Where can I get my phone repaired in Pattaya?

JohnJay

My samsung phone needs a new charge controller. It was turning off randomly when it had 50 or 60 percent battery, now it won't charge at all after many hours. I replaced the battery but it had no effect.

I went to a phone repair place in central marina and they told me to buy another new battery, which definitely will not help. Has anyone had their phone repaired in Pattaya and if so where, and what was the cost? I'm also wary of going anywhere as a foreigner as the price tends to go up. Is there anyone competent out there that won't rip me off?

Thanks

If it's a Samsung phone the obvious place to go would be the official Samsung service centre on North Road. It wont be very cheap but they should do the job properly and they do seem to have a proper tariff that applies to everyone.

Read my report of an in-warranty repair:  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/993785-samsung-in-warranty-repair/

Otherwise try Tukcom but it's all very hit and miss there and personally I would not trust them with anything more complex than the most common jobs (new battery, new screen).

1 hour ago, Mojomor said:

There is a phone repairs hop on Soi Watboon, very close to the market. About 2 shops East of the market. It's quite good and very reasonable.

That's were we take all our electronics  to be repaired, computers phones etc.

Yeah Tukcom is my 1st Choice.  Just ask for there business card & remember where they are located so that if you return you can find same shop. Also ask for atleast 30 day warranty on their work & they should include a copy on back of card or receipt.    

tukcom-pattaya-it-center.jpg

Yep. They will do that and more at Tukcom. Sony Xperia tablet of mine had a broken screen. First shop you run into on first floor fixed it, costly at 6000 Baht, but that money is alright considering the work they had to do on a watertight device and the cost of that screen alone. 4 days wait, no complaints.

Tukcom - Pattaya Tai Rd ( South Pattaya ) 

Go to 2nd Fl. immediately after entering front entrance , 

LEFT side in the corner : GALAXY shop .

Very happy with their service & rates .

I went to one shop in tukcom to replace the battery. They busted the phone so the screen digitzer no longer worked, then claimed it was already broken. Had to buy a whole new glass screen.

None of the shops there give me much confidence they can do more than simple jobs you could do yourself.

Bangkok I found two places that did a great job. One in central plaza grand rama 9 (he actually knew how to solder) and one under Big C Huamark.

I go there if I need something done.

Archived