How to get rid of that last little bit of fat from my abs?

simon43

4 hours ago, robblok said:

True.. but i seen proof of fasted cardio and yohimbine. There are some reputable people who support this. 

Yeah OP could look into Mike Matthews on Youtube / iTunes podcast. He's an older guy, 40 or so, very articulate and knowledgable. His whole brand is about realistic goals for normal people, older people, etc., 'Muscle for Life' is his website. Probably one of the only fitness gurus who doesn't take steroids. Google stubborn fat muscle for life. 

12 hours ago, connda said:

Get over it, it comes with age. I've got pecs, abs, biceps, traps, and love handles, and  I wear my 'love handles' like a badge with honor.  And by the way, if you 'complete the job' today, tomorrow will eventually find you back at square one.  So Relax! You'll be happier!  :smile: 

Some people are not happy letting themselves go.  

So Relax! You'll be happier!

I'm very relaxed and I'm very happy.  I promised myself that before I hit 60 years old, I would get my body and diet in good shape, so that I can 'cruise' into old age, having minimised health risks due to obesity and poor health or diet.  I'm 95% there.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'm very relaxed and I'm very happy.  I promised myself that before I hit 60 years old, I would get my body and diet in good shape, so that I can 'cruise' into old age, having minimised health risks due to obesity and poor health or diet.  I'm 95% there.

Its just a goal you want to achieve, i get that.. i want to get there too. I tried more then a few times and now I have again given myself till November to reach the same goal. I have high hopes this time as I fine tuned a few things, got myself some yohimbine hcl and other stuff. But most important I have been doing far more cardio as when i did my previous attempts. Previously I was more focused on diet and weight lifting. 

Now I added morning cardio (nothing too crazy 25 minutes on an elliptical at high settings). I will probably increase the amount of time once the weight loss slows. Same with the supplements i bought will add them to break through plateau's. Going to take my time and not give up even if it goes slow. The last little bits are always hard to combat. On the other hand its nice to have a goal.. i get bored when I have no goals and I am already at the top of my muscle building potential so not much gain to be made there. 

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Some people are not happy letting themselves go.  

Some people just like to have a goal in fitness and go for it.. I would certainly not let myself go anymore.. i was a fat slob before i started all of this. I never want to become that fat slob again.  (brother recently got diagnosed with diabetic) So all the more reason for me to stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Some people just like to have a goal in fitness and go for it.. I would certainly not let myself go anymore.. i was a fat slob before i started all of this. I never want to become that fat slob again. 

I have never been fat. Just slightly overweight. But like you I have goals. I want to get my weight down another couple of kgs - this is proving difficult - and come off my blood pressure meds. Only on low dosage at the moment but want to go "no dosage". My current waist size is now the same as it was 25 years ago, size 32. I also want to look good and admit looks are important to me. So like you and the OP, I have set goals.

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I have never been fat. Just slightly overweight. But like you I have goals. I want to get my weight down another couple of kgs - this is proving difficult - and come off my blood pressure meds. Only on low dosage at the moment but want to go "no dosage". My current waist size is now the same as it was 25 years ago, size 32. I also want to look good and admit looks are important to me. So like you and the OP, I have set goals.

Its good to have goals, but often those who don't set goals call those with goals obsessive. 

I have been training with weights so long that there is little gain to be made there. I prefer it over cardio though I must say its nice to have good stamina from cardio. So if i want to set any goals it will have to be fat loss and or improvement in stamina. I think its real hard to stay motivated without goals. Once I set a goal its also easier to eat clean and stick to healthy foods. The only problem is there has to be some reward (less fat) but that is sometimes hard to track. 

Garry the last little bit is always hardest, it just takes more time. The problem is that you don't always see progress so you don't know if your doing it right. For me feeling a little hungry is my guide. Then I know I am at least not eating too much. 

i was a fat slob before i started all of this. I never want to become that fat slob again.  (brother recently got diagnosed with diabetic)

Last Saturday, when I was in BKK, I visited a very good friend.  The previous week, he and his GF had come to see me in Naypyidaw.  They took a tour of a temple and he had to remove his shoes and socks.  He is diabetic and has a foot ulcer.  The ulcer got infected from the damp of the floor.

