Patong Police chief suspicious of Canadian Muay Thai fighter’s ‘suicide’

snoop1130

Patong Police chief suspicious of Canadian Muay Thai fighter’s ‘suicide’

The Phuket News

1500978562_1-org.jpg

Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigadech has ordered a thorough investigation into the death of well-respected Phuket Muay Thai fighter Matthew Richardson. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET:-- The Chief of the Patong Police has called for a thorough investigation into the death of 27-year-old Canadian expat Matthew Richardson, a well-respected Muay Thai fighter in Phuket whose body was found in his rented home in Patong yesterday (July 24).

Mr Richardson was found dead from apparent hanging in the bathroom of his rented house on 50 Pi Rd yesterday morning with the strap of a black carry bag still around his neck.

Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigadech told The Phuket News today, “After we received some information about the case, I do not want to sum up that he committed suicide.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-police-chief-suspicious-of-canadian-muay-thai-fighter-suicide-63184.php#hula7KRhO1LgpxsE.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-25

We really need this forensic report so that we can know the exact cause of death in this case,” he added.

Looks like there is a proper copper amongst them, although the statement should be worded "every" case, and not just "this" case.  

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Kudos to the guy for investigating the death and not taking the easy path.

Interesting to see the outcome, as two good friends of the deceased have pointed out depression being the contributing factor..

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

We really need this forensic report so that we can know the exact cause of death in this case,” he added.

Looks like there is a proper copper amongst them, although the statement should be worded "every" case, and not just "this" case.  

There are apparently more "proper" Cops in Thailand but they report mainly on those that say stupid things !!!

People need to have some respect for family and friends before running their mouths off. This article and the one before it, are completely inaccurate. The newspaper has already been given the correct information and asked to amend it or take the article down. This man was my friend, my husband was his trainer and good friend, and the lady who found him is like a sister to me. She was not his girlfriend, they were best mates, she is actually married and has been happily for 10 years. She had a friend come with her who had to break down the front door as it was deadlocked from the inside. When she pushed the bathroom door open his body fell from the door onto the floor. Her mother came and sat with her on the floor in the bathroom for 2 hours until officials arrived. He had battled with depression and insomnia for a long time, end of story. Depression and insomnia is the biggest killer of men worldwide. All he wanted was peace, please respect that he has now found it and let him rest.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“After we received some information about the case, I do not want to sum up that he committed suicide.

wonder what that 'new information' was; usually the thai police are quick to say 'suicide' as they dont have to do anything after that

7 hours ago, jlena said:

People need to have some respect for family and friends before running their mouths off. This article and the one before it, are completely inaccurate. The newspaper has already been given the correct information and asked to amend it or take the article down. This man was my friend, my husband was his trainer and good friend, and the lady who found him is like a sister to me. She was not his girlfriend, they were best mates, she is actually married and has been happily for 10 years. She had a friend come with her who had to break down the front door as it was deadlocked from the inside. When she pushed the bathroom door open his body fell from the door onto the floor. Her mother came and sat with her on the floor in the bathroom for 2 hours until officials arrived. He had battled with depression and insomnia for a long time, end of story. Depression and insomnia is the biggest killer of men worldwide. All he wanted was peace, please respect that he has now found it and let him rest.

It's good to read a first-hand perspective on a story like this, when most of these pages tend to be filled with conjecture and speculation. Thank you for sharing. And sorry for the tragic loss of your friend. 

Archived