Pattaya has barely seen the like of it since the infamous bust of the foreign bridge players in February last year

webfact

Pattaya has barely seen the like of it since the infamous bust of the foreign bridge players in February last year

3am.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- This time the gambling miscreants were the wives of foreigners who had set up a gambling den in a house in Choke Chai Village, Bang Lamung.

Bang Lamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong had got wind of it and ordered his minions and a soldier or two to carry out a lightning raid to catch the gamblers.

A video showed the raiding party arrive and catch four middle aged women in the act of playing the Thai card game "Dummy". The money had been hurriedly removed from the table but the officers soon had it back in place.

Charged with gambling were Phailin Nilsa, 60, Kanokkorn Kornkanok, 56, Wichuda Yaowasri, 47, and EWng-kiaw Sae-jeu, 56.

Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.

Police took 6,580 baht into evidence along with several packs of cards.

The cops said most of those present were the wives of foreigners.

The atmosphere seemed quite light-hearted despite the law breaking, reported Siamchon News after the Friday night raid.

But mystery had surrounded the whereabouts of the owner of the house. That mystery was soon solved, however, when a key was obtained and 52 year old Em-orn Siriphong was found cowering in the toilets.

She was also charged, it is believed.

Thaivisa notes that district chief Naris has been busy cleaning up the resort.

Apart from several raids on entertainment places staying open too late he was also on the scene on February 14th Valentine's Day this year when he caught a UK tourist with his trousers down in a Walking Street short time sex room.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-26

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

The miscreants are wives of foreigners, shock horror.

Being married to foreigners has corrupted those poor women.

They were only doing what many thousands of Thai women do every day.

Pity the authorities have nothing more serious to attend to.

Morons... Usually i'd expect Thais get a pass on stuff like this but as those in the frame here are wed to foreigners they'll be fair game for a proper shakedown that'll help justify the raid. Sigh ?

13 minutes ago, z42 said:

Morons... Usually i'd expect Thais get a pass on stuff like this but as those in the frame here are wed to foreigners they'll be fair game for a proper shakedown that'll help justify the raid. Sigh ?

My wife (actually me), was shaken down for 10K baht once for a minor traffic accident, that wasn't her fault. I was miles & miles away.

The cop told her "You have farang name. All farang have big money. Must pay 10K baht or I make big problem for you".

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.

Stellar reporting!

As somebody else already said, when did drinking at a friend's house become illegal?

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

Read the original again...

"...there was no evidence they were gambling"

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Where is that from? The OP says "no evidence they were gambling."

31 minutes ago, rawhod said:

Actually, for your information, what I quoted was exactly what was originally written in the OP, which is why I quoted it in the first place. I see that they have edited the OP since then (and I see that at least one other member also noted the "error".)

54 minutes ago, rawhod said:

We don't have enough details here, but playing cards that don't have the proper sticker on them are 100% illegal.  It's a big deal to get caught with them...errr...the police make money off it. LOL

Archived