Now he is in Bumrungrad hospital....  He is about my age, but fat and unhealthy, and has difficulty walking at the best of times.  Through his own comments, he says that his bad health is all his own fault for not looking after his body and his diet.

Sure, he could outlive me if I get squashed by a bus.  But at least I will die a healthy and fit guy... :)

Back on topic.  The thought of doing morning exercise is a bit hard to stomach.  Maybe run 5Km at 05.30am before I eat breakfast and cycle to work.  I bought an expensive pair of road running shoes in BKK, (as opposed to the soft 'dance' shoes that I wear on the treadmill). So I suppose I need to justify the expense of those new shoes by hitting the road before breakfast.

I wouldn't need to do all this exercise if I had a nyphomaniac wife.....

27 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Last Saturday, when I was in BKK, I visited a very good friend.  The previous week, he and his GF had come to see me in Naypyidaw.  They took a tour of a temple and he had to remove his shoes and socks.  He is diabetic and has a foot ulcer.  The ulcer got infected from the damp of the floor.

Now he is in Bumrungrad hospital....  He is about my age, but fat and unhealthy, and has difficulty walking at the best of times.  Through his own comments, he says that his bad health is all his own fault for not looking after his body and his diet.

Sure, he could outlive me if I get squashed by a bus.  But at least I will die a healthy and fit guy... :)

Back on topic.  The thought of doing morning exercise is a bit hard to stomach.  Maybe run 5Km at 05.30am before I eat breakfast and cycle to work.  I bought an expensive pair of road running shoes in BKK, (as opposed to the soft 'dance' shoes that I wear on the treadmill). So I suppose I need to justify the expense of those new shoes by hitting the road before breakfast.

I wouldn't need to do all this exercise if I had a nyphomaniac wife.....

Crikey!  the only way I'd go for a run at 05:30 would be if I jogged home from a night out.  Otherwise I'm not usually up until after 09:00 and sometimes much later.

I prefer to get up late and stay up late.  Night time is when there are more people out having fun.... day time can be boring.

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Crikey!  the only way I'd go for a run at 05:30 would be if I jogged home from a night out.  Otherwise I'm not usually up until after 09:00 and sometimes much later.

I prefer to get up late and stay up late.  Night time is when there are more people out having fun.... day time can be boring.

I have trouble exercising in the morning, only reason im doing it now is to lose a bit extra fat and that after a heavy lifting session I am often not in the mood to do an half hour of cardio. But otherwise i really hate exercise in the morning. 5:30.... wow.. i normally start at 8:00 in my home gym. 

My own experience is that it is very hard to put on muscle and cut at the same time. For every 1kg of muscle i put on, I would put on say 0.5kg off fat. If you accept that with the knowledge and plan that after your cycle (whatever that may be), you will cut and minimise muscle loss while maximising fat loss. it does sound as though at 12% you have done exceptionally well and it may just be the genetics kicking in. 

I have just finished my off season, starting pre season for the sport I compete in. For me, losing the kg's and getting a base fitness comes from HIIT on a stationary bike. i disagree with he 90 minutes of cardio. Not necessary with a good HIIT program. 

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

My own experience is that it is very hard to put on muscle and cut at the same time. For every 1kg of muscle i put on, I would put on say 0.5kg off fat. If you accept that with the knowledge and plan that after your cycle (whatever that may be), you will cut and minimise muscle loss while maximising fat loss. it does sound as though at 12% you have done exceptionally well and it may just be the genetics kicking in. 

I have just finished my off season, starting pre season for the sport I compete in. For me, losing the kg's and getting a base fitness comes from HIIT on a stationary bike. i disagree with he 90 minutes of cardio. Not necessary with a good HIIT program. 

Not to bad if you can put on a few kg of muscle id go for 10 kg of muscle and 5 kg of fat. Its hard to gain muscle at a certain point. (if you have been lifting hard and good for a few years there are not many gains to be made).

I do HIIT and steady cardio.. but most really comes from diet.. diet is the most important part. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived