2702 said:

Yh but that crap is too strong for most people. Thai stick a much more mellow buzz. The hash in Amsterdam is primo though but that skunk crap is just too strong 

'Skunk' is just a generic term used to describe Dutch sensimilla cannabis in countries (like Britain) where it remains illegal. There are many different types produced in Holland ranging from very strong, heavy indica-based varieties (skunk being an example) to more mellow, clear sativa-based varieties (Thai is a sativa). The reason the heavy, strong varieties are more commonly produced is because they yield more product from a shorter, more compact plant. Indoor cultivation is expensive so illegal growers will always go with whatever's the most profitable. The Dutch growers produce a complete range because they don't have to hide what they're doing - although a good sativa does command a higher price in Dutch coffeeshops as they give a better high. Sorry for this rambling post - I got carried away. I'm not a smoker these days but lived in Holland for a few years so learned about the business.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:44 PM, Emster23 said:

Was he high or something? Seeds may have originated in Thailand... coal to New Castle sort of thing. Back in the old days, Thai sticks were considered primo product.

yes the very old days. thai weed is now known as crap.

marijuana has gotten way more powerful through selective and careful cross breeding.

thank heaven

'Skunk' is just a generic term used to describe Dutch sensimilla cannabis in countries (like Britain) where it remains illegal. There are many different types produced in Holland ranging from very strong, heavy indica-based varieties (skunk being an example) to more mellow, clear sativa-based varieties (Thai is a sativa). The reason the heavy, strong varieties are more commonly produced is because they yield more product from a shorter, more compact plant. Indoor cultivation is expensive so illegal growers will always go with whatever's the most profitable. The Dutch growers produce a complete range because they don't have to hide what they're doing - although a good sativa does command a higher price in Dutch coffeeshops as they give a better high. Sorry for this rambling post - I got carried away. I'm not a smoker these days but lived in Holland for a few years so learned about the business.

I think it's still illegal to use lights etc to grow weed in the Netherlands.... haven't been there a while, but I remember a 50 euro per plant fine plus confiscation of equipment, and getting chucked out and off the housing list, which is the worst part... most Dutch people live in "woning bedriyf" .... cheap rent, takes many years to get a place, being thrown onto the private rental market is a Nederlanders worst nightmare.

Sent from my shed using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/24/2017 at 1:56 PM, 4737 Carlin said:

Not true. High-grade Cannabis cultivation was happening in the USA -- especially California & Oregon --  many years before the Dutch started doing it. In fact, almost all the high-grade Cannabis seeds originated in the USA.

For many decades it was extremely rare to ever see Cannabis "weed" (leaf & flower buds) in Europe. There was plenty of hash, but weed was not available. Then about twenty years ago (or so) the techniques and hybrid seeds developed in the USA finally started moving into Europe -- especially Holland -- and now high-grade, California-style, Dutch-cultivaded weed is readily available. 

Archived