Pattaya has barely seen the like of it since the infamous bust of the foreign bridge players in February last year

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Great to see Police resources used to their full extent ! mean while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !

Yup, cutting off low hanging fruit is so much easier.

Naughty ladies :post-4641-1156693976:  :cheesy:

1 minute ago, shaurene said:

Really does make you laugh with the crime going on in Pattaya they waste resorses on raining a few women having a game of cards. It is no wonder many workd leaders laugh at Thailand,

What at evidence do we have of many world leaders laughing at Thailand?

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Stellar reporting!

As somebody else already said, when did drinking at a friend's house become illegal?

Personally I read : Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.

Just now, Tchooptip said:

Personally I read : Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.

The article was changed after I quoted it.

Completely tedious and a stupid waste of resources when you take into consideration how it is more financially rewarding to shakedown motorists and cigarette butt offenders. The Police need to rethink their business model for a more profitable rewarding outcome.

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My wife (actually me), was shaken down for 10K baht once for a minor traffic accident, that wasn't her fault. I was miles & miles away.

The cop told her "You have farang name. All farang have big money. Must pay 10K baht or I make big problem for you".

You got off lightly, mate.  It cost me getting on for 80K in lawyers' fees and 'compensation' to avoid prosecution on a trumped up charge fabricated by a lying chimp from Sattahip police station.

The speed and Professionalism of the RTP on this raid was amazing. I have NEVER seen a RTP Officer run so quickly anywhere in Thailand. They normally wait for the crook to show up at the police station and turn themselves in. That's the Thai Style! Those older ladies need to be thrown in jail and no bond until their trial. By the way, where are those Bridge Players. Did they get 2 years of hard labor? Good going RTP now try and get some real criminals! Amazing Thailand!

I mean how did these police even no about this particulate house  I cannot  believe they did this whole song a dance over a card game ,maybe these harmless old ladies are the main importers of illegal  stuff . or are the owners of  sex  trade  establishments .  :cheesy:  :cheesy:   

Meanwhile in "Turd-aya"...sheets of iron and steel rods hurtle down into the street from a demolition project......black water and sewerage continue to pour out into the sea....LB's continue to snatch and grab jewellery from tourists...taxis continue without meters......scams/extortion happens on a daily basis........but most importantly and of top national priority to the RTP,  a few woman have been busted for having a friendly happy congenial game of cards in their friends home.

Incidentally a gang of the highwaymen was at work yesterday just before the Ambassador.  They even had a spotter on a walkie-talkie to give the other robbers advance warning of approaching farangs.

My wife spotted them in time and we switched so she was driving.

11 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Incidentally a gang of the highwaymen was at work yesterday just before the Ambassador.  They even had a spotter on a walkie-talkie to give the other robbers advance warning of approaching farangs.

My wife spotted them in time and we switched so she was driving.

They've been hanging out around there for YEARS.

I always drive in the slow lane, about 50 kph thru that area after I almost ran over an idiot, err...cop near there once

He came walking out of the median as I glanced in my left mirror. When I looked up again my right mirror missed him by about 4 inches.

5 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Great to see Police resources used to their full extent ! mean while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !

What always amazes me is that they take the press/media with them so that the rest of the world can see what idiots they make of themselves?

24 minutes ago, KIWIBATCH said:

Meanwhile in "Turd-aya"...sheets of iron and steel rods hurtle down into the street from a demolition project......black water and sewerage continue to pour out into the sea....LB's continue to snatch and grab jewellery from tourists...taxis continue without meters......scams/extortion happens on a daily basis........but most importantly and of top national priority to the RTP,  a few woman have been busted for having a friendly happy congenial game of cards in their friends home.

No, the police got this one right. Everyone should feel safer that the old dragons got pinched. By the look of them they'd cut your throat to steal your wallet in order to fund the "dummy" addiction.

I hope immigration have been warned lest they make a run for the border, and Interpol as well in the event they manage to cross it.

I must confess to breaking up with laughter a few times while watching the video. It reminds me of the British TV comedy series 'The Blue Thin Line'. Right from the start when storming the house with 'Go! Go! Go! If one of the Bridge players on the receiving end of a so called anti gambling bust is correct, the raiders are not police but Licencing Authority guardians. I wonder what their day job is. I do thank them though for providing a good laugh. Amazing Thailand.:saai:

Archived