Chinese "spoilt brat" tourist tries to kill himself after being denied a "Big Mac"!

webfact

6 hours ago, impulse said:

The guy obviously has mental issues, as even the most spoiled of brats won't try to kill themselves over a hamburger.  Throw a tantrum, sure.  Threaten to commit suicide?  Possibly.  

Throw himself in front of moving traffic?  That's mental illness.

yes he probably had mental issues but part of the reason he has mental issues was the way he was raised....

Sounds like he never learned how to handle not getting what he wants.

I understand the need for parents to give their child a better life... but if you don't teach your children simple crap like learning how to deal with disappointment you wind up with a man child who will flip out as an adult. you wind up with shits like Robin Arryn and joffery baratheon in games of thrones.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Quality tourist want quality burger.:cheesy:

Don't know why he would be going to McDonald's then.

You know what they say, There is nothing like a good burger, but the crap served up at McDonald's is nothing like a good burger.

8 hours ago, hargri said:

I recall reading some time ago that the one child policy had given rise to a lot of 'little emperors'. Spoilt, narcissistic people many of whom are now of course adults. A worrying thought when you consider the position of China in the world today.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I worked in China for some time and I came across the " Little Emporer a few times, it needs to be seen to be believed, caused in part by rearing by grandparents. 

7 hours ago, happyas said:

The kid needs urgent mental heath support and treatment for hidden mental issues.

Er, what was 'hidden' about it, exactly? Pretty sure jumping into oncoming traffic, especially over a big mac, is as UN-hidden as mental issues come!!! (What E-Numbers they been putting in their burgers, lately, anyway?)

24 minutes ago, rosst said:

I worked in China for some time and I came across the " Little Emporer a few times, it needs to be seen to be believed, caused in part by rearing by grandparents. 

Yeah, not been left long myself and seen plenty!.. something in the 'air' there, definately!!

8 hours ago, hargri said:

I recall reading some time ago that the one child policy had given rise to a lot of 'little emperors'. Spoilt, narcissistic people many of whom are now of course adults. A worrying thought when you consider the position of China in the world today.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I lived and worked for a year in China, working (and socializing :drunk:) closely with Chinese people. Of course I did not meet every man jack of them, but trust me- Chinese people are just people. This spoiled little lump of ordure (moderators note my self-restraint) is not so different from the little 'sweet-heart' that lives next door to us in Rayong.

Kids in China are treated like kings .

They are spoiled because they are often one off and on top of that they are raised by the grands...

I have seen some scenes in shops in China nobody believe me when I tell....And the parents just smile...

1 minute ago, Ozziefrog said:

Kids in China are treated like kings .

They are spoiled because they are often one off and on top of that they are raised by the grands...

I have seen some scenes in shops in China nobody believe me when I tell....And the parents just smile...

Some kids in China are treated like kings, of course. Let's not overly dramatize or stereotype people here.

I have also seen similar tantrums from kids in Sri Lanka, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia (talk about kids being treated like kings, you should see the excesses of kids from wealthy families!) and Macau/Xianzhou/Hong Kong.

As you are likely aware, there are many, many more Chinese kids whose family circumstances would dictate that even a slice of pizza would constitute regal fare!

Oh well, it's "can o'clock" and if my missus hasn't got the beer Singh chilled to liquid nitrogen temperature, there'll be hell to pay. Ha ha 

Cheers mate :drunk:

9 hours ago, davethailand said:

I'd like to say should of let him do it but it would be unfair on the poor sod that he ran infront of.

Little s**t!.

He was just being a worldly citizen and wanted to make sure he did not contribute to the future of overpopulation. 

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Hidden?

Yes...a frequent problem with these brats of today who are allowed to basically do as they like and think that the world owes them, and not vice-versa, is that real mental issues are not obvious to parents etc ie hidden behind the facade of brat behaviour, as in this case.

They simply see and, no doubt accept that the kid is out of control and let it sllde, until something far more serious,such as trying to kill oneself suddenly shows the hidden mental illness is there.

6 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I'm sure he would not have actually killed himself.  They should have let him have his wish and see how successful he would be at it.  I'm curious.  This was just an attention ploy.  And if not, meh, small loss.  

Maybe so, but it would be traumatic for the person hitting him, and there would be body work and possibly bodily fluids all over the place.   What if the car that hit him was full of kids.  Yikes.

8 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I'm sure he would not have actually killed himself.  They should have let him have his wish and see how successful he would be at it.  I'm curious.  This was just an attention ploy.  And if not, meh, small loss.  

Maybe so, but it would be traumatic for the person hitting him, and there would be body work and possibly bodily fluids all over the place.   What if the car that hit him was full of kids.  Yikes.

Q:  it's interesting that most of the screwiest stories out of Thailand come from Pattaya.  Runner ups:  Phuket and Bangkok.   I'm glad I don't reside in those tourist-choked cities.   Mental illness seems to be all over, in those places.

Archived