Pattaya has barely seen the like of it since the infamous bust of the foreign bridge players in February last year

webfact

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My wife (actually me), was shaken down for 10K baht once for a minor traffic accident, that wasn't her fault. I was miles & miles away.

The cop told her "You have farang name. All farang have big money. Must pay 10K baht or I make big problem for you".

I'd have got out my phone and recorded the scene. And then told him that I'll make big trouble for him by reporting him to Channel 3 along with the video.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Asernume said:

How is that relevant?

Thais hold absolutely  no responsibilty for decision making actions. Therefore to take any potential guilt or repremand away from the innocent Thai wives, the Thai Royal  Police can utilize the foreign husbands as a bad corruptable influence that led them to such wicked actions.

13 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

I'd have got out my phone and recorded the scene. And then told him that I'll make big trouble for him by reporting him to Channel 3 along with the video.

Great idea.

I was in BKK. She was at the Jomtien police station.

All 1.5 meters & 45 kilos of her.

She was trying to turn towards the beach on Threppasit Rd off Soi 4.

Traffic had stopped/backed up at the Sukh. light, but it also stopped for her so she could turn right. As she pulled around/in front of a big truck/lorry into the correct lane, a moto idiot came screaming around, passing the truck on the right and hit her driver's door.

He was illegaly passing/overtaking, speeding, had no insurance and no license.

Wife had license and insurance...and a farang name.

At least the moto retard broke his leg.

5 minutes ago, maddermax said:

The Thai authorities should be aware that the world is aware that in Thailand the law is not always applied and then again not applied even-handedly.

Who cares? The whole world will soon use Thai as their language. The world revolves around Thailand don't you know?

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Thai women but wives of Foreigners.  Geez that was a close one, still get to blame those damn foreigners.

quite rightly I suspect, it was the Farang what gave them so much money they had spare money for such illegal activities.

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

No evidence they were "gambling"

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My wife (actually me), was shaken down for 10K baht once for a minor traffic accident, that wasn't her fault. I was miles & miles away.

The cop told her "You have farang name. All farang have big money. Must pay 10K baht or I make big problem for you".

I've made it my business to know the names of a couple of very senior policemen, and have played golf several times with one of them.

My response in that situation would be : I know senior policeman. You make big problem for me, you will lose your job.

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

it said no evidence they were GAMBLING- there was AMPLE evidence that they were drinking... :coffee1:

12 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

No evidence they were "gambling"

The article was changed post mortem, after it had been quoted and ridiculed twice and it said "they were drinking, but there was no evidence they were drinking."

the standard defense for the money on the table has always been. "we use it as tokens only like we would use monopoly money or matchsticks. no one ever takes or loses the money. it always goes back to rightful owners." This puts the burden of proof on the police to prove that they were actually gambling. It is not illegal to use bank notes as tokens.

7 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I've made it my business to know the names of a couple of very senior policemen, and have played golf several times with one of them.

My response in that situation would be : I know senior policeman. You make big problem for me, you will lose your job.

actually, just yesterday i had a minor motrocycle accident, Thai guy turned into me (he was swerving w/no signal,

i passed on the right as i didn't know which way he was going- his bike only broke the ball end of the brake cable

(a 50 baht repair at most, my mechanic- my landlord's hubby- would fix for free)

as soon as i stopped my bike, the Thai guy was yelling, two foreigners who were in the 7-11 lot across the road 

saw the whole thing, and told me they saw the guy JUMP off his bike and quickly move it to the MIDDLE of the road  so as to sow suspicion on me; so i called a dear friend from my neighborhood, whose hubby is a police officer- she got on phone to local police "hanger on" (the guy who i had the accident with refused to talk),

she told the other guy "dok mai (my Thai name) is not rich, you cannot extort money from her"

meanwhile, her cousin was right across the road w/shop next to 7-11, he called his cousin, my friend, and said

"there is NOTHING wrong w/Thai guy's bike, he is trying to 'shake down' dok mai"

so he insisted we wait for police, we all went to police station including my 2 foreigner witnesses

another Thai guy who knew me was there for another matter and helped translate the harder legal terms

the would-be extortionist tried to demand 1000 baht from me to "fix" his bike,

i laughed in his face and said "ba" (crazy)

my friend said that the guy was trying to force me to go to court and they would hold me in jail until we saw

the judge, said it was better to negotiate in the station- so i finally allowed him to collect 500 baht

(the police were all friends, and were trying to talk some sense into the guy, i kept saying to them "he is lying, i have these witnesses" they were not sweating the bike not being registered nor not having license, it's an 'island bike', haven't renewed reg for 5 years even though i have the green book)

Where did you glean your quote from?  I must have read a different version or did you,?  Here is what I read. "Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.  Nothing about drinking.:wai::sorry:

6 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Great to see Police resources used to their full extent ! mean while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !

100% ! Whats the big deal in playing cards cops and army got nothing better to do than bust some older ladies playing a game of cards , its always been the same in thailand when is the country allowed to grow up , stop treating people like children. 

10 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Where did you glean your quote from?  I must have read a different version or did you,?  Here is what I read. "Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.  Nothing about drinking.:wai::sorry:

See post 78, three posts above yours.

I quoted it too on the 1st page of this thread. Highlight text, and click "Quote this".

What was actually in the article:
"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling."
Illegal gambling, not drinking, is what the entire article is about.
Once again TV posters displaying an amazing ability to read what is not there.

Apologies. I see it is claimed that the original article was edited after the fact.

Archived