2017/18 schools term dates please?

giogio

Exact dates are set by each school's director, so check with the school if your question is about a specific school.  That said, with Chulalongkon Day on Oct.23, and the cremation of the late king set for Oct.26, Mon. Oct. 30, 2017 looks like a good bet. (It is normally on or about Nov. 1)

thnx allane

i'm no targeting any individual school.

i'm trying to get a teaching post for next term, and after some speculative applications i feel that a job will only come at the very last minute

having said that,  i wanna buy my flight at a decent price, i.e. asap

that's why i'm trying to figure out the start date

thnx again

As noted to you by another poster, it depends on the schools and even the locations, provinces etc,  in general you have the Government schools, then you have what I call Semi-private and finally the International.

From my experience I've found around end of Feb is when the term ends, in general they take around 2 1/2 months off and return in the area beginning or middle of May.

In mid October I noticed they take a 2 week break, this year due to the King cremation I would take note of post #2.

Not sure if that help, you just might have to buy and pay a fee for changes?

@tonray

last year term (nov-march) i actually arrived in thailand quite late (jan), i thought of easily find a school without farang ajarn where to work for the final 2/3 months, but in fact i didn't find any placement .......and i spent time holidaying. this time i'd like to get to  thailand in time for the term start so as to hopefully get a place somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

I expect second term will start 28 October.

January imo is fourth best time of year to find a job. If you struck out, you might want to assess your skills and plan accordingly.

April 07-May07

May 01-15 (hot!)

October 01-21

August

Early January

The last two are primarily for non public schools, but Ive seen some good jobs over the years in Jan. Also perhaps when Intl, bilinguals, etc cut their crap teachers and when the best of the lot jumps to other schools. Possibly following different calendars as well. Possible the last two are really bkk only, maybe Phuket.

Archived